Sign in to follow this  
Piggly Wiggly

Alabama's crystal ball shattered

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- A piece of history from the University of Alabama's championship run was shattered on Saturday afternoon following the Crimson Tide's annual A-Day scrimmage.

Alabama's $30,000 crystal BCS trophy shattered into little pieces on Saturday when a player's father tripped on a rug and knocked over the display table.

The Coaches' Trophy from this season's BCS national title was accidentally knocked off its podium and shattered by a player's father whose foot got caught on a rug that sits beneath the trophy display. The Waterford crystal trophy was on display in the Mal Moore Athletic Facility halls, home to coach Nick Saban's office and other athletic personnel.

50laugh.gif

lolAlabama

50laugh.gif

1umad.gif

ObamaMad.jpg

:troll:

Poetic justice considering they shouldn't have been the sole national champs in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Oops...

Meant to "+" you, BJGE. Lol

They didn't deserve to even play in the game, anyway.

Didn't deserve to play in the game? lol That always makes me laugh as an Alabama fan. All the other teams that "deserved" to play in the game had to do was win and they didn't. When Alabama had the chance they seized the moment and took the trophy. As far as the trophy being destroyed, I'm not worried about it. We have thirteen more. ROLL TIDE!

Didn't deserve to play in the game? lol That always makes me laugh as an Alabama fan. All the other teams that "deserved" to play in the game had to do was win and they didn't. When Alabama had the chance they seized the moment and took the trophy. As far as the trophy being destroyed, I'm not worried about it. We have thirteen more. ROLL TIDE!

It was clear SEC bias.

It's like the default position for the BCS is that if an SEC team is tied with a non-SEC team, then they automatically get the tiebreaker, even though OK State had a far harder schedule.

Hopefully these rumors about a playoff prove true and we can put this favoritism crap behind us.

...teams that "deserved" to play in the game had to do was win and they didn't.

And how does that not include Alabama against LSU during the regular season? Because of the result of the BCS title? We could have been saying the exact same thing about OK State right now. Congrats on your championship season but it does have a stain on it.

I'm sure some player...errr....booster can come up with 30k to replace it.

It's called Insurance. I'm sure you have heard of it.

And how does that not include Alabama against LSU during the regular season? Because of the result of the BCS title? We could have been saying the exact same thing about OK State right now. Congrats on your championship season but it does have a stain on it.

WRONG! Bama lost to LSU on 11/5/11. Then Okie State lost to Iowa State (a non ranked team) after 11/5/11, and Oregon lost to USC after 11/5/11, Boise State lost to TCU after 11/5/11, Stanford lost to USC after 11/5/11. That is why Bama moved back up to #2 and went to the BCS NC game. BTW, they won the game solidly, therefore, no stain.