Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Flaaco just isnt that good of a QB

ESPN

Joe Flacco's worst game of the season left a poor impression on a national television audience and increased questions on whether he is a good enough quarterback to lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl.

He threw a season-low 137 yards and was intercepted on the Ravens' final drive. Has Flacco regressed? Can he not handle the pass rush? Why does he lack consistency?

Ravens coach John Harbaugh didn't excuse Flacco from the blame, but he refused to put all of it on the shoulders of the four-year starter.

"That's the nature of playing the position," Harbaugh said. "You always get too much credit or too much blame. I guarantee you this week is going to be too much blame. There's no doubt about it. Everybody -- starting with me on down -- had a hand in our offensive performance. Everybody is going to have a hand in straightening this thing out. I know these guys. I know Joe Flacco. I know how we're going to bounce back from this because we've done it before."

The biggest problem for Flacco has been stringing together strong performances. Over the past four weeks, he has followed up a 300-yard passing game with a game that totaled less than 164 yards passing.

Before the Ravens' scoring drive in the fourth quarter Monday, Flacco had 47 yards passing.

Flacco knows the criticism is coming this week.

"Oh, yeah," Flacco said. "What are you going to do? It's not like I pay attention and watch all that stuff, but that's the name of the game in the NFL. It's the name of the game in football. Like John [Harbaugh] said, they look at the quarterback when things are good and things are bad. That's what happens."

The players continue to support Flacco.

"That's people on the outside," center Matt Birk said of the criticism. "Everyone here on offense knows it's everybody. We all stunk."

STAT THAT STICKS: 70.6 -- Percentage of overthrown completions by Flacco on Monday night, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Since 2008, only Kerry Collins has had a greater percentage of overthrown incompletions (minimum 15 pass attempts). Seven of Flacco's 12 overthrown passes were targeted for Anquan Boldin.

OVERHEARD: "We don't need a wake-up call. We're really not a team that needs that. It's tough for me to explain, but we have a great group of guys in there. We're going to rebound like we always do." Flacco after a reporter asked if losing to the Jaguars can have any positive effects.

WHAT'S AHEAD: Flacco and the Ravens (4-2) play host to the Arizona Cardinals (1-5), who have the 28th-ranked pass defense. They give up an average of 274 yards passing per game.

I've always considered Flaaco to be a game manager type QB and not one you could rest your entire offense on. They really need to put the ball in Ray Rices hands and headline the running game.

Edited by NaTaS

Flacco is the reason I'm never a big believer in the Ravens. Even if they put together a nice season and win the division (which I consider doubtful now that Pittsburgh is starting to get their shit together), I don't think Flacco is good enough to get it done in the playoffs. And as we all know, the days of Trent Dilfer-esque quarterbacks winning Super Bowls are long gone.

I actually think he'd be fine if Cam Cameron would open up the offense, but he doesn't. Cameron also refuses to make in game adjustments so when a defense is stopping what the Ravens are doing, it's going to be like that all damn game. Cam Cameron is the problem in Baltimore. Not Joe Flacco. Everybody was all over Matt Ryan's sack the first two years he and Flacco came into the league, but after year three and into year four, people are starting to realize that Flacco is the better of the two.

I do not doubt Joe Flacco. I doubt Cam Cameron. Guy's a moron.

I actually think he'd be fine if Cam Cameron would open up the offense, but he doesn't. Cameron also refuses to make in game adjustments so when a defense is stopping what the Ravens are doing, it's going to be like that all damn game. Cam Cameron is the problem in Baltimore. Not Joe Flacco. Everybody was all over Matt Ryan's sack the first two years he and Flacco came into the league, but after year three and into year four, people are starting to realize that Flacco is the better of the two.

What does Cam Cameron have to do with Flacco overthrowing his receivers? What does Cam have to do with Flacco zoning in on one receiver? It's all about execution on the field and Joey F just isnt doing it. He is an average QB at best.

• Upvote 1

Really? You think most people think Flacco is the better QB? I would completely disagree, it seems to be the other way around in my experience. And I'd agree- I think Matty Ice is significantly better than Flacco.

