Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Flacco: I'm the best QB in the NFL

Lesser QBs say they are the best because they need to tell themselves that because nobody else says it. The great QBs are [usually] humble because they know they are the best and because they know that everyone else knows they are the best.

Eli said he was elite, not that he was the best QB in the NFL.

And just to completely destroy your argument even further: Brady was asked about it and he said he thought Peyton Manning was the best QB in the NFL. So no, Brady wouldn't say he was the best if he was asked.

there is a big difference between what they will say behind closed doors versus what they will say to the media. I am sure that you know that.

there is a big difference between what they will say behind closed doors versus what they will say to the media. I am sure that you know that.

Yeah, the difference is common sense.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the difference is common sense.

Again I wont disagree with that either. Especially as heavily scrutinized as you were to begin with as the weak link on the team, it is only going to intensify.

I a just saying almost all great QB's feel that way, if they didnt I can only imagine that several of the great comebacks in history would not have happened.

I am not mad he feels that way and I dont think he is close to top 5, hopefully he proves me wrong. That said I think it was all leverage talk for his agent and people are running wild with something that is really a non story because it is the off season.

• Upvote 1

Yes because I am sure Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and all those cats think they are terrible. I bet you walk up to any one of them and they will say they are the best. Considering there is only one guy who is the best that means 3 are lying. That said there is a reason they are in the discussion and I am a firm believer it has to do with their attitude.

For all those mocking him Eli said he was and went out and won the SB.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that I've seen every one of those guys dodge that question or flat out call one of the other guys on that list better at some point or another. I haven't heard any one of these guys you named ever say something as arrogant as, "I'm not top five. I'm the best."

If these guys are reverent enough not to go around publicly pronouncing themselves as the NFL's best, Flacco saying it is just flat out football-blasphemy.

Flacco = Matt Cassel with a stronger arm. If Cassel said that shit there would be public outcry for the world's largest bar of soap to be shoved in his mouth and the world's largest boot to be shoved somewhere else...

In other words, Joe Flacco: :gtfo:

Finally, some fucking common sense expressed in a topic like this.

Usually everybody is like, "Good! I love the confidence!". No Joe, you're a moron for believing that.

Thanatos hit it on the head with his post.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that I've seen every one of those guys dodge that question or flat out call one of the other guys on that list better at some point or another. I haven't heard any one of these guys you named ever say something as arrogant as, "I'm not top five. I'm the best."

If these guys are reverent enough not to go around publicly pronouncing themselves as the NFL's best, Flacco saying it is just flat out football-blasphemy.

Flacco = Matt Cassel with a stronger arm. If Cassel said that shit there would be public outcry for the world's largest bar of soap to be shoved in his mouth and the world's largest boot to be shoved somewhere else...

In other words, Joe Flacco: :gtfo:

And Ronnie Lott said Ed Reed was a better safety, do you think he really feels that way ? All I am saying is what these guys say to the media is a lot different then what you would hear in person. If Favre didnt have that confidence do you think he would have been the great gunslinger he was.

Was it dumb for him to say ? Yeah. Will it only increase the magnifying glass ? Yeah. Is he even a top 5 player on his team ? No. But is it uncommon for QB's to think that, absolutely not. He got baited into a loaded question. If he says I don't know then all the haters in Baltimore are right now saying just because he does not run up in down the field like Favre he is a cold QB who is indifferent. If he says yes than you see what happens. he has already tried to deflect that question in the radio interview but that is the part that you didn't hear. You just hear what NFL.com lets you hear. The writers are looking for something to do so why not just throw Flacco under the bus because it is a top 5 past time there.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

And Ronnie Lott said Ed Reed was a better safety, do you think he really feels that way ? All I am saying is what these guys say to the media is a lot different then what you would hear in person. If Favre didnt have that confidence do you think he would have been the great gunslinger he was.

Was it dumb for him to say ? Yeah. Will it only increase the magnifying glass ? Yeah. Is he even a top 5 player on his team ? No. But is it uncommon for QB's to think that, absolutely not. He got baited into a loaded question. If he says I don't know then all the haters in Baltimore are right now saying just because he does not run up in down the field like Favre he is a cold QB who is indifferent. If he says yes than you see what happens. he has already tried to deflect that question in the radio interview but that is the part that you didn't hear. You just hear what NFL.com lets you hear. The writers are looking for something to do so why not just throw Flacco under the bus because it is a top 5 past time there.

The point is he didn't say this to some of his friends in person. He said it TO the MEDIA. That's just plain stupid. Seriously, it was the opposite of smart.

To the rest of your post, there is no magnifying glass. People don't put big steaming piles of crap under a magnifying glass. People see crap, say, "yuck. look at that crap," and walk around it.

Flacco said similar shit last season and had another "Flacco year." He told some show that he is an elite QB and blamed the Ravens' offense and scheme for his lack of stats, citing every excuse he could for his lack of production.

If Favre didn't feel this way, maybe he wouldn't have held not one but two franchises hostage while he dragged his "decision" out on national TV. He made Lebron's self-promotion possible.

The point is he didn't say this to some of his friends in person. He said it TO the MEDIA. That's just plain stupid. Seriously, it was the opposite of smart.

To the rest of your post, there is no magnifying glass. People don't put big steaming piles of crap under a magnifying glass. People see crap, say, "yuck. look at that crap," and walk around it.

Flacco said similar shit last season and had another "Flacco year." He told some show that he is an elite QB and blamed the Ravens' offense and scheme for his lack of stats, citing every excuse he could for his lack of production.

If Favre didn't feel this way, maybe he wouldn't have held not one but two franchises hostage while he dragged his "decision" out on national TV. He made Lebron's self-promotion possible.

Oh yes I will agree him saying it to the media was dumb. All I was saying is the thought process is not uncommon. He should have just done that fluff that I hate hearing form every player like, "Well there are a lot of talented QB's out there, so I dont know." you know the bullshit every slack jawed player says.

And as to the Flacco years I will agree if he does not put up this year then I am done with this flacco experiment. After 5 years you cant play the I am growing card anymore. It is his put up or shut up year if he doesnt hit 4000 and 20+ td's I am not sure what to say to the Raven faithful except back to the well we go.

And I Flacco is not shit he is average. There are QB's way better and way worse so I will say he is middle of the road. And he is constantly under the microscope because people know that team has everything else in place to win a SB he is the one who has to take us there, and that there will be no more reprieves for him.

As to him blaming the scheme that is the only HALF valid thing he can say because cam cameron is a fuckin moron.