Sign in to follow this  
bearsrule

Defense line

The Detroit lines defensive line is getting all the hype for being the best one. but aside from Suh i dont see another dominant pass rusher. van den bosch is old and on the downfall and fairley already injured his foot amd might be a one year wonder. also that williams they have is old and overrated. and the lions don't have much depth.

i think that the bears should get a little more credit for being one of the best d-lines in the nfl. people might say peppers had a sown year in terms of sacks but he did a lot more. he was a huge disruptive force and did so much u cant compare in stats. also he got our defense back to life(with briggs and urlacher). Also we have a very underrated dt in anthony adams and he is a good space eater and run stuffer. israel idonije did good last year and the depth and rotation of Vernon Gholston, Amobi Okoye, stephen paea, wooten and more with the depth will be great.

THE BEARS WILL HAVE A GREAT D_LINE THIS YEAR AND THE LIONS D-LINE WILL BE OVERATED EXCEPT SUH.

POST COMMENTS :rolleyes::biggrin::p:)

I'm just posting for a piece of advice, if you keep posting like this, you're going to meet everyone's good friend, the ban hammer, very, very fast.

I'd love to hear why you think Fairley is going to be a one-year-wonder. Because he got hurt? So I guess Mike Vick, and Peyton Manning are going to be one-year wonders, because they got hurt, right?

There's not a chance that the Bears line is going to be better than the Lions. You guys have Canadian Isreal Idonije as you're starting defensive end, along with Peppers, who I truly believe are the two biggest threats on that defensive line.

The Lions on the other hand, have Suh, a complete animal, who's only in his sophomore season, and was tenth in tackles last season as a rookie. They have Cliff Avril, and Lawrence Jackson at defensive end, both of which had more tackles than any Chicago Bear, minus Julius Peppers and Israel Idonije last season. Nick Fairley, once he gets healthy will be a very, very good defensive tackle, and I expect Vanden Bosch to be just as good as he's been in the past.

InbeforetheSUHIZOVERRATEDZ

The Chiacgo Bears might have a the better starting unit because Peppers, there best player played better then Suh, our best player last year... but it wasn't by much.

Outside of that, Cliff Avril is just as good as any pass rusher as anyone on the Bear's outside of Peppers. The only thing Idonije has over Avril is effectiveness in the running game.

IDC how "underrated" Adams is, he isn't better then Corey Williams. Corey Williams was the only real reason why our running game was competent last year. He is the most explosive lineman off the snap in probably all of the NFC North outside of Peppers.

Sammie Lee Hill behind him has shown more positive and consistency in his two years when he's been on the field then Akoye, and he has definitely played better then Gohlston.

As far as talent goes, which is really the only thing you can base Paea and Fairley off of, Fairley wins. And it really isn't even close.

The Lions' depth on the line is the reason why our line is so good. Even if you take out Corey Williams, Hill comes in and he's shown that he can be a more then decent replacement. With LoJack, Avril, Fairley, Young, Williams and Suh, the Lions have the depth and the versatility to play them on many different fronts and formations, formations that no other team in the north can line up in.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

In some cases he is right though, it was once again the defence and acquisition of Peppers that helped rejuvenate that D. Add to the fact they have players like Paea and Okoye who have great potential at DT they have a shot at being close to the Lions on the D-Line. An seeing as I hate the Bears massively is odd hearing me say this lol.

Though the Lions have Williams who is a good rotational DT with Fairley, these two doing this it will help Fairley's transition into the pros. Cliff Avril is also the most underrated DE in the NFL, he has improved on his stats year after year and is the type of team player you want as he goes out and makes plays along side Suh.

In some cases he is right though, it was once again the defence and acquisition of Peppers that helped rejuvenate that D. Add to the fact they have players like Paea and Okoye who have great potential at DT they have a shot at being close to the Lions on the D-Line. An seeing as I hate the Bears massively is odd hearing me say this lol.

Though the Lions have Williams who is a good rotational DT with Fairley, these two doing this it will help Fairley's transition into the pros. Cliff Avril is also the most underrated DE in the NFL, he has improved on his stats year after year and is the type of team player you want as he goes out and makes plays along side Suh.