Fuck Flacco AND Cam Cameron. Flacco can have great games for 3 weeks straight, throw for 300 yards no INTs 4TDs... Then for the rest of the season he is shit! And if you dare think Cam Cameron has NOTHING or VERY LITTLE to do with that offense as a whole sucking then you're a god damn fool. Cam Cameron DOES hold Flacco back, that being said does that mean Flacco will be better without him? Of course not. But what do you see good QBs with good offenses do week in and week out? AUDIBLE, make adjustments, be who they are not what they're not. It sickens me to see the Ravens run Ray Rice like 8 times... They are not an explosive passing offense, they are AFC North ground and pound! Set up the big passing attack with running the ball! Cam Cameron's in game adjustments are fucking retarded, his schemes are stubborn and over complicated for noooo reason.

Look @ the Jags game on Monday! When the Ravens where in a hurry up offense Joe Flacco was glaring @ the sideline towards Cam Cameron!!! Curtis Painter doesnt even do that shit. The fuck is that!? It's not Haurbaugh's fault, its not the DC's fault and it's not the defenses fault because lord knows that defense kicks ass. Joe Flacco & Cam Cameron need to get the fuck out!!!

As a diehard Ravens fan it is sickening and frustrating watching this team fail season after season with a good defense because of the offense. (last year Housmenzadeh dropped the ball, that's on him not Flacco). Just get them both out of there and move on, please! Draft Matt Barkley or something and hire anyone that's not named Cam Cameron as OC.....

Edited by Irishcoffee
  • Upvote 1

Fuck Flacco AND Cam Cameron. Flacco can have great games for 3 weeks straight, throw for 300 yards no INTs 4TDs... Then for the rest of the season he is shit! And if you dare think Cam Cameron has NOTHING or VERY LITTLE to do with that offense as a whole sucking then you're a god damn fool. Cam Cameron DOES hold Flacco back, that being said does that mean Flacco will be better without him? Of course not. But what do you see good QBs with good offenses do week in and week out? AUDIBLE, make adjustments, be who they are not what they're not. It sickens me to see the Ravens run Ray Rice like 8 times... They are not an explosive passing offense, they are AFC North ground and pound! Set up the big passing attack with running the ball! Cam Cameron's in game adjustments are fucking retarded, his schemes are stubborn and over complicated for noooo reason.

Look @ the Jags game on Monday! When the Ravens where in a hurry up offense Joe Flacco was glaring @ the sideline towards Cam Cameron!!! Curtis Painter doesnt even do that shit. The fuck is that!? It's not Haurbaugh's fault, its not the DC's fault and it's not the defenses fault because lord knows that defense kicks ass. Joe Flacco & Cam Cameron need to get the fuck out!!!

As a diehard Ravens fan it is sickening and frustrating watching this team fail season after season with a good defense because of the offense. (last year Housmenzadeh dropped the ball, that's on him not Flacco). Just get them both out of there and move on, please! Draft Matt Barkley or something and hire anyone that's not named Cam Cameron as OC.....

Well, they ain't giving up on Flacco. You'll have to be content with Cameron seeing the door.

I will legitimately say that into the draft, I wanted the Falcons to take Flacco. Up until the mid-point of last year I thought Flacco was the better guy. Then he started blowing games big time, and over throwing receivers. I'm starting to watch more and more Ravens games, only to see that Flacco is benefiting so much from Ray Rice and the coaches calling deep plays quite often. Flacco is an awesome quarterback, but if I had to pick between the two, I would still take Ryan. Maybe Ryan makes mistakes, but not quite the extent of Flacco. When Ryan needs to buckle down, he does. I think he gets too much flack for the playoff game against Greenbay. Flacco came up much more lame in quite a few games, yet no one ever criticized the guy for it.

Like I've said before, when I see the Ravens I see a 6-0 team with a 4-2 record.

Edited by Chris D
  • Upvote 1

Let's stop arguing about Matt Ryan VS Joe Flacco. Both are worse than the credit they have received since coming into the league. Both rely on elite level talent on their teams in order to be successful. And neither is deserving of anything more than mediocrity.

