Sign in to follow this  
әightninә.

Dunk of the Year.

I still like Griffins dunk on Perk the best. Although Green's dunk is pretty damn close.

I don't count Blake's dunk on Gasol because it was an offensive foul, like a lot of his dunks.

• Upvote 1

Gerald Green's is the best. His head was over the rim, which is a much bigger accomplishment than anything Blake can do at 6'10. Blake Griffin should be able to dunk, just like anybody who's 6'2 or taller.

On the other hand, I thought Green was like 6'4. I guess he's 6'8.

Guest Phailadelphia

Here are a couple of candidates...

• Upvote 1

I don't really like Griffin's dunk on Perkins..Green's one is my personal favorite..

Guest Phailadelphia

You do know there are 32 NBA teams, right Phail? :p

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure there aren't any NBA teams outside OKC.

The one on Perkins isn't even a dunk. We went over this when it first happened in the shoutbox. He throws it in and his fingers graze the front of the rim. Not a dunk and not very cool at all.

The one on Perkins isn't even a dunk. We went over this when it first happened in the shoutbox. He throws it in and his fingers graze the front of the rim. Not a dunk and not very cool at all.

Agreed..But everyone else called/calls it a dunk just because of his fingers barely touching the rim..

Sigh..if you look up the definition of a dunk you will see that his dunk was legit. Forget about the fact that it may or may have not been an offensive foul. It was a dunk.

BTW, that dunk by Westbrook should DEFINITELY be in this discussion.

Sigh..if you look up the definition of a dunk you will see that his dunk was legit. Forget about the fact that it may or may have not been an offensive foul. It was a dunk.

BTW, that dunk by Westbrook should DEFINITELY be in this discussion.

there is no "it may or may not have." It was an offensive foul. There's no questioning that. He threw his elbow into Pau's face to keep Pau from trying to challenge the dunk. They call everybody else for that foul. Why not Blake Griffin?

Griffin won't get half as many dunks as he does now if the NBA starts to get smart on his little signature forearm shove that he does. If they start calling that, both of these dunks of his would not be baskets.

Green's is the best.

Blake Griffin is easily the most overrated player in the entire NBA. I'll take Aldridge and Love over his soft ass. I don't give a damn if you're a human highlight reel that bitches and moans like Sidney Crosby when he doesn't get his way. Basketball is much more than looking like an athletic god. Show me some all-around gamesmanship and maybe then you won't be so overrated.

• Upvote 1

there is no "it may or may not have." It was an offensive foul. There's no questioning that. He threw his elbow into Pau's face to keep Pau from trying to challenge the dunk. They call everybody else for that foul. Why not Blake Griffin?

He was talking about Griffin's dunk on Perkins,not Gasol...That's why he said ''it may or may not have.''..

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Blake Griffin is easily the most overrated player in the entire NBA. I'll take Aldridge and Love over his soft ass. I don't give a damn if you're a human highlight reel that bitches and moans like Sidney Crosby when he doesn't get his way. Basketball is much more than looking like an athletic god. Show me some all-around gamesmanship and maybe then you won't be so overrated.

+1

Nobody ruins a great dunk like Griffin complaining about the lack of a foul call afterwards.

I don't count Blake's dunk on Gasol because it was an offensive foul, like a lot of his dunks.

False. Gasol was in the restricted area, and jumped at the same time as Blake. NBA rules state any contact with a player in the motion of shot while the defender is in the restricted zone is in this area is considered a defensive foul. As well, the NBA reviewed it, because the Lakers acted like Blake killed Gasol, and they said the exact same thing I typed up there.

Gerald Green's is the best. His head was over the rim, which is a much bigger accomplishment than anything Blake can do at 6'10. Blake Griffin should be able to dunk, just like anybody who's 6'2 or taller.

So the average point guard should be able to throw it down regularly...? :facepalm:

dunk- a basketball shot in which the basketball is propelled downward into the basket.

Not cool? I'm sorry, what? A man jumping, and literally tea-bagging the living shit out of a man isn't cool? I understand it doesn't have the appeal of a James Harrison helmet-to-helmet hit, but it's still pretty cool, in my opinion.

