Sign in to follow this  
JetsFan4Life

Lakers' World Peace Suspended Seven Games

NEW YORK -- Los Angeles Lakers forward Metta World Peace was suspended seven games by the NBA on Tuesday for elbowing James Harden, meaning he could miss at least six playoff games.

World Peace was ejected from Sunday's game against Oklahoma City for throwing an elbow that struck Harden in the back of the head, giving him a concussion.

World Peace will miss the season finale on Thursday at Sacramento, then the next six games for which he is eligible. The playoffs open Saturday.

Source: nba.com

Can't complain about this as a Lakers fan.

Wait you are telling me that was not an accident. he got off light.

Guest Phailadelphia

Not a fan of him only getting 7 games, especially since there's a high probability these LA is going to face OKC in the semifinals.

Everybody thinks this isn't a harsh punishment, and I'm just fuckin' baffled by that. It doesn't deserve ten games, and it deserves more than five. Meet in the middle. Everybody wins. Also realize that they're aware that Bynum's hit on Barea was even more dangerous, but they needed to be harsher because it's Ron.

Before you go crazy on me saying that the Barea hit was more dangerous, let me explain. I think that because the elbow struck behind the ear, it wasn't nearly as dangerous as the potential of Barea dislocating a knee/shoulder or getting a concussion from his head crashing into the floor. That's just my take, anyway.

I'm also still hard-pressed to call it definitively intentional. It happened so fast and he never looked at Harden. It's a tough call.

Guest Phailadelphia

Everybody thinks this isn't a harsh punishment, and I'm just fuckin' baffled by that. It doesn't deserve ten games, and it deserves more than five. Meet in the middle. Everybody wins. Also realize that they're aware that Bynum's hit on Barea was even more dangerous, but they needed to be harsher because it's Ron.

Before you go crazy on me saying that the Barea hit was more dangerous, let me explain. I think that because the elbow struck behind the ear, it wasn't nearly as dangerous as the potential of Barea dislocating a knee/shoulder or getting a concussion from his head crashing into the floor. That's just my take, anyway.

I'm also still hard-pressed to call it definitively intentional. It happened so fast and he never looked at Harden. It's a tough call.

So the POTENTIAL that Barea could get a concussion outweighs the ACTUAL concussion Harden suffered that could possibly keep him out of the first round? A blow to the head, especially wear Artest's elbow met Harden's head, is incredibly dangerous. Nevermind that head injuries are a million times more dangerous than leg injuries.

Not long enough suspension. If it was unintentional, why isn't he turning around and apologizing? Instead he almost gets in a fight with another OKC guy.

• Upvote 1

So the POTENTIAL that Barea could get a concussion outweighs the ACTUAL concussion Harden suffered that could possibly keep him out of the first round? A blow to the head, especially wear Artest's elbow met Harden's head, is incredibly dangerous. Nevermind that head injuries are a million times more dangerous than leg injuries.

I'm sorry, but I find it ten times more dangerous when a seven foot three hundred pound sack of shit decides to forearm a six foot guard out of the air. The potential from that hit greatly outweighs Harden's concussion. Harden's going to be fine. He'll play game 1.

Edited by BwareDWare94

That's retarded. I could potentially cut off your head with a butter knife. Does that make it worse for me to attack you with a butter knife than actually shoot you with a gun? The butter knife could be more gruesome and painful, but in the end, I'm still only making you bleed a bit as opposed to seriously injuring you with the gun. Potential is far outweighed by the actual crime.

• Upvote 2

Anyone watch the 1st & Ten debate between Skip and Mr. Stephen A Smith? Skip said, Harden is one of those who lieks to get under players skin. And Artestwas celebrating and Harden purposely got in the way to stop him from celebrating. So Artest hit em out the way as payback basically. Would i agree for him to do that as a LA fan? No. But i think people are just going off the highlight and not the whole picture. When a player gets under your skin or tries to purposely, some lose their cool, Artest did that here. But to call it dirty dirty like the old Artest is kinda harsh. Artest has been good the last three years in LA and this is the first incident in a long time. 7 Games was good.

If Harden hadn't suffered a concussion,the suspension would've been ok..But since he got seriously injured and will probably miss some games,Artest should have got at least 10 games..