Matt Ryan is a glorified game manager. Making short quick throws only to relieve Michael Turner for a few plays. And Flacco is just.... Flacco.

Both the Falcons and Ravens went out and signed a bunch of talent at WR to help their young "elite" QBs and so far they have pretty much failed. Not completely mind you, they both have seen success in their short careers.... But I think it's painfully obvious that these guys are overrated in general.

Hopefully the public realizes that now.

Well, they ain't giving up on Flacco. You'll have to be content with Cameron seeing the door.

I'd be thrilled...

Flacco came up much more lame in quite a few games, yet no one ever criticized the guy for it.

Truth. Flacco has done worse, which is hard to imagine, but he has. However Flacco has been shit on before, and sometimes rightfully so.

Like I've said before, when I see the Ravens I see a 6-0 team with a 4-2 record.

You couldn't have said that any better. But that offense will always be the achilles heel of that team.

And truth be told I like Joe Flacco but I've had it with the offense and am just frustrated. Cameron should have been shown the door 2 seasons ago but alas... :facepalm: motherfucker is still there! The strange thing about Joe is that people ignore when Flacco is good and only notice when he's a piece of shit. When he threw for 300+ and 3TDs on Pittsburgh week 1 no one said a peep, but here comes regular Joe Flacco sucking it and here it comes. Do I blame them? Not really but fair is fair, the guy has done very well and isn't given a lick of credit but of course when he does as bad as he does then who gives a shit. :Suicide:

I'd be thrilled...

Truth. Flacco has done worse, which is hard to imagine, but he has. However Flacco has been shit on before, and sometimes rightfully so.

You couldn't have said that any better. But that offense will always be the achilles heel of that team.

And truth be told I like Joe Flacco but I've had it with the offense and am just frustrated. Cameron should have been shown the door 2 seasons ago but alas... :facepalm: motherfucker is still there! The strange thing about Joe is that people ignore when Flacco is good and only notice when he's a piece of shit. When he threw for 300+ and 3TDs on Pittsburgh week 1 no one said a peep, but here comes regular Joe Flacco sucking it and here it comes. Do I blame them? Not really but fair is fair, the guy has done very well and isn't given a lick of credit but of course when he does as bad as he does then who gives a shit. :Suicide:

I just don't get what it is with the offense. I mean, you have a stud running back, a solid offensive line, a group of pretty solid receivers (Maybe Boldin could be considered a stud? :shrug: ), and then there is Flacco. That's it, Flacco. Lol.

I just don't get what it is with the offense. I mean, you have a stud running back, a solid offensive line, a group of pretty solid receivers (Maybe Boldin could be considered a stud? :shrug: ), and then there is Flacco. That's it, Flacco. Lol.

Cam_Cameron_2011-01-24_08-44-13_web.jpg

Torrey Smith has proven to be an emerging deep threat, Boldin can grab the ball out of anywhere but look @ the Jags game... they where very well covered. Ray Rice fumbled once... so what? RUN THE BALL. Flacco couldn't do anything, the Jags had them on lock. Ray Rice is a top 5 back right now, he fumbles once and he's out for the quarter? Cam Cameron is all I need to say.

Cam_Cameron_2011-01-24_08-44-13_web.jpg

Torrey Smith has proven to be an emerging deep threat, Boldin can grab the ball out of anywhere but look @ the Jags game... they where very well covered. Ray Rice fumbled once... so what? RUN THE BALL. Flacco couldn't do anything, the Jags had them on lock. Ray Rice is a top 5 back right now, he fumbles once and he's out for the quarter? Cam Cameron is all I need to say.

Totally agree with the fact that they need to give Rice the ball. Ray Rice is to the Ravens what Matt Forte is to the Bears imo. (Well maybe not quite to the same extent, but close!)

• Upvote 1

If this is any example of how bad Joe is...check out these stats compared to Dolt McCoy...

Colt McCoy

141-252 1,377 yds 56.0 comp

8 TD 4 INT 75.4 Rating

Joe Flacco

110-211 1,415 yds 52.1 comp

8 TD 5 INT 76.2 Rating