Sign in to follow this  
әightninә.

Dunk of the Year.

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't think that's realistic.

His stats have gone up in literally every category, except blocks.

His numbers are down almost completely across the board this year.

I don't think that's realistic.

How about this? If you're 6'2 or taller, play basketball, have a basketball build (as in not a fatass), you should be able to dunk. That's quite realistic. If you're 6'2 before shoes, you're going to be at least 6'3 in shoes if not taller. That's tall as shit, so dunk the fucking basketball.

His numbers are down almost completely across the board this year.

LOL. The kid has to stop arguing. Blake Griffin is a piece of trash that can't ball unless the officials are helping him.

• Upvote 2

I may sound like a bit of a wet blanket but how is a dunk exciting? I just don't get it. Just about every single guy in the NBA can lay a dirty dunk. I can lay dunks. Growing up, going through high school etc, all you do is play around with dunks. It's FUN. But exciting? Meh. I can't say that too many dunks are different from eachother. I mean, if they are doing dunks that you would see in the dunk contest (Between the legs, around the body etc.) then I would be excited, but they don't. They can't during a game.

You want a real exciting play? How about 3-Point shot of the year? Buzzer beaters, 3-point shots on the move, or simply 3-point shots with a 7 foot man breathing down your collar. Now that's exciting!

Guest Phailadelphia

I may sound like a bit of a wet blanket but how is a dunk exciting? I just don't get it. Just about every single guy in the NBA can lay a dirty dunk. I can lay dunks. Growing up, going through high school etc, all you do is play around with dunks. It's FUN. But exciting? Meh. I can't say that too many dunks are different from eachother. I mean, if they are doing dunks that you would see in the dunk contest (Between the legs, around the body etc.) then I would be excited, but they don't. They can't during a game.

You want a real exciting play? How about 3-Point shot of the year? Buzzer beaters, 3-point shots on the move, or simply 3-point shots with a 7 foot man breathing down your collar. Now that's exciting!

Buzzer beaters, to me at least, are the most exciting plays in sports (hockey fans might have something to say about this). There's nothing like a guy knocking down a clutch jumper as time expires. That shit is magical.

Dunks are exciting on a different level. They have to come at just the right time or be posters. Those are super fun to watch.

Blake is not a "trash" player. He's an exciting player that depends on his athleticism for much of his points. With hard work, he'll become a dominant force. Once he develops a mid-range game, he'll become a better player. He has established himself as a difficult player to defend, proving to be highly effective coming off the pick and roll, attacking the basket off the dribble, or in the post.

I fucked up looking at the wrong column in the stats, but his field goal percentage has gone up to .527, which is 7th in the league. He's averaging 20.4 points per game, tied for 11th. And finally, with the shortened season, a lot of guys stats have gone down across the board, taking into consideration is they're minutes/game have stayed the same. Reigning MVP Derrick Rose's stats have dropped, even if he's only played a limited amount of time.

Just give him a chance to develop and mature, and become a better player.

Blake is not a "trash" player. He's an exciting player that depends on his athleticism for much of his points. With hard work, he'll become a dominant force. Once he develops a mid-range game, he'll become a better player. He has established himself as a difficult player to defend, proving to be highly effective coming off the pick and roll, attacking the basket off the dribble, or in the post.

I fucked up looking at the wrong column in the stats, but his field goal percentage has gone up to .527, which is 7th in the league. He's averaging 20.4 points per game, tied for 11th. And finally, with the shortened season, a lot of guys stats have gone down across the board, taking into consideration is they're minutes/game have stayed the same. Reigning MVP Derrick Rose's stats have dropped, even if he's only played a limited amount of time.

Just give him a chance to develop and mature, and become a better player.

I'm sorry, but when the 5th best Power Forward in the game (and that's pushing it) is so overrated by fans and ESPN that he starts in the All-Star Game in front of Power Forwards who are significantly better than him (Love and Aldridge), that pisses me off. He has no mid-range game, whines to the officials ALL THE FUCKING TIME and gets away with horrific offensive fouls on dunks more than any player in recent memory. I'm sick of his shit. He's babied, as DeMarcus Cousins said. I want his ass to be served a gigantic piece of humble pie, like he deserves. Marc Gasol, Speights, and Randolph are gonna trash his ass in the first round of the playoffs.

LOL at everyone still talking about how awesome Blake Griffins non-dunk was a great dunk.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh lawd... Here we go again...

Eightnine, you'd find more success arguing that Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs of all time on this site then you will Griffin having the potential to be the best PF in the league with time. The Griffin hate train has an unlimited capacity on this site.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

LOL at everyone still talking about how awesome Blake Griffins non-dunk was a great dunk.

