Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I dunno... If you have to be tried to be killed, I don't know how combat would be fun at all.

I think I will go option 2

I am sure I misquoted the devs with that statement. I think what they were saying was that the combat is still frantic and enjoyable, but the game is not hinging on your skills with an assault rifle or omni-blade.

From what I understand, ME3 will give you 3 choices for gameplay:

1) A mode for people more interested in the shooter aspects, so it has much shorter cut scenes and the enemies are much tougher.

2) An RPG mode, with more focus on building your character and squad, with average combat difficulty.

3) Story mode (the one I am most excited about). In this mode, you essentially have to try to be killed. It is all about the cut scenes and moving the story forward, with just enough combat to make it fun.

Actually, according to the demo, both option 1 and 2 will have adjustable combat difficulty, so you can make it as hard or easy as you want. Option 2 is being billed as in-between ME1 and ME2 in terms of RPG aspects, option 1 is Gears of War, and option 3 is for people who don't care for combat at all, but just like the story.

The problem is, it's a zero-sum arrangement. Putting resources into splitting this up into 3 different game types, means less resources spent on other issues in the game. It's the same reason why I am still concerned with them putting MP into the game, as good as the MP was, it does take away time and money from the SP campaign.

We will see, of course, it's just this game is probably my most anticipated game ever, and I would just be very disappointed if they screw it up.

Have you played the demo, Than?

And here you go, MOTM (there's a better breakdown of various things in the link) :

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219516p1.html

Bethesda's Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for PlayStation 3 launched with notorious lag issues that affected large game files. Bethesda has struggled with the issue, both from a technical perspective and from a PR viewpoint. Now, more than three months after launch, a patch (1.04) has been released to fix the issues. Does it work?

To give this patch a test run, I played with a platinum trophy and 13mb save file in tow, and once again began journeying across Tamriel to compare its performance with my pre-patch experience. I tried several commonplace elements of the game as well as ones had specifically hung up or crashed my PS3.

Overall

Several miscellaneous factors that reduced performance before the patch have been taken care of as well. I noticed significantly better-running experiences with fighting trolls, swimming, looting, third-person play, jumping off cliffs and talking to NPCs, and all without any noticeable sacrifices being made to the world of Skyrim.

Previously, my game reached the point where it would crash my PS3 every hour or so regardless of what I was doing, and after spending several hours with the patch, I didn't encounter a single crash.

Overall, Skyrim is a much, much better game now than it has ever been on PS3. It will never run like Wipeout or Modern Warfare, but my takeaway with the 1.04 update is that this is the Skyrim that Bethesda meant to deliver over three months ago. Through my time testing the patch, I often found myself saddened that I didn't get this experience on my initial playthrough.

Any first-time players who pick up Skyrim from now on will enjoy a much better experience than those of us who bought it closer to launch and suffered through all the issues that came with it before this update, as will any early gamers willing to give Skyrim a second run. For myself and many other gamers, however, my 160 hours with my first game pre-patch were enough effort and ordeal that I can't bring myself to start fresh. Furthermore, I'll likely wait to buy any more epic Bethesda titles until I hear that the PlayStation version doesn't have significant problems.

Have you played the demo, Than?

Yes I have. Besides a few technical glitches, such as the run animations, (LOL), it was good.

The MP was really good, which was a surprise.

So, I tried to put my disk in this morning and it wouldn't read so I cleaned it off. Still didn't read. So I tried it again. Still didn't read. Then I figured out the problem: The disk isn't badly scratched. But there's two visible cracks in the discs right around the hole in the middle. I take good care of my games and this probably happened because you kind of have to force it back into the case.

So, long story short, that game was fun while it lasted.

So, I tried to put my disk in this morning and it wouldn't read so I cleaned it off. Still didn't read. So I tried it again. Still didn't read. Then I figured out the problem: The disk isn't badly scratched. But there's two visible cracks in the discs right around the hole in the middle. I take good care of my games and this probably happened because you kind of have to force it back into the case.

So, long story short, that game was fun while it lasted.

Ouch. I'd ask and see how much a replacement costs.

Also you should really get a case for all your discs.

lol, I actually have it working now but I'm anxious to see for how long.

lmao, you guys need to see my house in this game. I've been bringing followers into my house, only to kill them and since I have the Savage Strike perk I behead them some of the time. Once I've beheaded them, I pick up their severed head and place it on a bookshelf. I currently have a collection of about 7 heads and ever-growing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I haven't played this game in a while, it was so great but I'm behind enough in my schoolwork, don't need even more distractions.

lmao, you guys need to see my house in this game. I've been bringing followers into my house, only to kill them and since I have the Savage Strike perk I behead them some of the time. Once I've beheaded them, I pick up their severed head and place it on a bookshelf. I currently have a collection of about 7 heads and ever-growing.

You are a horrible person.

I think that is fucking awesome...does that make me a bad person?

You are a horrible person.

Perhaps, but my ability to do this in Skyrim makes me less likely to do it in reality.

Perhaps, but my ability to do this in Skyrim makes me less likely to do it in reality.

If you really had more of a chance to do it in real-life than if you didn't play Skyrim... you are still a horrible person.

Incoming flood of awesome screenshots alert.

This guy is simply incredible at making these.

6848399664_a9fd7e295e_b.jpg

6994543915_7af682806e_b.jpg

6990371685_22ab27690f_b.jpg

6828322214_09b35d6a0c_b.jpg

6827277196_b3e72a3aa4_b.jpg

6977463403_38fd9bd5fb_o.jpg

6990374763_06b0141c58_b.jpg

6990378315_2a938ba73f_b.jpg

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

For some really annoying fucking reason, every time I step into the water in Skyrim, the damn game freezes. EVERY FUCKING TIME. I don't even have to go under the water, just need to make contact with it and the game freezes. I am almost to the point of just washing my hands of the game for good...except that it has me so worried that if I touch water in real life, then my life might freeze, too. I haven't been able to shower in three days...

Any ideas on what I can do? I honestly think that one of the updates screwed it up big time for me, since I had never had the problem prior to the updating.

Did you dl the free DLC, the high-download texture pack? This happens to people who did that and didn't have the requisite systems reqs.

Also, you could turn off water reflection or whatever it's called in Skyrim and see if that fixes the issue.

Oh. I forgot to mention, this is on the PS3. Appreciate it, though.

Finally. It seems like it was going to be forever before any Skyrim DLC.

Edited by Duck Fallas

On the 360 first? Me gusta.

That is the only shitty part for me. Though I am sure that the PS3 version won't be too far behind.

That is the only shitty part for me. Though I am sure that the PS3 version won't be too far behind.

One month IIRC. Paying for timed exclusivity is pretty lame, IMO.

One month IIRC. Paying for timed exclusivity is pretty lame, IMO.

Only a month? That isn't bad at all.

I don't know what to race to play with... someone help lol

The Nords.

Honestly, it really doesn't matter.

The races give you a couple nice bonuses towards certain things, but you can do whatever you want regardless of race.

Are you more of a guy who likes throwing spells at people? Shooting them from long-range? Getting in their face and smashing them with a hammer?

I done several Mages before... I would like to do something else. I have never done a brutal barbarian before so I would love to try that.

On a different subject which race do you guys think has the best lore ?