Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

How good is Eli Manning?

im glad so many people like my top 5. maybe im a homer but its a subjective list. ide be burnt out if the gmen traded eli away for any of the qb's u so called experts think is better than him... fyi i dont know what trolin is it sounds like some sucker shit

• Downvote 2

It would be close but if given the choice I'm taking Ben over Eli.

Ben has far and away better regular season stats. Big Ben has completed a higher percentage of his passes for a much greater average per attempt, for just a few less TDs and fewer INT, and a passer rating that's nearly 10 points higher than Eli's. Ben has played on teams with some great defensive performances, Eli has played on a team with more offensive talent and not a shabby defense either. Ben still has the better team record. This is with Eli just a few more attempts per game also.

Weigh all the evidence and one thing becomes clear: Big Ben quickly established himself as a winner in the NFL and he's put up historic passing numbers. Eli was considered nothing more than an ordinary QB, even by his own fans, as recently as last year, and his numbers aside from this year are pretty average.

People talk about Eli's clutch factor but I think Ben has that same attribute. He just wins games especially in the playoffs.

Edited by Barracuda
  • Upvote 1

For the record, I think G-Men's list is right on the spot.

This is the response when Kurt Warner was asked if Eli Manning is a HOF QB:

:yep:

Full article here if anyone is interested: Link

Thanks Mav

I found out about the Kurt Warner comments while watching First Take this morning and i've got to say, Warner made some pretty good points. They tried to raise the question whether or not Warner was just being a sour puss because of the one year he was in NY and was benched in favor of Eli(Rookie year) and Eli just stunk it up the rest of the season, but i think Warner was being genuine. Everything he said he backed up with facts so you can't really argue. To me this is a positive thing that this is even a question. A few years ago i'm sure most people would think it would be laughable that Eli would EVER be in a HOF conversation. He's not a HOFer right now but as a Giants fan i've seen the growth over the years and I believe when he does call it a career he will be in for sure.

Thanks Mav

I found out about the Kurt Warner comments while watching First Take this morning and i've got to say, Warner made some pretty good points. They tried to raise the question whether or not Warner was just being a sour puss because of the one year he was in NY and was benched in favor of Eli(Rookie year) and Eli just stunk it up the rest of the season, but i think Warner was being genuine. Everything he said he backed up with facts so you can't really argue. To me this is a positive thing that this is even a question. A few years ago i'm sure most people would think it would be laughable that Eli would EVER be in a HOF conversation. He's not a HOFer right now but as a Giants fan i've seen the growth over the years and I believe when he does call it a career he will be in for sure.

Warner has always seemed to be a pretty straight shooter to me, and I really don't think he has any reason to be bitter about Eli, especially after the success he had in Arizona after leaving NY

Warner has always seemed to be a pretty straight shooter to me, and I really don't think he has any reason to be bitter about Eli, especially after the success he had in Arizona after leaving NY

I agree 100% but i do think Warner is taking some offense to the media. I mean just think about it, he must feel sick about the question because looking back on his own career he is a question mark for most people HOF wise and he has been ELITE and made it to 3 Super Bowls and despite only coming away with the Lombardi once he has some of the best passing performances in Super Bowl history yardage wise. Most of Eli's career we weren't even sure if he was a top 10 quarterback playing right now, and for him to go from that to HOF talk within 1 season I think Warner is just trying to put it in perspective for everybody not to be prisoners of the moment.

im glad so many people like my top 5. maybe im a homer but its a subjective list. ide be burnt out if the gmen traded eli away for any of the qb's u so called experts think is better than him... fyi i dont know what trolin is it sounds like some sucker shit

I got no problem with your opinion as long as you give a decent reason why you support it.

I got no problem with your opinion as long as you give a decent reason why you support it.

Ditto.

For example, let's take your comeback player of the year, Osi. Why do you pick Osi over Matthew Stafford, who really should have been in the pro-bowl above Cam, heck above Eli too?

Coach of the year is Tom Coughlin? Really? Over Jim Harbaugh, who took the Niners from 5-11 or 6-10, don't remember which one, to the NFCCG in his very first year?

MVP is Eli over Aaron Rodgers? Are you kidding me? Aaron had a QBR of over 120, and he might've broken the all-time record for TDs in one season if he hadn't been sitting the last game of the season.