Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

This was confirmed a couple days ago, dunno if anyone has posted yet....

It's totes magotes official: Paul Rudd is Ant-Man!

After months of rumors, and a few days where the news was all but confirmed, Marvel has made it official that Rudd is the man to lead director Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man," hitting theaters in 2015. In a press release, Marvel said that Rudd represents "the studio's desire to cast actors that bring several dimensions to its onscreen heroes."

This is gonna be such a train-wreck. I can't wait.

60% of the time it works every time.

This was confirmed a couple days ago, dunno if anyone has posted yet....

It's totes magotes official: Paul Rudd is Ant-Man!

After months of rumors, and a few days where the news was all but confirmed, Marvel has made it official that Rudd is the man to lead director Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man," hitting theaters in 2015. In a press release, Marvel said that Rudd represents "the studio's desire to cast actors that bring several dimensions to its onscreen heroes."

This is gonna be such a train-wreck. I can't wait.

I am sure that I will enjoy every minute of this train wreck.

On another note:

Interesting...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094766/?ref_=nv_sr_2

Edited by Duck Fallas

I don't care for the casting of Paul Rudd as Hank Pym, but I'm still interested in what they will do. I'm just disappointed they are going to do this film AFTER introducing Ultron.

QPghEs2.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I still think Guardians of the Galaxy will be a good movie. People will laugh at the whole talking raccoon thing, but Kevin Feige really pushed for this property to get on the big screen for a reason. I think he sees a lot of potential in this.

I don't know if it's just the fact that there is a talking raccoon in the movie that will make it bad. These characters are so diverse, so unique to one another... I just don't know if they are going to mesh that well. The model for RR isn't so bad, per the screenshot.

I think Groot is going to be a huge factor as well. How do they play him up, etc.

I also think Chris Pratt may royally fuck over Starlord, but I shall withold judgement. I mean, I am going to see it no matter how good or bad it ends up being. lol

The castings in general just really throw me off.

Edited by Favre4Ever

People were thrown off by Heath Ledger being cast as the Joker and now people consider his portrayal to be legendary. We'll just have to see. I'll see a trailer before making any sort of judgement. But it is gonna be a fun year for Marvel movies. Captain America, Spider-Man, X-Men and Guardians. Meanwhile DC is trying to shove all of their characters into the Man of Steel sequel without even hinting at any of their existences in the first film.

I kinda have been thinking it's finally started to get better.

I do agree it's finally interesting because everybody including myself want to know what happened to Caulson when he got "revived". But it really does feel slow at times for me even now.

I haven't even been keeping up with it at all... lol. Not because I don't like it, but it's just not high enough on my priority list...

Agents of SHIELD needs a little comic fun injected into it. It's a crime drama show with Marvel's name on it and it just isn't getting it done for me. Nowhere near the level of Arrow.

Michael Douglas? WHAT? Lmao.

I love the guy and he is a fantastic actor but.. WHAT? There is literally no way this movie is going to succeed. It probably will from a financial standpoint, just because people are going to see it regardless.. but, LMAO. So bad.

Welp (sidenote: why do we need a Peter Pan movie? No one asked for this.)

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/superm-1201062720/

Warner Bros. has pushed production on the untitled “Superman-Batman” movie to the second quarter of this year and it will now be released on May 6, 2016.

The Peter Pan origin story “Pan” is being put in its place on July 17, 2015. “Superman-Batman” will now square off against a Marvel film which Marvel has still not announced.

The film is still in pre-production with Henry Cavill set to star alongside Affleck, and Zack Snyder is on to helm.

In a statement, Warners said the decision was made to “help fully realize the vision.” Warners is still casting the film including the main villain role which sources tell Variety is still in Joaquin Phoenix’s court.

This marks another film to leave what was turning out to be a very crowded 2015 summer, with “Pirates of the Caribbean 5″ and the new “Star Wars” also moving out of the frame.

One continuing moving part is what this means for Affleck and his always busy schedule. Affleck was planning on directing “Live by Night” following production on “Superman-Batman,” with Warners already dating “Night” for Dec. 25, 2015.

It now seems unlikely that Affleck would be able to jump into the director’s chair before the end of 2014, which would put pressure on getting the film done on time in order to meet WB’s deadline.

‘Batman-Superman” will also reunite “Man of Steel” stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane, and also stars Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman/Diana Prince.

The screenplay will be written by David S. Goyer, from a story co-created by Goyer and Snyder. Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan and Wesley Coller serving as executive producers.

The Batman/Superman movie sounds like a mess to me, too many characters. They should just make it Justice League, speaking of which Stephen Amell (actor who plays Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in Arrow) said recently he was approached about playing the role in a Justice League movie.

Also, the hot rumor recently is that Marvel is talking to Johnny Depp about playing Doctor Strange.

That movie has the worst casting of all time.

Of all time.

This movie is going to suck so much... lmao