LOL at the ignorance some of who have. It was a dunk. Whether you want to make your own definition of a dunk or not, it was a dunk.

• Upvote 1

Oh lawd... Here we go again...

Eightnine, you'd find more success arguing that Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs of all time on this site then you will Griffin having the potential to be the best PF in the league with time. The Griffin hate train has an unlimited capacity on this site.

Everybody hates little bitches.

Everybody hates little bitches.

It really doesn't matter how everyone feels about him. But if your gonna hate on a guy, at least get your facts right so you don't sound completely clueless yourself, and nothing more then a guy who bitches about a superstar getting calls. He's a superstar, and EVERY superstar gets A LOT of star treatment on there home court. At least with a lot of Griffin's dunks that may look like offensive fools, the apposing player starts the contact with Griffin and they are usually out of position to begin with, you have NO CLUE what you are talking about when you start getting into the "no one gets babied more then Griffin" territory.

And as far as the whining is concerned, once again, every superstar whines about calls. Literally. All the comments that Cousins made, he wouldn't of made if he was getting that same treatment. You guys are singling him out on something that players in this league get away with a lot more times then he does.

"Blake Griffen is a piece of trash who can't ball unless the officials are helping him" is clueless. When you say calling him a top 5 PF right is pushing it, and saying he isn't on the level of his peers, that's called being clueless.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

LOL at the ignorance some of who have. It was a dunk. Whether you want to make your own definition of a dunk or not, it was a dunk.

It wasn't even a great "dunk". He threw it through the rim with power... That's it. Boooooring.

It really doesn't matter how everyone feels about him. But if your gonna hate on a guy, at least get your facts right so you don't sound completely clueless yourself, and nothing more then a guy who bitches about a superstar getting calls. He's a superstar, and EVERY superstar gets A LOT of star treatment on there home court. At least with a lot of Griffin's dunks that may look like offensive fools, the apposing player starts the contact with Griffin and they are usually out of position to begin with, you have NO CLUE what you are talking about when you start getting into the "no one gets babied more then Griffin" territory.

And as far as the whining is concerned, once again, every superstar whines about calls. Literally. All the comments that Cousins made, he wouldn't of made if he was getting that same treatment. You guys are singling him out on something that players in this league get away with a lot more times then he does.

"Blake Griffen is a piece of trash who can't ball unless the officials are helping him" is clueless. When you say calling him a top 5 PF right is pushing it, and saying he isn't on the level of his peers, that's called being clueless.

He is NOT on Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge's level. Thinking he is the real clueless you're referring to.

Yea, im not getting into this with you again. You don't know what your talking about.

I'm afraid I do. You just disagree with me. Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge are ten times more valuable to their teams than Blake Griffin is to the Clippers.

I liked KD over hibbert. Kb gathered from FT and then slammed it over a CENTER. I know Kd is 6'10 but to gather like that and go straight up and just slam. Impressive. The Green one was ok, i seen that all the time though. Poster dunks are better. Griffin , man he over the back dunks wayyyyyyyy too much, him and Dwight get credit for throw ins more then dunks though.

I'm sorry, but when the 5th best Power Forward in the game (and that's pushing it) is so overrated by fans and ESPN that he starts in the All-Star Game in front of Power Forwards who are significantly better than him (Love and Aldridge), that pisses me off. He has no mid-range game, whines to the officials ALL THE FUCKING TIME and gets away with horrific offensive fouls on dunks more than any player in recent memory. I'm sick of his shit. He's babied, as DeMarcus Cousins said. I want his ass to be served a gigantic piece of humble pie, like he deserves. Marc Gasol, Speights, and Randolph are gonna trash his ass in the first round of the playoffs.

You're mixing up the words over-rated, and over-hyped, and taking out of consideration that the starting line-ups are a fan vote, with Griffin playing in one of the biggest basketball markets, and Love playing in Minnesota.

If you got hit as hard, and as often as Blake did, you'd whine too. Sorry, but when the Saints bounty systems carries over to the NBA, something needs to be said.

And it's funny because your one true example of an offensive foul was reviewed by the NBA, and they said they made the right call.

Marc Gasol is almost as soft as his brother, and should make a good poster.

I'm afraid I do. You just disagree with me. Kevin Love and LaMarcus Aldridge are ten times more valuable to their teams than Blake Griffin is to the Clippers.

Who does Minnesota have other than Love? Seriously. They're not a team with two guys, like Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are to the Clippers. Love is the only guy they have, which is why you can argue he is more valuable, and stats-wise, that's true.

But Blake's pick-and-roll game dominates both, Love and Aldridge, and he's a more athletic guy than both. You can't argue how much more of a presence Blake has down low as supposed to Kevin Love.