Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Eagles believe this is the year to win the Superbowl

As the NFL’s players and owners work toward a new collective bargaining agreement that could end the lockout before the Fourth of July, Eagles general manger Howie Roseman sits anxiously in his office at the NovaCare Complex, itching for the fireworks to begin. Armed with an expendable quarterback, Kevin Kolb, that numerous teams covet and secure in the conviction that the Michael Vick-led Eagles can contend for a Super Bowl championship, Roseman can’t wait to start wheeling and dealing in rapid-fire fashion. “We need to get this [labor dispute] settled,†Roseman said lightheartedly Tuesday via speakerphone as he drove home from work. “I’m ready for some action – right now.†With the Eagles coming off a surprisingly successful season which ended 27 yards short of a playoff triumph over the eventual Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers, Roseman is – with apologies to “American Idol†judge Randy Jackson – in it to win it. Though the owner-imposed lockout prevents Roseman from commenting on specific players, another Eagles source familiar with the organization’s thinking threw out names like Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, ex-New York Giants wideout Plaxico Burress and even current New Orleans Saints halfback Reggie Bush as players Philly might explore as potential acquisitions. “This is the year,†the source said earlier this week. “We think we have a great shot to win it, and we’re loading up and going for it.†Owner Jeffrey Lurie recently expressed a similar sentiment to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Ashley Fox, saying, “We’re ready to roll when there’s a new league year. … We’ve got a great plan in place, and you never know what you can accomplish, but I know we’re going to be both aggressive and hopefully make the right decisions. It’s frustrating to be a team that’s poised to make some of the moves we want to make and not be able to. I think we’ll all be excited when the league year starts.†Roseman, who turns 36 next week, has been preparing for the lockout’s abrupt end and league year’s beginning – and the corresponding start of free agency and allowance of other player transactions – for the past several months.

Source: Yahoo! Sports

Is it just me or is the Eagles year always 'next year'?

Agreed.

Is it just me or is the Eagles year always 'next year'?

"We'll get 'em next year" is the official moto of all Philadelphia sports teams...except the Phillies, who actually get shit done.

If its not this year, ITS NEXT!!!

• Downvote 1