24. Donovan McNabb

25. Kevin Kolb

26. Chad Henne

27. John Beck

28. Matt Cassel

29. Cam Newton

30. Andy Dalton

31. Alex Smith

32. Tavaris Jackson (Whitehurst and Portis are probably John Beck level)

1) Tom Brady

2) Aaron Rodgers

3) Phillip Rivers

4) Big Ben

5) Peyton Manning

6) Drew Brees

7) Matt Schuab

8) Joe Flacco

9) Matt Ryan

10) Josh Freeman

I would put Romo on but he only played a couple of games.

You're acting like Michael Turner isn't half as good as Ray Rice and that's false. Michael Turner is a top 10, if not top 7 RB and if they used him as a dump off guy like Rice, Ryan would have the exact same check down.

Flacco is better than Matt Ryan right now, by they way. Matt Ryan has blown two great chances at playoff wins.

Turner can't catch out of the backfield, they've tried it with him. And you said IF then Ryan would have the same check down. But they DONT so he doesn't. He spreads the ball around more. I'm not putting the Greenbay playoff game on Matt Ryan. I'll give you the interception, but I'll still say not much he could do with 3 receivers in the same spot, but I won't give you the game when Greenbay outplayed every aspect of the Falcons.

Kind of stupid to argue about something just because you guys know it will piss me off.

• Downvote 2

Turner can't catch out of the backfield, they've tried it with him. And you said IF then Ryan would have the same check down. But they DONT so he doesn't. He spreads the ball around more. I'm not putting the Greenbay playoff game on Matt Ryan. I'll give you the interception, but I'll still say not much he could do with 3 receivers in the same spot, but I won't give you the game when Greenbay outplayed every aspect of the Falcons.

Kind of stupid to argue about something just because you guys know it will piss me off.

I didn't "argue" with you about something to piss you off. I argued with you about something because you were being completely contradictory.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not whining. I'm being totally blown away by the amount of people that fail to watch football, and would rather look at stat lines on websites. It's horrible. Just like the wide receiver thread, ignore route running skills, catching, all the great plays receivers make, and look at stats just because one guy has a better QB or a better offensive line on the team and the ball gets to them.

People need worry less about stats (Even though at the end of the day, the NFL is about stats) and more about skills when looking at top 10 lists.

To say Matt Ryan makes more mistakes in pivotal moments when he has twice as many career game winning drives, and almost 3 times as many game winning drives within 4 minutes in the last 2 years, that's crazy. I could be saying this as a homer, but I don't feel I am.

And you can't argue a point with "Well if they used Turner the way they used Rice, Ryan and Flacco would be the same!" Yeah, well if Reggie Bush was as durable and ran like Adrian Peterson, they would be the same too! Haaarrrr.

In other words, it's not that people argue with my opinions, that happens quite a bit at another message board I'm a part of (Except it never turns to this), it's the way the opinions are argued. You can't use one play, or one game and judge an entire career of a player. That's just plain stupid if you ask me. Matt Ryan made a bad throw, yes. Matt Ryan cost the game? No, not really. Did he change it? Sure. Does that make Joe Flacco better than him without a doubt? No. To continue on that a little, other than the Steelers, I don't feel like Flacco goes up against too many tough defenses. He gets Cincinattis soft defense, and the NCAA Browns defense twice each. .

And to call someone a "noob" because one has less posts than another? That's kind of pathetic. More posts just means a couple things, either you joined earlier than me, or you have less going on in your life that allows you to be posting more often. For me, the only reason I've been posting is because I'm trying to take care of my daughter, and I happen to be home a lot more than I used to be ;) My apologies for not having over 2000 posts!

Edited by Chris D

No. Who the hell calls someone a noob over posts? People are calling you noob because you have officially come off as the biggest homer in two threads now - comparing Matt Ryan to Peyton Manning, and then posting Matt Ryan as 7th and then saying this.

Joe Flacco - He's a lot like Matt Ryan, except he tends to make bad decisions when it counts. He's got a mean deep ball, but I have yet to see him pick apart a defense.

I'm sorry what? That just makes the assumption that Matt Ryan is infallible and never makes bad decisions. Not even going to bother with the second part of that statement.

And then to use game-winning drives as your resort for composure "when it counts." Ever considered the Falcons were losing more often in the fourth quarter than the Ravens and therefore had more chances? Like AM said, Ryan has 13 and Flacco has 8. Not a stable foundation for making such a statement.

