Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Also, I went to the comic store here, and they know all I do is read Batman stuff, and we were talking about "Tower of Babel", they told me to read "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe".

The part where he takes out Spiderman got me right in the feels.

Spidey1.jpg

Spidey.jpg

• Upvote 2

Deadpool is so good. That particular book is pretty ridiculous, even for his standards though. Spider-Man isn't even the worst of the deaths, lol.

Everything in this new generation is going to crap. Spiderman dying...So lame. Where are the writers from the 90's at?

It's just a one-off story line... Deadpool gets committed to the Psych Ward by Professor X and everything that is hilarious and awesome about Deadpool becomes eerie and disturbing. It's not really the Deadpool any of us know.. It's still a solid book though, IMO.

Still, even the manner in which Spiderman got taken out was so not epic and anti-climatic.

Yeah, definitely agree there. The book doesn't really lead much to be imagine as far as being climatic goes. It's literally Deadpool going around and killing one hero or villain after another. Ha.

The ending is GREAT though, IMO, anyway. Makes the whole thing worth it. And speakign of which.. Dmac, did they get you to buy all 4 books (or the 1 book with all 4 volumes) or did you just get Part 1?

I got all 4 books, on a discounted price. Pretty much read through all 4. Can't imagine having to wait for the next part to come out when the story was actually being written.

All of the kills for the most part was kinda anti climatic, they kinda ran through them, but I'm glad they devoted a little more time for the bigger heroes. How he killed Thor was actually extremely brilliant. This was my first exposure to Deadpool though. Didn't know, "breaking the fourth wall" was an actual thing. Makes me wander if he's going to do it in the movie.

But the stuff with Spiderman hit me hard cause he's my favorite member of Marvel's world. Black Panther aside.

He will most DEFINITELY be breaking the 4th wall in the movie... 100% guaranteed. You can't have Deadpool without it. And as I said, that book is a much darker, less funny version of Deadpool. He's still a bit psychotic, but usually he is more light and hilariously demented instead of the super dark version you read.

I don't really like that your comic store made your intro into Deadpool with Kills the Marvel Universe.

Edited by Favre4Ever

He will most DEFINITELY be breaking the 4th wall in the movie... 100% guaranteed. You can't have Deadpool without it. And as I said, that book is a much darker, less funny version of Deadpool. He's still a bit psychotic, but usually he is more light and hilariously demented instead of the super dark version you read.

I don't really like that your comic store made your intro into Deadpool with Kills the Marvel Universe.

Have you read Punisher kills the Marvel Universe? If so is it any good?

Ladies and gentleman... It's time for Eobard Thawne to be revealed!!

9781434226143lg-01.jpg

Professor Zoom is a terrible name.

• Upvote 1

Just one in a long line of lolDC monikers. Flash will have another great episode and then go on another 4 week hiatus for no reason.

---

If you've never played the Deadpool video game, you should. It's not really a great game gameplay wise, but it's hilarious and well done from a writing point of view.

• Upvote 1

At least they stay away from the terrible alliteration that Marvel loves to employ. I hate that so much.

I have not McTater.

If you've never played the Deadpool video game, you should. It's not really a great game gameplay wise, but it's hilarious and well done from a writing point of view.

100% this. Such a fun and awesome game... lol. As you say, not really great gameplay wise, and it gets a little repetitive.. But it's so much fun and a straight out blast to play.

Because Thor (which is unoriginal), Captain America(Lulz), Spider-Man, Iron Man, and BLACK Panther (cause he's black, get it?) are so great.....

Except he's a villain, and as such, it's a terrible name

.Dr. Doom is a terrible as well.

I really liked Flash this week. I don't know if I will like next week though....

I'm caught up on Flash now.

Sick of getting Arrow mixed in with my show just so they can basically get tech updates, but it didn't completely destroy the episode like last week. Laurel thotty self was not needed and while I do like Det. Lance he wasn't needed either.

Anyway, I had faith they wouldn't give us two straight weeks of garbage and I was not disappointed. I really liked the shape-shifting villians because they give you a lot more problems than other people. And for the FIRST time this season we get an actually exciting fight! (outside of fighting the RF) I've been saying the final "boss" fights have been horrible this year, but this time Barry didn't have to run around or create some wind tunnel or anything stupid, we got that beautiful slow-motion look of how his hand to hand skills look with super speed. Yeah the villian couldn't fight but I loved it.

Ending of the episode had me tweekin out and I'm TOO glad we don't get another break. I'm TOO glad we didn't have to have the Caitlin on the other side storyline and I'm TOO glad Eddie won't be an issue (for now).

THEY FOUND THE ZOOM ROOM!

Okay, lets wrap up this RF saga next episode, I'm sick of these teases. WE WANT MORE GROOOOOD!!!

• Upvote 1

I really liked Flash this week. I don't know if I will like next week though....

Can't tell if trolling.... Next week is definitely a RF episode, and as you know the creators do a great job with the main big bad episodes.

OMFG Daredevil just got renewed for a second season to air next year! This shocks the fuck out of me because I thought they were just gonna do a phase one and just have one season of each hero leading into the Defenders miniseries. This actually gets me incredibly excited to finish Daredevil now, because I figured we weren't gonna get more of him until like 2017 in The Defenders.