BLUE

Vince Young could be in play for the Dolphins

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 5, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT

Although it’s increasingly looking like Chad Henne will get another year as the Dolphins’ quarterback, it’s also likely that a veteran free agent will end up in Miami as competition for Henne. And it’s possible that that veteran free agent will be Vince Young.

The Titans are expected to release Young soon after the league year begins, and Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that an associate of Young’s said the Dolphins would be appealing to him, and Young is not out of the question for Miami.

However, there are a couple of caveats: The Dolphins are apparently concerned that if Young were to sign and then lose a quarterback competition with Henne, he’d quickly become an unhappy camper. And Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland has said that he doesn’t want to bring in a quarterback unless he has no questions about that quarterback’s accountability and dependability. Those haven’t exactly been Young’s strongest traits during his NFL career.

So Young is far from a perfect fit in Miami. But going into the season with Henne as the unquestioned starter isn’t a perfect situation either.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Not feeling it. Henne may not be the best starter for our team, but he is calm and does his job without complaining. He also takes accountability for his mistakes. Second, we just got rid of one scrambler in White. How will Vince be any different? On top of all that, he is too much diva for us to take on considering Marshall and his latest drama.

Second, we just got rid of one scrambler in White. How will Vince be any different?

CerealSpitting.png

Are you really comparing Vince Young to Pat White?

Vince Young CAN be a top 10 QB in this league, He's shown improvement, his deep ball is one of the best in the NFL and he's got the mobility factor working for him too. His clutch factor will draw a lot of teams, as well. It all depends on him changing the way he acts. I hope he can turn himself around. There's far too much talent in that man for him to waste away.

Second, we just got rid of one scrambler in White. How will Vince be any different?

:facepalm:

Well.

Vince Young doesn't depend as much on scrambling as Madden might have lead you to believe. He can throw the ball and throw it well. How can you even compare Pat White with VY? Don't forget Pat White was drafted specifically for the Wildcat, VY was drafted to be a QB. If you have any faith in Chad Henne then bless your heart, but if the Fins land VY you should be overjoyed.

Is he going to go emo again when he loses his job to henne.

I wasn't making a direct comparison between Young and White, so relax. Young is and always has been a better QB at the pro level, but I just don't think his style matches what the leadership want. If he has made greater strides in his pocket game, then by all means I'll admit I was mistaken. I don't follow the Titans all that much, so I could be wrong. But there is still the behavioral issue that is of greater concern to me. Just one opinion out of many. That's all.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Vince Young has reportedly spent time in South Florida this offseason as a way to get "face time" with the Dolphins.

Though the Dolphins are reported to have concerns about Young's attitude, we suspect they'll reconsider once the lockout is lifted. The staff has dropped hints that a mobile QB is on the agenda, and Young would be a good fit in Brian Daboll's run-heavy offense featuring play-fakes and roll-outs. Jun 17, 11:58 AM

Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

I've liked Vince Young since his days in Texas. I think he's got real talent, his emotions just get in the way. Benne is probably better, but I would give Vince a chance if I were Miami. Hell, we'd take him as a back up in Chicago if he'd like. :)

Edited by WindyCitySports