Twice now you've made claims that people don't watch football and just "look at the stat-lines on websites." I'm pretty sure almost everybody on this site watches football and formulates arguments/topics over it. When you go around making accusations like that, people are gonna raise eyebrows and think to themselves if what they are reading is written by either a troll, a life noob, or someone just plain ignorant. For future reference, keep in mind, when you post something that will provoke a reaction, expect an argument.

Oh yeah, and saying you're not whining, then continuing to whine, IS actually whining.

I'm being totally blown away by the amount of people that fail to watch football, and would rather look at stat lines on websites. It's horrible.

Read the second one 5 times and tell me that's not whining. Keep this up, and you will be told to take your periods to another football forum.

• Upvote 1

I'm not whining. I'm being totally blown away by the amount of people that fail to watch football, and would rather look at stat lines on websites. It's horrible. Just like the wide receiver thread, ignore route running skills, catching, all the great plays receivers make, and look at stats just because one guy has a better QB or a better offensive line on the team and the ball gets to them.

People need worry less about stats (Even though at the end of the day, the NFL is about stats) and more about skills when looking at top 10 lists.

Stat lines? Outside of game winning drives, tell me what stats I used. I'll be waiting. Yeah, that's right, that was the ONLY stat I used. Now you're trying to put words in to my mouth? Yeah, not very smart.

To say Matt Ryan makes more mistakes in pivotal moments when he has twice as many career game winning drives, and almost 3 times as many game winning drives within 4 minutes in the last 2 years, that's crazy. I could be saying this as a homer, but I don't feel I am.

Yet again, you're putting words in to my mouth. I'm much appreciate it if you stopped. I never said Matt Ryan made more mistakes. I just said that if you're going to use the "failing in clutch moments" against Joe Flacco, you need to use it for Matt Ryan, too. I never brought up the number of times, I just said that Ryan has had his failures in clutch moments. Never said more, less, even, or any of that.

In other words, it's not that people argue with my opinions, that happens quite a bit at another message board I'm a part of (Except it never turns to this), it's the way the opinions are argued. You can't use one play, or one game and judge an entire career of a player. That's just plain stupid if you ask me. Matt Ryan made a bad throw, yes. Matt Ryan cost the game? No, not really. Did he change it? Sure. Does that make Joe Flacco better than him without a doubt? No. To continue on that a little, other than the Steelers, I don't feel like Flacco goes up against too many tough defenses. He gets Cincinattis soft defense, and the NCAA Browns defense twice each. .

You're using just a couple of plays to say Joe Flacco is worse than Matt Ryan..not me. However, clutch moments usually boil down to one play if they "failed" the clutch moment, for example, Ryan throwing the pick 6. Yes, Matt Ryan cost the Falcons the game. That pick 6 killed any chance they had of winning it. If it wasn't obvious listening to the crowd, or watching the Falcons play, on defense and offense in the 2nd half, it never will be.

And defenses? While the Bengals and Browns haven't been the greatest over the past 3 years, the Browns have managed a top 16 finish in pass defense 2/3 years and the Bengals 3/3 years. And we all know how good the Steelers are. He's not playing cupcakes.

And to call someone a "noob" because one has less posts than another? That's kind of pathetic. More posts just means a couple things, either you joined earlier than me, or you have less going on in your life that allows you to be posting more often. For me, the only reason I've been posting is because I'm trying to take care of my daughter, and I happen to be home a lot more than I used to be ;) My apologies for not having over 2000 posts!

I never called you a noob, so that's obviously not directed at me.

And to make something clear, I don't think your list is stupid, I don't think having Matt Ryan in the top 10 is stupid. That's just opinion. However, what I find so contradicting was the whole "fail in key moments" for Flacco after Ryan cost his team a playoff game just this past year.

No. Who the hell calls someone a noob over posts? People are calling you noob because you have officially come off as the biggest homer in two threads now - comparing Matt Ryan to Peyton Manning, and then posting Matt Ryan as 7th and then saying this.

I'm sorry what? That just makes the assumption that Matt Ryan is infallible and never makes bad decisions. Not even going to bother with the second part of that statement.

And then to use game-winning drives as your resort for composure "when it counts." Ever considered the Falcons were losing more often in the fourth quarter than the Ravens and therefore had more chances? Like AM said, Ryan has 13 and Flacco has 8. Not a stable foundation for making such a statement.

