Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

Bucs keep Quincy Black

From Jason La Confora

LB Quincy Black stays in Tampa 5yrs, $29M, $11.5M guaranted. Wonder if there is still money for Barrett Ruud at LB there. Buff needs a LB

Not sure he is worth that much, but he was worth keeping and we have money.

Yeah, over payed a little but there was quite a bit of interest for him. He's the best LB we have imo so I'm glad they didn't let him go. It's bad enough we'll likely be dealing with a new MLB.

All of the guaranteed money in Bucs SLB Quincy Black's five-year, $29 million contract has already been paid.

Black is undergoing surgery later this month to facilitate the healing of a damaged nerve in his neck, and is considered a "long way" from playing football again. The Bucs could release Black this offseason with zero cap hit, although they'd owe him some cash as part of his injury protection. Black struggled in Greg Schiano's new defense before suffering his injury in Week 10.

Source: Tampa Bay Times

I see him being paid an injury settlement and retiring. With Black and Wright being cut we would free up a lot of cap.

I see him being paid an injury settlement and retiring. With Black and Wright being cut we would free up a lot of cap.

I would love this. Black is a below average LB and Wright is Talib 2.0.