Fairly won't play the same position as Williams. Unless if it's some special formation.

Our base defense in the 4-3 will consist of Avril, Suh, Williams, KVB.

Lee Hill will rotate at nose in our base.

But the Lions are barely ever in a base 4-3, so Failrey will play all over the line... Along with Suh.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I'm just posting for a piece of advice, if you keep posting like this, you're going to meet everyone's good friend, the ban hammer, very, very fast.

He can't be banned for this, he's just stating his opinion. People get banned because their posts intentionally piss people off, i.e. Wacko4Flacco...

He can't be banned for this, he's just stating his opinion. People get banned because their posts intentionally piss people off, i.e. Wacko4Flacco...

To be a hundred percent honest, he's the first guy that came to my mind when I read this post...

I'd love to hear why you think Fairley is going to be a one-year-wonder. Because he got hurt? So I guess Mike Vick, and Peyton Manning are going to be one-year wonders, because they got hurt, right?

There's not a chance that the Bears line is going to be better than the Lions. You guys have Canadian Isreal Idonije as you're starting defensive end, along with Peppers, who I truly believe are the two biggest threats on that defensive line.

The Lions on the other hand, have Suh, a complete animal, who's only in his sophomore season, and was tenth in tackles last season as a rookie. They have Cliff Avril, and Lawrence Jackson at defensive end, both of which had more tackles than any Chicago Bear, minus Julius Peppers and Israel Idonije last season. Nick Fairley, once he gets healthy will be a very, very good defensive tackle, and I expect Vanden Bosch to be just as good as he's been in the past.

Anthony Adams had more tackle than Corey Williams, Cliff Avril, and the same amount of tackles as KVB and as Lawerence Jackson. So no our two biggest threats are just not our ends at all. just sayin. KVB only had 4 sacks on a line that was a lot better than the titans when he played with them and hit 12 sacks twice in three years. While I do agree with Dmac that the lions have excellent depth that is still a pretty bold statement to make seeing as how we had made upgrades on our line and drafted Stephen Pea who I expect to be a monster playing with Peppers and Indoije and not to mention the very underrated Adams playing the other DT spot.

Anthony Adams had more tackle than Corey Williams, Cliff Avril, and the same amount of tackles as KVB and as Lawerence Jackson. So no our two biggest threats are just not our ends at all. just sayin. KVB only had 4 sacks on a line that was a lot better than the titans when he played with them and hit 12 sacks twice in three years. While I do agree with Dmac that the lions have excellent depth that is still a pretty bold statement to make seeing as how we had made upgrades on our line and drafted Stephen Pea who I expect to be a monster playing with Peppers and Indoije and not to mention the very underrated Adams playing the other DT spot.

yea, I think a lot of what makes our line so good is the depth that we have. The fact that we can plug guys in and the production won't dip. When KVB went down everyone thought we were going to be without one of our DE, LoJack came in and was more then enough. Same goes with whenever Corey Williams is subbed out for Hill, there is almost no dip in performance either.

If you wanna argue about talent, I think we are up there since adding another huge talent guy in Fairley, but really on paper, the thing that makes our line so good is not necessarily the talent as it is just the depth.

But we can argue all day about which line has more talent, and depth, etc... All of it is just talk imo until our line goes out this season and backs it up.

To be a hundred percent honest, he's the first guy that came to my mind when I read this post...

Actually it's a legitamate post and in all honesty it is better than anything I have ever seen you post.

Avril is a huge victim of not being a star because of just looking at his stats. He gets to the QB at will, comes up just a split second short of the sack. Obviously all the top pass rushers in the league gets the sack, but Avril does ALOT more. He forced atleast 3 interceptions last year, causes fumbles, just the overall pressure he makes gives the defense a huge lift.

Looking at the stats, sure, the Bears defensive line is probably better. Cliff Avril is a great defensiv end. He gets to the quarterback nearly at will, and seems to always come up a little late to get the sack. Sure, all the top pass rushers in the league will get the sacks when they get pressure on the quarterback, but Avril isn't just a threat in the pass rush aspect. He forced 3 or 4 interceptions last year, he gets to the ball not just the player (Causes fumbles). He gives the entire line a lift.

