BLUE

Report: Jason Taylor will retire after season

Per Rotoworld.com:

Jason Taylor will retire after this season, sources tell the Miami Herald.

Barring a change of heart, Sunday's game against the Jets will be the last in Taylor's 15-year career. It's a mild surprise considering his play has improved this season and he hasn't missed a game since 2008. Taylor's 139 1/2 career sacks are good for sixth all time, he went to the Pro Bowl six times and was named the 2006 Defensive Player of the Year. Taylor will be 38 in September. Dec 28 - 12:20 AM

Source: Miami Herald

• Upvote 1

It has been a pleasure watching Jason Taylor over the years.

Canton alert.

It'll be tough for him. If you compare him to his contemporaries like Strahan, Peppers, Ware..I just don't know how he stacks up. Was Jason Taylor ever really the best at his position? Tough to say. I'll say no. Sack numbers are starting to get inflated because of how much more passing is going on now a days. I think we're going to see a lot more guys eclipse the 100 sack mark.

He went out on a high note, too. He couldn't win a SB with NY so he made sure that they wouldn't win one without him. Well done JT.

He went out on a high note, too. He couldn't win a SB with NY so he made sure that they wouldn't win one without him. Well done JT.

:clap:

Loved it.

Got to see every minute of Mark Sanchez choking under pressure. Again.

I think the Jets are the only NFL team that I actually hate. Even worse than Tampa or NO or Atlanta. I'll root for the NFC South in the playoffs, I don't think I have ever rooted for the Jets in any game.

:clap:

Loved it.

Got to see every minute of Mark Sanchez choking under pressure. Again.

I think the Jets are the only NFL team that I actually hate. Even worse than Tampa or NO or Atlanta. I'll root for the NFC South in the playoffs, I don't think I have ever rooted for the Jets in any game.

This should be alarming to you as a fan.