Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Chad Henne gets booed by fans

Chad Henne had a lackluster showing during Monday night's scrimmage at Sun Life Stadium, and many of the 10,109 fans in attendance let him know it. Henne was booed a couple of times following poor throws. But after rookie OLB Jonathan Freeny deflected a pass intended for an open Anthony Fasano the fans booed louder, then chanted "We Want [Kyle] Orton," referring to the Denver quarterback the Dolphins tried to trade for.

Source: Sun-Sentinel.com

Can't say I blame the fans. Henne was awful last year and Orton would be such a huge upgrade. I don't know why they backed out on trading for him.

Why boo your own player in a pre-season practice?, the coaches already know he's not good enough so all it's doing is creating a negative atmosphere around the team. If i was a dolphins fan I'd be unhappy with Henne too but since you're not going to get a replacement in they should get behind him and hope he has a more productive season in his 3rd year as a starter.(edited) :bag:

Edited by FlyingKIMBOB21

If i was a dolphins fan I'd be unhappy with Henne too but since you're not going to get a replacement in they should get behind him and hope he has a more productive season in his 2nd year.

It's actually his fourth season in the NFL this season, and will be his third as a starter... Though I agree that it's a bit ridiculous for fans to boo their own team's players during training camp, I can't help but think that if I were a Dolphins fan I'd be pretty damn upset that they haven't made any moves this offseason at upgrading the quarterback position.

They currently have...

Chad Henne

Matt Moore

Tom Brandstater

Pat Devlin

Miami definitely has one of, if not the weakest quarterback corp. in the entire NFL.

Fans make me really mad sonetimes.. The two Vince Young incidents(08 and 10) were both created by fans being douches and booing their own player. If it wasnt for the fans we wouldnt have had spend a top 10 draft pick on a qb.

It's actually his fourth season in the NFL this season, and will be his third as a starter... Though I agree that it's a bit ridiculous for fans to boo their own team's players during training camp, I can't help but think that if I were a Dolphins fan I'd be pretty damn upset that they haven't made any moves this offseason at upgrading the quarterback position.

They currently have...

Chad Henne

Matt Moore

Tom Brandstater

Pat Devlin

Miami definitely has one of, if not the weakest quarterback corp. in the entire NFL.

Yes, but in Henne's defense, he didn't become a full time starter until the season before last. The whole problem is he got put in earlier than Miami's time table called for. Although I'm aware that there's the ideal plan and the one that usually goes down. I think Beck suffered from a similar situation. The bigger problem for me is exactly what you touched on with the classless nature of the fans. It isn't going to encourage him to play better. If he's already under the impression that the fans expect him to fail, the chance is that much greater that he will. He's our starter unless we can cut something with Orton (not sure how much the Bush and Taylor moves cost us), and because of that it's time to get behind him 100%. I think people got so used to winning with Marino that this last decade has just been piling on the frustration with the inability to find a good QB. It isn't like management hasn't had their chances....Brees would have been the turning point. But you can never know for sure I guess.