Count that in with the veteran leadership presence of KVB, and the two starting DE are scary. Obviously KVB has lost somewhat of his explosiveness on the line, but that's natural with age. Ndamukong Suh is obviously a no-brainer beast. Fairley will be an extremely effect DT in this league. Expect him to be great when he's healthy. And Lawrence Jackson puts up too.

Jackson played in only 11 games last season, and ended the year with 6 sacks. That's pretty solid for a rotational guy.

Actually it's a legitamate post and in all honesty it is better than anything I have ever seen you post.

A little harsh don't ya think...? lol...

thanks for getting my back

Maybe but I'm being honest imo. Bears D line is underrated and I think that players like Peppers teaching Paea is going to be nothing but goodness for him Paea will beast

Edited by Arz

I don't know. It comes from the kid that made a thread asking sean how to beat a drug test.

The Detroit lines defensive line is getting all the hype for being the best one. but aside from Suh i dont see another dominant pass rusher. van den bosch is old and on the downfall and fairley already injured his foot amd might be a one year wonder. also that williams they have is old and overrated. and the lions don't have much depth.

i think that the bears should get a little more credit for being one of the best d-lines in the nfl. people might say peppers had a sown year in terms of sacks but he did a lot more. he was a huge disruptive force and did so much u cant compare in stats. also he got our defense back to life(with briggs and urlacher). Also we have a very underrated dt in anthony adams and he is a good space eater and run stuffer. israel idonije did good last year and the depth and rotation of Vernon Gholston, Amobi Okoye, stephen paea, wooten and more with the depth will be great.

THE BEARS WILL HAVE A GREAT D_LINE THIS YEAR AND THE LIONS D-LINE WILL BE OVERATED EXCEPT SUH.

POST COMMENTS :rolleyes::biggrin::p:)

Use capital letters at the beginning of sentences, please.

Also, clean up your posts or nobody will take them seriously. C'mon, man. Reading a discussion post shouldn't be akin to digging through a trash can for the scraps of food.

One last thing. IT'S A DEFENSIVE LINE. Defense line. Wow. If you're from a different country where English isn't your #1 language, please inform us. In that case, we'll all understand and try to help you get accustomed to the way our language works. If it isn't the case, just proofread your posts.

At least you posted an argument. That's a start. Welcome to the boards.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Suh is so overrated... And dirty.

We need to start respecting other players on the Lions defense, he isn't the only one.... Yet, he's the only one that gets talked about (positively, anyway).

Bears have been a very up and down team under Lovie... And they are coming off an NFC CG appearance.... I expect a downward trend to begin.

That may be true but only the way he writes his posts is similar. Wacko4Flacco, if I remember right, wrote a huge post about why we would never have another football season again..

Needless to say, it was the last post he ever made on this website lol.

thanks for getting my back

No problem I just don't like to see new members sign up and then be intimidated right away and leave. Kind of takes the fun out of seeing new fans around here.

Edited by gobadgers77

LOL @ Arz talking shit about my posts when he's the one and only member in the Hall of Fail.

Looking the the Detroit D-Line, they're pretty much set for a solid ten years if they keep Suh and Fairley together. Seriously, those two guys pretty much could anchor their entire defense for a long, long time.

Right now, it's really close, and I'd still give the upper-edge to the Lions. But in the future, dear lord.

Edited by әightninә.

Also, clean up your posts or nobody will take them seriously. C'mon, man. Reading a discussion post shouldn't be akin to digging through a trash can for the scraps of food.

One last thing. IT'S A DEFENSIVE LINE. Defense line. Wow. If you're from a different country where English isn't your #1 language, please inform us. In that case, we'll all understand and try to help you get accustomed to the way our language works. If it isn't the case, just proofread your posts.

what do u mean by clean up your posts or nobody will take them seriously. C'mon, man. Reading a discussion post shouldn't be akin to digging through a trash can for the scraps of food?

I wont make spelling mistakes. thanks bro

I think this is taking it to an extreme. His post was completely comprehendible as is. Its not like its drivel. Its also not a huge block of text with no paragraph breaks, which I think makes it difficult to read. Nobody here uses perfect grammar all the time (well, maybe Chia). No need to kill him as soon as he joins.