Sign in to follow this  
.AirMcNair.

Tennessee Titans All-Time Team(99-12)

Since the Titans have only been..well, the Titans since 1999, I figured instead of just calling it all-decade, just call it all-time team.

QB - Steve McNair

HB - Chris Johnson

FB - Eddie George

WR #1 - Derrick Mason

WR #2 - Kenny Britt

TE - Frank Wycheck

LT - Michael Roos

LG - Bruce Matthews

C - Kevin Mawae

RG - Benji Olson

RT - David Stewart

DE - Jevon Kearse

DT - Albert Haynesworth

DT - John Thornton

DE - Kevin Carter

ROLB - Keith Bulluck

MLB - Colin McCarthy

CB#1 - Samari Rolle

CB#2 - Andre Dyson

Slot CB - Cortland Finnegan

SS - Blaine Bishop

FS - Michael Griffin

K - Rob Bironas

P - Craig Hentrich

KR - Marc Mariani

PR - Derrick Mason

Just decided to play nickel because the Titans best option at LOLB would have been Will Witherspoon, and Cortland Finnegan more than makes up for that.

MLB has been a really weak position as well, as McCarthy's season last year, while it was good, wasn't spectacular, but it's the best season from an MLB for the Titans, at least from what I can remember.

Otherwise, this is a really solid football team, highlighted by a great offensive line and running game.

For some reason, I thought Bulluck was a MLB? :think:

But yea, solid team. That would be one hell of a rushing attack with George and CJ.

at this point I'd put Randall Godfrey over McCarthy at MLB, but there isn't much else I'd disagree with, it's funny, I never thought of LB as a historic weakness for us, but we really haven't had many LBs I'd call any better than decent (and Bulluck is the only one I'd even consider calling great) I guess that's just a testament to Dave McGinnis

Edited by oochymp

Excellent team, .Air. That rushing attack would be hard to stop for sure.

And Steve McNair, :rockon: Best Titan/Oilers QB IMO.

Excellent team, .Air. That rushing attack would be hard to stop for sure.

And Steve McNair, :rockon: Best Titan/Oilers QB IMO.

I'm probably as big of a Steve McNair fan as you'll meet, but if you throw the whole Oilers' history in it's tough to argue McNair over Warren Moon, but as far as Titans only (like this thread is considering) there's nobody else in the conversation (seriously, the next tier would be Collins, Hasselbeck, and Vince Young, and any of those would be a distant second)

I'm probably as big of a Steve McNair fan as you'll meet, but if you throw the whole Oilers' history in it's tough to argue McNair over Warren Moon, but as far as Titans only (like this thread is considering) there's nobody else in the conversation (seriously, the next tier would be Collins, Hasselbeck, and Vince Young, and any of those would be a distant second)

Neil O'Donnell and Billy Volek would be the only competition for Hasselbeck, as sad as that sounds. Collins was too pitiful too often for me.

All Hail Steve McNair... And I know it'd be hard if you had to include moon, but... I might just have to make that decision. :yep:

And I was kinda surprised at the absence of Drew Bennett. Wasn't he like the focal point of your WR corps for a handful of years back in the day?

All Hail Steve McNair... And I know it'd be hard if you had to include moon, but... I might just have to make that decision. :yep:

And I was kinda surprised at the absence of Drew Bennett. Wasn't he like the focal point of your WR corps for a handful of years back in the day?

When McNair went down and Billy Volek had to step up in 04 Bennett set an NFL record by scoring like 7 or 8 TDs in a 3 game span, and had like 1,100 yards that year, but aside from that he was pretty average his career here. I take Britt over him based on potential. He and Volek were butt-buddies I think, he always played his best with Volek.

I also will forever hate him for dropping the pass on 4th down at the end of the Titans/Patriots 2003 Divisional playoff game, which lost us the game.

Bennett had nearly the same number of yards and TDs in his one great year as Britt has in his career.... Maybe in the future Britt takes over, but Bennett played a more pivotal role for longer.

And Why is Eddie George playing full back?

George at RB + Ahmard Hall or Lorenzo Neal is the way to go.

the fact that Drew Bennett was the focal point of our WR corpse for a few years says a lot more about our WRs at the time than it does about Bennett, as far as stats go, somebody's gotta catch the ball. Don't get me wrong, Bennett was a good WR for a decent stretch, but there's no way I'd take him over Mason or Britt, IMO he'd be the third WR on this team (well, it'd be between him and Kevin Dyson, but I'd probably lean toward Bennett)

As for Eddie at FB, Air could probably address what he was thinking better than I could, but I read that as more of a two back tandem than a RB/FB, but if you're going with a true RB/FB set up then it'd definitely be Eddie and Lorenzo IMO

Bennett had nearly the same number of yards and TDs in his one great year as Britt has in his career.... Maybe in the future Britt takes over, but Bennett played a more pivotal role for longer.

And Why is Eddie George playing full back?

George at RB + Ahmard Hall or Lorenzo Neal is the way to go.

Oochymp hit the nail on the head with Bennett.

And it's a 2 back system, just used FB as George's "position". That, and the fact that George would be the best "fullback" the Titans have ever had, even better than Neal, and certainly better than Hall. People seem to quickly forget how powerful George was. It's why his YPC is as low as it is, we ran him like a fullback. Straight in to the middle of the line on 3rd and 1/4th and 1 or on the goalline, and he'd always pull through. He was 6'2 and 230 pounds of pure strength. It's a true shame that when McNair finally hit his prime George was on the downhill part of his career. Having arguably the fastest man in NFL history/yards from scrimmage record holder plus George with his stengrth and McNair's scrambling ability, along with that offensive line? The running game would not be stopped.

the fact that Drew Bennett was the focal point of our WR corpse for a few years says a lot more about our WRs at the time than it does about Bennett, as far as stats go, somebody's gotta catch the ball. Don't get me wrong, Bennett was a good WR for a decent stretch, but there's no way I'd take him over Mason or Britt, IMO he'd be the third WR on this team (well, it'd be between him and Kevin Dyson, but I'd probably lean toward Bennett)

As for Eddie at FB, Air could probably address what he was thinking better than I could, but I read that as more of a two back tandem than a RB/FB, but if you're going with a true RB/FB set up then it'd definitely be Eddie and Lorenzo IMO.

