Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Tyrone McKenzie emerging as Bucs leader

Per Rotoworld.com:

Bucs third-year LB Tyrone McKenzie has taken on an unlikely leadership role this offseason.

McKenzie is an unlikely leader for Tampa because he was only on the Bucs' roster for a few months last year after requesting his release from the Patriots. The USF alum has taken an active role in organizing players-only activities. It could help his chances of securing a backup job on the 53-man roster. Jul 5, 12:01 PM

Source: Tampa Tribune

USF REPRESENT!!! :rock:

In all seriousness, I love Tyrone. He was always underrated at USF, so I kinda hope he ends up at the very least making the Bucs roster.

I think he has a legit shot at starting if we don't re-sign Ruud, and we probably won't. He'll have to beat out Mason Foster though.

Looks like he really wants to take over Ruud's spot. Really wouldn't surprise me if he we just let Ruud walk.

I think he has a legit shot at starting if we don't re-sign Ruud, and we probably won't. He'll have to beat out Mason Foster though.

Honestly, IMO, I think Mason Foster will be best at Weak or Sam backer.

I'd really like to see what McKenzie can do...we all see the mental focus, leadership and work ethic...now let's see what he can actually do on the field.