BLUE

Seahawks to change up Aaron Curry's use

Per Rotoworld.com:

The Seahawks are planning to have SLB Aaron Curry drop back into coverage less in 2011.

"Especially in space," according to the National Football Post. A disappointment as a puss rusher, as well, Curry's strength and long arms make him solid around the line of scrimmage, but that's not the kind of player you usually take with the fourth overall pick in the draft. Jul 17, 8:39 AM

Source: National Football Post

Edited by BLUE

good job seahawks.

Obvious move is Obvious. If he doesn't pan out know then he'll be closer and closer to being in the bust category. Remember when everyone flipped when the Chiefs took Tyson Jackson ahead of Curry. Ironically Jackson has played well, Curry... not too impressive for a top 5 pick that was hyped up to be a monster in whatever scheme he plays in. Hopefully this helps turn him around.

Edited by Irishcoffee

Jackson really hasn't played that well... sure he's improved from his rookie season, but his rookie season was frickin terrible. I think the thing about Curry is that he doesn't play a value position so he needs to be more than what you'd expect from the quaterbacks and defensive linemen in their first few years. He really hasn't been more than a solid role player, and while I can't call him a bust since he does alright, I can't call him a good value pick either.

I always thought he was better rushing the QB then playing in Coverage he did show flashes but to often he looked slow out there and he would get burned.

Razor summed it up best. I feel like I've heard this same story before. I know for a fact there was something on it last season. Part of the problem has to be the fact that the entire rest of the unit, especially the front 4, has been terrible. Brandon Mebane needs to be in there, and other guys need to do their jobs to give Curry a clear path to the quarterback. I've seen Curry have his share of great moments. He leveled Maurice Jones Drew and forced a fumble also in the game. Chris Clemmons was our best pass rusher last season, and he'll continue to be solid. Other than Brandon Mebane, who isn't even signed yet, there is no decent DT and 2nd DE on this football team. Marcus Trufant and just about everybody in the secondary has lost a step as well.

Chris Clemons will struggle without Mebane

I don't know too much about Curry but you want to try and build your defense around a top 5 pick type guy. Play to their strengths and weaknesses and allow them to make plays. All the best defenses do it and Curry really is that type of player expect a break out year. Keep in mind though guys Curry is still a very young player.

Obvious move is Obvious. If he doesn't pan out know then he'll be closer and closer to being in the bust category. Remember when everyone flipped when the Chiefs took Tyson Jackson ahead of Curry. Ironically Jackson has played well, Curry... not too impressive for a top 5 pick that was hyped up to be a monster in whatever scheme he plays in. Hopefully this helps turn him around.

I was one of those who flipped when KC took Jackson over Curry....I just keep telling myself Super Mario didn't do so well his first season either, and now he's dominant at his position.

Curry's highlite real out of college was even a dissapointment. He's a serviceable roster member only. If you want to see NFL calibre highlite level linebacking on the hawk's squad, then you have to turn to David Hawthorn (aka The Heater), who was an undrafted free agent that developed.

Un Curry's defense he hasnt exactely had a solid foundation to build on. He has had a different defense to learn and use each season and thats rough thing to do especially when he is so new....