Twice now you've made claims that people don't watch football and just "look at the stat-lines on websites." I'm pretty sure almost everybody on this site watches football and formulates arguments/topics over it. When you go around making accusations like that, people are gonna raise eyebrows and think to themselves if what they are reading is written by either a troll, a life noob, or someone just plain ignorant. For future reference, keep in mind, when you post something that will provoke a reaction, expect an argument.

Oh yeah, and saying you're not whining, then continuing to whine, IS actually whining.

Periods? Oh geez :rofl: I can hardly even get upset over a stupid internet forum. You're all being simply silly in this thread. "Noob getting annoying waah" Sorry for trying to support my point.

And the thread with Matt Ryan vs Peyton Manning, no offense, but actually read posts before you post your opinion on them. If you read the thread, you would CLEARLY see that it was an article I posted, and I commented on it. It had nothing to do with me comparing him to Manning. I said, he could maybe be the next guy to take the torch. Saying Ryan is as good as Peyton Manning would be moronic.

Read the second one 5 times and tell me that's not whining. Keep this up, and you will be told to take your periods to another football forum.

Someone posting a reply to another and explaining themselves isn't whining. And to call someone a life noob? Dude, seriously? Grow up a little :thumbup: Maybe you should save that comment for people you actually KNOW ;) Considering you don't know me at all, you know what, my opinions on football? Shoot man, you seem ignorant to me. Maybe you should realize that people are totally different if you actually talk to them.

We are going to war in this topic.

Well it was fine when it was just me and AirMcnair, then everyone decided to tell me how I was whining?

Nothing wrong with stating your opinion. The way you back it up is just retarded, lol.

Edited by funnygunny

This argument is kind of over for me. No matter what I do, I'll be looked at as a homer. Because I'm a Falcons fan. So there's nothing I can do there. I can say 3 things about me as a fan though. One, I'm NOT a fan of Michael Turner. Two, I ate a shit load of crow because I wanted Flacco in the draft. And three, I'll give credit where it's deserved and vice verse. So want me to go educated, instead of just trying to get on everyones nerves knowing I can by beating a dead horse? Fine, I can do that too.

Matt Ryan can't throw the ball as far as Flacco, but he has a better delivery and his decision making is much better. He has proven to be consistent and, honestly, has outplayed his statistics. He is the reason the Falcons went 13-3 last year. They didn't have an elite defense, they didn't have a plethora of weapons on offense, they didn't fluke into it. He got them there. He played as well in that offense as a quarterback can and he and Roddy White elevated that offense. He makes right read after right read and generally places the ball in the right places at the right time. He has been clutch so far in his career and he has the potential and ability to reach the next level. He very well could be in the group of elite quarterbacks in a year or two and I simply do not think Flacco can do that. Don't get me wrong... Flacco has the physical tools, but I don't think he can bring everything together. Yes, he made a pivotal interception in the playoffs. But big deal. I really do not feel it cost the Falcons the game, the defense was sub-par the entire game.

And now Flacco, He checks down far too often. When I see Matt Ryan check down, it is usually because he truly does not have a better option. All teams have to do is focus on Roddy White and he doesn't have much to work with. Tony G isn't the same as he was in Kansas City and Michael Jenkins usually drops the ball the few times he actually gets open. Flacco may lack a true 1 up until now, but he has more options. Todd Heap has always been a dependable tight end, Derrick Mason, even with age, is a dependable wide receiver and last year he had Anquan Boldin, who has proven he can still get it done. Housh was nowhere near where he was in Cincy, but he was still a decent 3rd/4th option, critical drops and all. It seems like Flacco has gotten too comfortable with just dumping it off to Ray Rice. There's a reason a runningback is that high up on a team for receptions and it is either A) The QB is checking down too much for him B) the RB is a mandingo or C) the receiving corps is bad. Some of it is B and some of it probably is the lack of a true number one guy, but I'll put down money on it mainly being A. Not only due to common sense, but because I've witnessed it.

Flacco didn't really check it down all that much last year, and checking it down isn't all that much of an insult, Tom Brady lead the league in throwing short passes last year. The thing I don't like about Flacco is that he's slow to deliver the ball, and he stares down his first read a bit too often.

Matt Ryan had little to do with that loss...people that say he's anti-clutch are fucking morons to begin with. The sole reason we lost that game is because of that piss ass defense thats being run by damned Brian Van Gorder. None of our running backs (except for Jacquizz(rookie)) are threats in the passing game. For Matt Ryan to put up numbers like he has is incredible, and the late game winning drives that saved our defenses ass.