Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Has Ron Paul Become Electable?

Look behind you Mitt Romney – has Ron Paul suddenly become electable?

That’s a conclusion one might draw from a new Gallup poll that pits Republican presidential candidates against President Obama in head-to-head matchups.

The GOP establishment’s view of Representative Paul, an anti-foreign-intervention pro-gold-standard libertarian, is that he’s a sideshow, and not an amusing one. He is dismissed as someone with a committed core of supporters but little appeal to Republican voters as a whole or the country at large.

Yet in the Gallup survey, among registered voters Paul trails Mr. Obama by only two points – 45 percent to 47 percent. That’s within the poll’s margin of error.

Wow! Is Jon Stewart that powerful? He complained recently that Paul was getting ignored by the media, if you remember. Paul coverage has since surged. OK, maybe it has just ebbed upwards a bit. But still, the mind boggles. Imagine what President Paul’s cabinet meetings would be like – you’d have a peacenik Secretary of Defense arguing with a conservative Secretary of the Treasury about whether the US should withdraw from the war on drugs.

There is that bit about Dr. Paul

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2011/0823/Has-Ron-Paul-become-electable

And the recent Gallup Poll they are referencing

http://www.gallup.com/poll/149114/Obama-Close-Race-Against-Romney-Perry-Bachmann-Paul.aspx

Ya, Paul isn't #1... But the fact that he is that close to other GOP contenders and that close to the President is very encouraging.

Who? Ron Paul is just some made up superhero, sent here to save the day from bad politics. You can't fool me with your lies JD. Ron Paul doesn't exist.

Who? Ron Paul is just some made up superhero, sent here to save the day from bad politics. You can't fool me with your lies JD. Ron Paul doesn't exist.

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in Germany.

And for the sake of this world I seriously hope Ron Paul is electable...

Well he sure is getting a lot more support than he did in 2008, including from me. I supported Romney in 2008.

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in Germany.

And for the sake of this world I seriously hope Ron Paul is electable...

Speaking of Chuck Norris, at my wifes family reunion her cousin Merrill complained about his back hurting, but we recently found out it was because he was sparring with Chuck Norris with some other Osmond's and accidentally got a round house kick to the back. True story.

I'll also be voting for Ron but I'm sure it won't count. There's no way the Republicans allow him to have a shot at the Presidency.

I'll vote for him, and hope it counts.