Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Chad in Atlanta ?

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution suggests the Falcons have "the inside track" to sign Chad Ochocinco should the Bengals release him this summer.

That inside track is former Bengals coordinator Bob Bratkowski, who is now Matt Ryan's quarterbacks coach. "(Bratkowski) was my coach at the Senior Bowl when I was coming out. He went to bat for me," said Ochocinco. "... He stood on the table for me and that's why they drafted me." It's not a far-fetched idea that Ocho would land with a Falcons team going all-in for 2011, but he'd have to accept a lesser offensive role at age 33 to make it happen. Related: Falcons Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Oh man I hope they do. Chad barking in Ryans ear all season could only help everyone else.

IF there is a season this year there will be a new CBA and therefor a Salary Cap. Can they really afford to put THAT much money into the WR position? I mean they just mortgaged their draft to take a WR at number six overall and already have Roddy White. When will they address their defense that go annihilated in their first playoff game? Not to mention playing in a NFC South that is explosive, offensively, in itself. I'll laugh.

Just sayin'.

:shrug:

Thomas Dmitroff has already made it clear that we will address the DE and LB positions in Free Agency...have no fear...

Per Rotoworld.com:

A team source tells Len Pasquarelli of the Sports XChange that the Falcons will not pursue Chad Ochocinco after he's released.

"Aint happenin'," a Falcons team source told Pasquarelli. Ochocinco has tried to push a reunion with new Atlanta QBs coach Bob Bratkowski, his offensive coordinator in Cincinnati. The Falcons aren't going to risk team chemistry for an aging backup wide receiver. They're more likely to keep Michael Jenkins. May 24, 11:00 AM

Source: FOX Sports