Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Why the Bucs passed on Cameron Jordan

The Bucs reportedly passed on Cam Jordan at the No. 20 pick in the draft because they questioned his pass-rush ability.

The Bucs "had doubts" that Jordan could ever be more than a "five- or six-sack per season guy," and were more confident in Adrian Clayborn's long-term upside as a pass rusher. In a 4-3 defense like the Bucs, Jordan projected as only a strong-side defensive end, possibly with the ability to move inside on nickel downs. He never topped 5.5 sacks in a college season.

From rotoworld.

Time will tell us if we got it right. I thought we were going to take Jordan at the time, but I am satisfied with the Clayborn pick.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Early on (long before draft day) I was against taking Clayborn as I was some what blinded by the whole "OMG HE HAS ERB'S PALSY!" lameness. After seeing more and more mocks having us take him as the draft got closer I watched more vids on youtube on him. I love his relentless, violent and athletic ability when taking on the man infront of him and/or whoever has the ball.

I thought they were going to take Jordan too and was some what disappointed that they passed on him, but I really do trust MD and Coach Morris and their drafting ability at this point. We sure will see if we were right or wrong in taking Clayborn over Jordan and we have even more so of a reason to hope that we picked right as Jordan is a Saint. lol

Been saying, since before the draft, that Heyward would be the better of the two Camerons. Seriously.

All I am saying is that I told you peeps to trust in Morris ;). Clayborn will be a good player in my mind and I hope he does well.