Sign in to follow this  
NYGIANTSFLYHIGH

Avengers in the NFL

Being a big Superhero movie guy, and the debut of the Avengers Movie upon us Thursday Night at Midnight, I thought Id pose this question...

In your teams division, which Avenger Hero would you corellate with each team? Here Goes...

Redskins- Iron Man

The color scheme helps, but I chose them mostly because Mr. Stark, much like Mr. Snyder, is rich, cares a lot about putting on a show, and in doing so obviously spends money carelessly. In this scenario, Shanahan plays the role of Pepper Potts, in that he tries to keep Snyder in check much like Pepper and Tony.

Eagles- The Incredible Hulk

Again, color scheme helps. But I went with him for Philly because he is the most intimidating based on physical appearance. Much like Philly looks like a power house, Bruce Banner is very soft on the inside. Also when he is not in Hulk Mode, no one really knows this skinny scientist is the hulk, hes irrelevant and empty inside....much like the Eagles Trophy Case.

Cowboys- Captain America

Well theres the whole notion of "Americas Team" here, but since that died in the 90's and Cowboy fans are the only ones who still believe so, I will connect the log of the star they both possess. Seeing as Steve Rogers is known as "The First Avenger" and Dallas won the first Superbowl out of any of the teams this fit. However, the clincher was the fact that yeah he has some "super-human" abilities which are pretty cool, but at the end of the day, his abilities are less than useless against pretty much all the other Avengers.

Giants- Thor

I mean the guy is a god, literally. He uses a hammer to rule, much like Tom Coughlins approach. He is centuries older than all the other Avengers, like the Giants are the oldest of these franchises. He is a bad ass mofo and on any given day, could probably beat up on the other guys :yep:

Hmm Thor vs. Hulk match ups go way back in comics as well as in the NFL... Not too shabby.

:Texans: - Thor

:Titans: - Hulk

:Colts: - Captain America

:jags: - Iron Man

Texans - The total package. Strong offense, strong defense, no discernible weakness as long as he has his hammer (Matt Schaub?)

Titans - Which Titans team do you get? Do you get the mild-mannered Bruce Banner? Or do you get the pissed off Hulk? Sadly, no one knows til the games start.

Colts - Just a man, albeit a perfectly enhanced man, but just a man nonetheless. And now that man is dead. Or is he....

Jags - Iron Man's the only one left at this point. We have money, and we have defense; that's all I've got.

• Upvote 1

Texans - The total package. Strong offense, strong defense, no discernible weakness as long as he has his hammer (Matt Schaub?)

Titans - Which Titans team do you get? Do you get the mild-mannered Bruce Banner? Or do you get the pissed off Hulk? Sadly, no one knows til the games start.

Colts - Just a man, albeit a perfectly enhanced man, but just a man nonetheless. And now that man is dead. Or is he....

Jags - Iron Man's the only one left at this point. We have money, and we have defense; that's all I've got.

Thats a good comparison. It kills me when we do come out flat.. We have a good team and needa play like it every game to be contenders. Lol @ Jags part.

:Broncos: Captain America: Because Peyton is so well loved by americans.

:Chiefs: Black Widow: Because they are a bunch of dirty whores.

:Chargers: Aquaman: Not an avenger, not a superhero whatever, the chargers suck.

:Raiders: Iron Man after ten beers: Though I suppose Al Davis is dead now. Need a new comparison, since they aren't so self destructive anymore.

• Upvote 1

Well done sir, well done

:Broncos: Captain America: Because Peyton is so well loved by americans.

:Chiefs: Black Widow: Because they are a bunch of dirty whores.

:Chargers: Aquaman: Not an avenger, not a superhero whatever, the chargers suck.

:Raiders: Iron Man after ten beers: Though I suppose Al Davis is dead now. Need a new comparison, since they aren't so self destructive anymore.

Hahaha nice. Stark is a scotch man so make it ten of those and I'm on board.....other than aqua man being part of the justice league of course :p

You could also throw in the fact that they have a Thor look-alike on the team!

Texans-Reed-Footba_1075255c.jpg

None other than Brooks Reed!

• Upvote 1

:Ravens: The hulk. Relies on pure Strength and violence at the point of attack. The defense is intimidating and wants to just destroy things. The offense is Bruce Banner mild mannered, just there to manage the beast. Ultimately when push comes to shove ineffective.