I'd admit, Blake is not the best well-rounded player. However, he has the abilities, and worth ethic to become a great player. Blake is averaging more points, assists, and one less board/game than Dwight Howard did in his sophomore season. As well, the fouls he has been taken recently have been ridiculous. Blake has been the victim of more Flagrant 2s than anybody else this season. Once he develops a jumpshot, and a better post-game, Blake will be one of the best players in the NBA. For now, he is one of the flashiest up-and-coming players.

Edited by әightninә.

Guest Phailadelphia

Once he develops a jumpshot, and a better post-game, Blake will be one of the best players in the NBA. For now, he is one of the flashiest up-and-coming players.

That's like saying "Once Eddy Curry stops eating so much he'll be one of the best NBA players!" Where's the work ethic that suggests Griffin will ever develop a J or a better post-up game? All he does right now is use brute strength to back his guys up then throw the ball up on the glass hoping it either goes in or he gets a whistle.

Griffin is going to be like Vince Carter. A good player with lots of highlights but will never be mentioned with any of the greats.

Gotta go with Gerald Green this year. And for dumbest move of the year goes to Meta world peace for elbowing harden in the head.

dunk- a basketball shot in which the basketball is propelled downward into the basket.

Not cool? I'm sorry, what? A man jumping, and literally tea-bagging the living shit out of a man isn't cool? I understand it doesn't have the appeal of a James Harrison helmet-to-helmet hit, but it's still pretty cool, in my opinion.

Every shot in the game propels the ball downward into the basket. A real definition includes the fact that one is using his hand(s) to slam it in with ferocity and with their hands colliding with the rim. The Perkins play had the ball thrown in horizontally and showed Griffin's fingers graze the rim. Pretty lame "dunk".

That's like saying "Once Eddy Curry stops eating so much he'll be one of the best NBA players!" Where's the work ethic that suggests Griffin will ever develop a J or a better post-up game? All he does right now is use brute strength to back his guys up then throw the ball up on the glass hoping it either goes in or he gets a whistle.

Griffin is going to be like Vince Carter. A good player with lots of highlights but will never be mentioned with any of the greats.

Actually, Griffin's work-ethic is amongst the best. He's the last guy to leave practice, along with his team-mate and friend, Chris Paul. As well, his off-season training regime is run in Los Angeles, and has been considered one of the hardest, most physically challenging work-out routines possible. Combined with a strong will to win, I think he'll be working on it this off-season.

Every shot in the game propels the ball downward into the basket. A real definition includes the fact that one is using his hand(s) to slam it in with ferocity and with their hands colliding with the rim. The Perkins play had the ball thrown in horizontally and showed Griffin's fingers graze the rim. Pretty lame "dunk".

It is impossible for him to have thrown the ball "horizontally" and for it to have gone in. According to ESPN's Sports Science, Blake was 2 FEET above the rim, throwing the ball down at about a 40 degree angle, at an angular velocity of 900 degrees per second, meaning the ball traveled about 40 mph at top speed.

I'm not going to lie, Blake Griffin is one of my favourite players in the league, and the hype he receives is a little over-the-top considering that his game RIGHT NOW is solely based on his athletic ability. Charles Barkley said it best last year as "Once this kid learns how to play the game, watch out."

So the average point guard should be able to throw it down regularly...? :facepalm:

Yes. If you're 6'2 or taller you should be able to dunk.

Guest Phailadelphia

Actually, Griffin's work-ethic is amongst the best. He's the last guy to leave practice, along with his team-mate and friend, Chris Paul. As well, his off-season training regime is run in Los Angeles, and has been considered one of the hardest, most physically challenging work-out routines possible. Combined with a strong will to win, I think he'll be working on it this off-season.

Then where's the improvement? He's still the same player he was his rookie year. Literally the same player.

Yes. If you're 6'2 or taller you should be able to dunk.

I don't think that's realistic.

Then where's the improvement? He's still the same player he was his rookie year. Literally the same player.

His stats have gone up in literally every category, except blocks.

• Downvote 1