BucD

The Official Buccaneers Offseason Thread

@JasonLaCanfora (Jason La Canfora):

Bengals D Coordinator Mike Zimmer will interview with the Bucs tomorrow. Rob Chudzinski was also granted permission to interview there

I wish we would make a decision already, I'm tired of talking about coaching.

I like that they are doing their due diligence, BUT taking there sweet ass time doing so...

I mean they go days without any interviews. Looks like we'll be going another week without a hire. Could be waiting until late next week. We're going to lose out on good coaches to be coordinators....

Missing out on a HC because a team moves in on him faster than we do and missing out on coaches to be coordinators...that's my biggest worry...

Carolina OC Rob Chudzinski's interview with the Bucs is set for tomorrow. Bengals DC Mike Zimmer interviewing with them today #insideslant

I think the Glazers feel like they need to take their time on this because they moved too quickly in making Raheem the HC last time.

They are smart to weigh their options and not rush anything, but I have a feel they are going to drag their feet too long in this.

@mortreport (Chris Mortensen):

Bucs seek permission to interview Packers OC Joe Philbin...more coming on @NFL32 6 ET ESPN2 #NFL32

I'm not interested in Philbin.

Instead of cutting the list down, it just keeps growing lol.

I'm just glad they're interviewing more than repeat failure retreads.

Indeed.

It looks as if they got the retreads out the way first and are now doing the employed coordinators. I like it.

Although I'm afraid they are going to drag this thing on too long and possibly miss out on some guys. HC, OC, DC etc etc.

Well...apparently they are interviewing them both tomorrow...Philbin soon after...probably Wed or Thurs.

@RoyECummings (Roy Cummingsa):

Bucs scheduled to interview both Mike Zimmer and Rob Chudzinski for HC job on TUESDAY, sources with knowledge of search tell Tampa Tribune

@BucSidelineGuy (TJ Rives):

Just heard @mortreport on #NFL32 report #Bucs will int'v Zimmer/Chudzinski & Philbin in Dallas starting 2morow. #BucsHCsearch

@AdamSchefter (Adam Schefter):

Buccaneers received permission to interview Packers QB coach Tom Clements for their head coaching vacancy later this week.

Tom Clements is a proven QB coach but I'm not a fan of hiring a positional coach to a HC position. Especially a guy who's 58 and still hasn't been able to prove himself as a coordinator. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bucs give him a shot as an OC but I doubt the Packers would agree to it.

Green Bay OC Joe Philbin will interview with Bucs this week, as will Green Bay QB coach Tom Clements. Both scheduled #insideslant

@JasonLaCanfora:

Bucs plan to end 1st round of interviews by weekend, then conduct 2nd interviews w/ finalists next week.

Per BucsNation.com:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coaching Search: First Round of Interviews to End by Weekend per Reports

by Sander on Jan 17, 2012 1:13 PM EST in News

According to Jason La Canfora, both Joe Philbin and Tom Clements have scheduled head coaching interviews with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this week. It appears that neither coach has turned down the Bucs, this time, as the Bucs continue to expand their coaching search.

Both Jason La Canfora and ESPN's Chris Mortensen report that the first round of interviews will come to an end this weekend, however, when the Bucs are expected to finalize a list of coaches they want to interview a second time. In that schedule those second-round interviews would happen next week, allowing the Bucs to sign a head right around the Senior Bowl.

The Bucs have brought in Jerry Gray, Mike Zimmer, Rob Chudzinski, Mike Sherman, Marty Schottenheimer and Brad Childress for interviews. With Joe Philbin and Tom Clements expected to come for interviews this week, the total comes to eight interviews so far. The Bucs could add even more interviews to this list before the weekend. The coaching search is certainly extensive now.

The Miami Dolphins cut the field of candidates for their head-coaching job Tuesday, leaving three men in the running, according to sources: Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and interim coach Todd Bowles.Eliminated from consideration: Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Bears special teams coach Dave Toub.

I guess we don't have to worry about the Dolphins scooping him up. But now I wonder what they didn't like about him.

Edited by Shotgun

I guess we don't have to worry about the Dolphins scooping him up. But now I wonder what they didn't like about him.

The Dolphins liked Zimmer’s rèsumè, and he and general manager Jeff Ireland have a good relationship. But one source said he might have been too blunt and honest for the Dolphins’ liking. Zimmer can be outspoken at times, including calling former Falcons coach Bobby Petrino a "gutless b--tard" for leaving the job without telling any of his assistants.

I love it!

Zimmer is still my favorite of all the candidates out there...

I've always thought Zimmer would make an excellent head coach. I really hope he gets his shot, he deserves it.

I love it!

Zimmer is still my favorite of all the candidates out there...

Guess I should have read the rest of the article. Not sure how you can dislike a guy who's too blunt but I guess Miami wants a push over. Personally I think it's just what this team needs.

Rumors going around PR making it seem like Cowher will be the new HC..... People claiming they know someone at OBP....

Could be a complete scam though. Just interesting to think about it.

It just looks like people are tossing out names as guesses. Lots of talk about Chip Kelly too. I'll stay reserved, the OP doesn't have many posts so it may just be someone trolling.

lol @ that "Mystery" thread. That dude is retarded.

But all this waiting is officially starting to irritate the hell out of me. We've got all our guys interviewed now. Philbin and Clements all finished today. It's time to narrow it down to 2 - 3 guys and bring those guys in for second interviews....if they need them...

We've interviewed EIGHT freaking people. I think we're good.

Per TampaBayTimes.com:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers talk to Green Bay Packers' Philbin, Clements for head coach job

By Rick Stroud, Times Staff Writer

In Print: Friday, January 20, 2012

TAMPA — The Packers had, arguably, the best aerial circus in the NFL this season. So it's no surprise the Bucs might want to hire one of their ringmasters.

Tampa Bay interviewed offensive coordinator Joe Philbin and quarterbacks coach Tom Clements separately in Dallas on Thursday, according to multiple reports. ESPN.com first reported Philbin's meeting.

A top priority for the Bucs is getting quarterback Josh Freeman back on track after he threw 16 touchdowns and 22 interceptions one season after 25 and six, respectively.

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is coming off one of the most prolific seasons in league history: 4,643 yards, 45 touchdowns and six interceptions.

Philbin, 50, also is one of three finalists for the Dolphins' vacancy.

Clements, 58, a former Notre Dame quarterback and Bills offensive coordinator, helped with the development of Rodgers and his backup, Matt Flynn.

It's almost certain the Bucs will head to Mobile, Ala., for Monday's start of Senior Bowl practices without a coach or staff.

Their list of known candidates stands at nine, and more could be added after this weekend's conference titles games.

ESPN.com also reported the Bucs likely will select one former coach and one coordinator as finalists and bring them back for second interviews next week.

Since firing coach Raheem Morris on Jan. 2, the Bucs have interviewed former coaches Mike Sherman, Brad Childress and Marty Schottenheimer. They also have interviewed Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray, Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski.

The Bucs also are believed to be interested in Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell.

[Last modified: Jan 20, 2012 07:17 AM]