I just don't like the idea of adding guys to an all decade team because of what they could. It's an all decade team... looking at what players have done in the last ten years.. Not what they will do in the next ten.

Kenny Britt's resume is DWARFED by what Bennett was able to do as a Titan. Say what you want about the other talent on the team, but he was THE GUY and produced in that role.

And I understand that stats aren't everything. And I would probably buy it if you could convince me that Britt plays a bigger role on the team than Bennett did.. But I really don't think that's the case.

Britt isn't the 2nd best Titans WR from 99-2012. Just my opinion, though.

Oochymp hit the nail on the head with Bennett.

And it's a 2 back system, just used FB as George's "position". That, and the fact that George would be the best "fullback" the Titans have ever had, even better than Neal, and certainly better than Hall. People seem to quickly forget how powerful George was. It's why his YPC is as low as it is, we ran him like a fullback. Straight in to the middle of the line on 3rd and 1/4th and 1 or on the goalline, and he'd always pull through. He was 6'2 and 230 pounds of pure strength. It's a true shame that when McNair finally hit his prime George was on the downhill part of his career. Having arguably the fastest man in NFL history/yards from scrimmage record holder plus George with his stengrth and McNair's scrambling ability, along with that offensive line? The running game would not be stopped.

George got beaten up at RB, which ultimately shortened his career. Yet and you want him to line up at FB? Don't like that at all...

And you definitely need a FB.. I'd say kick CJ off the team. He isn't the best RB for the team, and he knocks off your best FB...

Edited by Favre4Ever

I just don't like the idea of adding guys to an all decade team because of what they could. It's an all decade team... looking at what players have done in the last ten years.. Not what they will do in the next ten.

Kenny Britt's resume is DWARFED by what Bennett was able to do as a Titan. Say what you want about the other talent on the team, but he was THE GUY and produced in that role.

And I understand that stats aren't everything. And I would probably buy it if you could convince me that Britt plays a bigger role on the team than Bennett did.. But I really don't think that's the case.

Britt isn't the 2nd best Titans WR from 99-2012. Just my opinion, though.

Kenny Britt has shown that he can absolutely dominate DBs. He hasn't done it consistently because of injuries, but this team is assuming he's healthy. If I were guaranteed he'd be healthy for his entire career, I'd take him over every WR in Oilers/Titans history.

Drew Bennett was not a dominant player. He wasn't a bad one by any stretch, but he's no where near Britt in terms of talent. It wasn't a hard choice for me to make at all, tbh.

George got beaten up at RB, which ultimately shortened his career. Yet and you want him to line up at FB? Don't like that at all...

And you definitely need a FB.. I'd say kick CJ off the team. He isn't the best RB for the team, and he knocks off your best FB...

George wouldn't be taking 350+ carries in this offense though, so no, he wouldn't have his career shortened in this offense. This is an MVP McNair and a record holding Chris Johnson. George had to carry the offense by himself for several years. He has all the help he could ever dream of on this team. Taking a talent like CJ off this team would be quite stupid. I know you don't like him because of last year and that's fine, you can think what you want, but there's no denying the mans talent, and running behind an offensive line like this and having 2 people like McNair and George with him?

He played some of his best ball with Vince Young at QB, because of VY's threat to run. McNair brings that same threat with a much better arm. Defenses would shit themselves.

George>CJ900

Kenny Britt has shown that he can absolutely dominate DBs. He hasn't done it consistently because of injuries, but this team is assuming he's healthy. If I were guaranteed he'd be healthy for his entire career, I'd take him over every WR in Oilers/Titans history.

Drew Bennett was not a dominant player. He wasn't a bad one by any stretch, but he's no where near Britt in terms of talent. It wasn't a hard choice for me to make at all, tbh.

George wouldn't be taking 350+ carries in this offense though, so no, he wouldn't have his career shortened in this offense. This is an MVP McNair and a record holding Chris Johnson. George had to carry the offense by himself for several years. He has all the help he could ever dream of on this team. Taking a talent like CJ off this team would be quite stupid. I know you don't like him because of last year and that's fine, you can think what you want, but there's no denying the mans talent, and running behind an offensive line like this and having 2 people like McNair and George with him?

He played some of his best ball with Vince Young at QB, because of VY's threat to run. McNair brings that same threat with a much better arm. Defenses would shit themselves.

But you aren't guaranteed he will be healthy for his entire career... lmao. If he is healthy, put him on your 2020 Titans team. He doesn't belong on a 99-2012 team.

And neither does Chris Johnson, especially when he forces a better player to switch positions.

Edited by Favre4Ever

But you aren't guaranteed he will be healthy for his entire career... lmao. If he is healthy, put him on your 2020 Titans team. He doesn't belong on a 99-2012 team.

And neither does Chris Johnson, especially when he forces a better player to switch positions.

No, I'm not guaranteed that in real life, but on this team I am. It's putting the best players the Titans have had on the team. Kenny Britt is undoubtedly a better player than Drew Bennett. Anyone who would argue otherwise is pretty delusional.

I just used FB as the position. I'd be running a 2 back system, and in goal line situations or whatever I would run George at FB.

George never had a 4 year stretch that was as good as CJ's is, either, and he had a much better offensive line during his career. CJ belongs on this team just as much as George does.