Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Court of Appeals rules in favor of owners

One of the comments:

A couple of points here. The Eighth Circuit did not rule the lockout legal. Instead, the Circuit Court said that the District Court cannot issue injunctive relief (lifting the lockout) because it is barred to do so by the Norris-LaGuardia Act. That does not mean a lockout is legal. The Players can continue their suit and receive damages.

Another - you can appeal this decision before the entire Eighth Circuit (called en banc) before going to the Supreme Court. If I were representing the players, I would appeal the decision en banc since it was 2-1.

• Upvote 1

I agree.

yep.

i was kinda on the other side of the fence early on tho.

The NFL and NFLPA issued a joint statement:

"While we respect the court's decision, today's ruling does not change our mutual recognition that this matter must be resolved through negotiation. We are committed to our current discussions and reaching a fair agreement that will benefit all parties for years to come, and allow for a full 2011 season."

I have faith!

GET. SHIT. DONE.

Fuck man. It seems like every update just delays the matter even more.

Fuck man. It seems like every update just delays the matter even more.

dont it tho.. :shrug:

Just in case somebody doesn't understand:

This isn't a step backward in negotiations. In fact this has nothing to do with negotiations. It just means that the owners have the right to create a work stoppage in the NFL at the present time. It hasn't delayed anything, negotiations will resume as they should, NFL will be back soon, as it appears that the league and PA are closing in on an agreement.

It's a step forward in my opinion, it just means the player's union lost the legal battle, and have to actually negotiate instead of trying to get Uncle Sam to wipe their asses for them.

It's a step forward in my opinion, it just means the player's union lost the legal battle, and have to actually negotiate instead of trying to get Uncle Sam to wipe their asses for them.

I think they have realized that for a while now. They have been banking on the courts to rule in their favor for over a year now... It backfires in their faces, and all of a sudden they are committed to negotiations and getting a deal in place.