CribbsForTheWin

Better player question?

This is all opinion based, and I am sure there are a few stats that can back either side up, but I have a question for all of you guys.

I was reading the Browns Forum a minute ago and everyone there was saying that they would take Joe Thomas any day of the week over Jake Long. Now some of that is biased, but he may also be. I just wanna know what all you guys think here. I personally would love to have either (thank God I do) on my team.

Joe Thomas has been in the league one more year, and I think both of them are 100% in making pro-bowls, I know Thomas is.

Which leads me to the question, since both are so young, if you had to build a team around one of them, who do you choose?

To me, this is like the Andre Johnson vs. Calvin Johnson (vs. Larry Fitzgerald) debate. They're both elite players at their position who have lived up to their high draft picks, and I'd be damn thrilled to have either one of them on my team. I don't consider either one to be noticeably more skilled than the other.

I'll just take the guy who is younger. That'd be Joe Thomas, right.

I'll take Joe Thomas for the hell of it. I don't think either is better than the other though.

Joe Thomas. Both are at the top of their position and neither are better than the other, but I'll take Thomas because he has to go against AFC North defenses twice a year nothing against Jake Long though. :yep::shrug:

Joe Thomas. He completely shut down Demarcus Ware a few weeks back. Too bad the rest of the line didn't hold up

Thanks for the answers guys. I was just curios what neutral fans thought on this discussion. Like I said, I would love to have either, and I think they are both about the same, as you guys seemed to be saying. The biased in me would take Joe Thomas though.

Joe Thomas. He completely shut down Demarcus Ware a few weeks back. Too bad the rest of the line didn't hold up

If by a few weeks back, you mean last year? Browns have not played the Cowboys this year, nor do I think they do. He did a great job last week against Dwight Freeney, if that's what you meant?