Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Terrelle Pryor leaves Ohio State

Posted by Mike Florio on June 7, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT

Last week, there was plenty of discussion regarding the hypothetical possibility that quarterback Terrelle Pryor will leave Ohio State, given the forced resignation of coach Jim Tressel.

The “hypothetical†can now be removed.

According to the Columbus Dispatch, Pryor is indeed leaving Ohio State. The next question becomes where he’ll go next.

In theory, he could transfer to an FCS-level school and play right away, dominating Randy Moss-style before heading to the NFL. But if the NCAA will continue to cram a microscope into an area of Pryor’s body where microscopes don’t naturally go, Pryor may decide to play pro football.

With the lockout still in place, the question becomes whether he’ll try to enter the supplemental draft, and whether there can even be a supplemental draft. The NFL believes that the expired labor deal permits a supplemental draft, we don’t, and the NFLPA* has yet to take a position on the subject.

With the NFL arguably no longer shielded from antitrust liability, Pryor also could pull a Maurice Clarett and file a lawsuit challenging the draft.

This one can go a lot of different ways. Regardless of how it turns out, it puts the NFL in a potentially awkward position.

Source: ProFootballTalk

Honestly, I could see a desperate team, such as Oakland, taking a shot at trying to develop him.

And he claimed he's leaving "because it's what's best for the team."

BULLSHIT! He does everything for personal gain. Proven by the tattoos on his arms, the cars he's illegally driving, and the fact that teammates and alumni are calling him out.

Good riddance. I'm already pumped to see him bust.

And he claimed he's leaving "because it's what's best for the team."

BULLSHIT! He does everything for personal gain. Proven by the tattoos on his arms, the cars he's illegally driving, and the fact that teammates and alumni are calling him out.

Good riddance. I'm already pumped to see him bust.

This is a great post. One of my friends said the same thing about his selfishness, and I agree. This doesn't benefeit the team. Nothing he's done benefeits the team. Him and his teammates screwed that football program over.

Just when you thought Cam Newton was a pompous asshole this kid is far beyond dickhead. el oh el whoever picks him up

Honestly, I could see a desperate team, such as Oakland, taking a shot at trying to develop him.

Yeah, like they did with JaMarcus Russell?

Pryor isn't a QB, the Raiders would have a better shot at developing a 3rd world country.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pryor isn't a QB, the Raiders would have a better shot at developing a 3rd world country.

:rofl:

He doesn't have the mindset or skills to be a successful NFL quarterback, he should stick to the lower tier leagues such as the CFL,UFL, and AFL. At best he is a WR in NFL.

:roflcopter:

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Terrelle Pryor ended his silence Tuesday -- for exactly 97 seconds.

Speaking out, albeit briefly, for the first time since his college career at Ohio State ended embroiled in scandal, Pryor appeared with agent Drew Rosenhaus and gave a brief statement. He apologized to the Buckeyes, to his former teammates and to now-departed coach Jim Tressel for his role in the mess that may take down one of America's proudest programs.

"I say sorry to all the Buckeye nation and all the Buckeye fans across the country," Pryor said. "I never meant to hurt anybody directly or indirectly with my conduct off the field and I am truly sorry."

"In terms of coach Jim Tressel, a special shoutout," Pryor said. "I'm sorry for what all went down and I apologize with all my heart. I love you just like a father. You taught me a lot and I apologize for putting you in a situation and taking you out of a job and place that you loved to be. I regret the fact that you're not there any more and I regret the fact that I'm not there any more."

The NCAA continues investigating all aspects of Ohio State's athletic program, particularly the football team, including whether athletes received cars, money or other extra benefits that would be against collegiate rules. Last week, when Pryor revealed that he was leaving school, ESPN reported that a former friend of his, speaking to the network under the condition of anonymity, claimed the quarterback made up to $40,000 annually signing autographs.

Pryor might still be asked to cooperate with that NCAA investigation. However, his attorney Larry James said last week the quarterback feels no obligation to speak with NCAA investigators now that he is no longer enrolled at Ohio State.

"He is very sad about what has happened to his college career and Ohio State," Rosenhaus said. "I can tell you that he is extremely, he is responsible for the mistakes that he has made. He has owned up to that. There are no excuses here, guys. No excuses at all. But the past is now the past for him and we have to move ahead. There is no point in him looking back."

Rosenhaus, who famously once kept repeating "Next question" at a news conference he hosted about client Terrell Owens -- the agent even got the pronunciations of their first names mixed up at one point -- took the tact of "No questions" on Tuesday.

"I think I've said it all," Rosenhaus said after he spoke for about six minutes in which, among other things, he insisted he believes Pryor will be a first-round pick in this summer's supplemental draft. "So I'd like to thank everybody for coming. Guys, we're going to shut it down right now and I appreciate your time. Thank you."

Reporters shouted questions and followed Rosenhaus, Pryor, other members of the entourage and some security up a hotel corridor, to no avail.

SOURCE: CBS Sports

Soooooo heartfelt. :rolleyes: