Packers Dynasty 2010

NFL Season Awards

Surprised that there hasn't been a topic about this yet. Seeing as the awards are announced tomorrow night, who should win these awards?

Most Valuable Players: Aaron Rodgers, was the most efficient QB in the league and outplayed everyone else

Offensive Player of the Year: Rob Gronkowski, amazing performance by a TE

Defensive Player of the Year: Terrell Suggs

Coach of the Year: Jim Harbaugh, turned around a 6-10 team to a 13-3 team. Although Gary Kubiak also deserves a lot credit for what he did with the Texans

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Cam Newton, had the best season by a rookie QB and turned the Panthers into a competitive team

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Von Miller

Comeback Player of the Year: Reggie Bush, finally lived up to his potential and helped the Dolphins turn their season around in the 2nd half.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't understand how Reggie Bush would be eligible for comeback player of the year but I like the rest of the picks.

There's actually been a ton of topics about this. Doesn't matter though.

I don't understand how Reggie Bush would be eligible for comeback player of the year but I like the rest of the picks.

Ya, I suppose he would be more along the lines of most improved.

Badgers: No there hasn't been. There was your thread but that is primarily All-Pro voting and a season long thread for DPOY, that's all.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

OPOY: Rob Gronkowski

DPOY: Jared Allen (hard to give it to Suggs based on how he did on the road and in 2 postseason games)

COY: Jim Harbaugh

OROY: Andy Dalton

DROY: Aldon Smith

CPOY: Matt Stafford

lol at all the Gronkowski over Brees nonsense for OPOTY

You can ride Brees' jock all you want for breaking a passing yardage record, but Gronk was essentially an unstoppable force on the field this year. A man among boys.

MVP: Aaron Rodgers

OPOY: LeSean McCoy

DPOY: Jared Allen

COY: Jim Harbaugh

OROY: Cam Newton

DROY: Von Miller

CPOY: Matthew Stafford

Edited by Thanatos19

MVP: A-Rod

OPOY: Megatron

DPOY: Justin Smith

COY: Harbs

OROY: Cammy Cam

DROY: The Condor

CPOY: Matt Stafford

mvp. Eli Manning

opoy. Victor Cruz

dpov. jpp

coy. Tom coughlin

oroy. cam

droy. von miller

cpoy. Osi

• Downvote 4

mvp. Eli Manning

opoy. Victor Cruz

dpov. jpp

coy. Tom coughlin

oroy. cam

droy. von miller

cpoy. Osi

Are you serious?

mvp. Eli Manning

opoy. Victor Cruz

dpov. jpp

coy. Tom coughlin

oroy. cam

droy. von miller

cpoy. Osi

mj-laughing.gif

You can ride Brees' jock all you want for breaking a passing yardage record, but Gronk was essentially an unstoppable force on the field this year. A man among boys.

In my opinion his season wasn't drastically more impressive than Graham's

Graham 99 catches 1310 yards 11 TDs

Gronk 90 catches 1327 yards 17 TDs

Obviously 6 TDs is a big difference but I attribute that to the rest of the weapons Bree's has in Sproles, Colston, Meachem, Henderson etc etc. not too mention they actually run the ball significantly more than NE

Guest Phailadelphia

I'd probably pick Brees for OPOTY. He was crazy good.

In my opinion his season wasn't drastically more impressive than Graham's

Graham 99 catches 1310 yards 11 TDs

Gronk 90 catches 1327 yards 17 TDs

Obviously 6 TDs is a big difference but I attribute that to the rest of the weapons Bree's has in Sproles, Colston, Meachem, Henderson etc etc. not too mention they actually run the ball significantly more than NE

lol don't just fucking go off of stats, watch how they play the game. And in addition to Gronk's receiving abilities, he's a pretty damn good blocker, as well.

And it's not like Brady also has Welker (122 receptions, for fuck's sake), Hernandez, and Branch. Gronk isn't his only target here.

If I had to vote between Gronk and Graham it would be Gronkowski. But it isn't. I go with Brees for OPOY.

mvp. Eli Manning

opoy. Victor Cruz

dpov. jpp

coy. Tom coughlin

oroy. cam

droy. von miller

cpoy. Osi

Just a bit of a homer there, eh?

I'm honestly surprised he didn't say DROY was Prince Amukamura.

If I had to vote between Gronk and Graham it would be Gronkowski. But it isn't. I go with Brees for OPOY.

Of course I go grok over graham I'm just saying it isn't like the 2 aren't comparable. Point is no way any TE should get OPOY over Brees this year

Of course I go grok over graham I'm just saying it isn't like the 2 aren't comparable. Point is no way any TE should get OPOY over Brees this year

Why exactly?

I'm gonna agree with BJ here. Gronkowski was unquestionably the best TE in the NFL- he even had another great TE on the team with him. Brees was not at all the best at his position. Do we just give it to Brees because his numbers look great? Gronk was a better TE than Brees was a QB. Unless we just agree that the QB position is just more worthy of awards, I don't see why Brees would get it ahead of Gronk.

lol don't just fucking go off of stats, watch how they play the game. And in addition to Gronk's receiving abilities, he's a pretty damn good blocker, as well.

And it's not like Brady also has Welker (122 receptions, for fuck's sake), Hernandez, and Branch. Gronk isn't his only target here.

You mad Bro? Lol relax little man

All I said is there comparable, obv gronk is better but either way no TE deserves it over what Brees accomplished this year