Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I will likely wait until it's out at Redbox or Netflix. I hate going to movie theatres. It's been a few years since I last went to one.

I will wait until Friday to go see in theaters.

It's already out on DVD and Blu Ray. Ohhhhh, you mean the shitty rehash, gotcha.

• Downvote 1

You realize it is a sequel... right?

Netflix and any vod release will disagree with you. And no, my reception was based on the movie, the quality in which I watched it made no difference in my opinion. Butta pls.

Sparty pls.

You did nothing but watch a less than bootleg copy of the movie and and started hating on Marvel like usual. :coffee:

------------------------

Also, I will wait to about the 2nd or 3rd week to go see AoU.

Edited by butta55

You realize it is a sequel... right?

You go ahead and go see it next weekend and tell me it's not in any sense a copy of the first one. Different villain, same formula but you'll eat it up anyway.

Plenty of movies have used the same formula :shrug:

As long as the execution is great then I don't see a problem...especially if people like that formula.

Sparty pls.

You did nothing but watch a less than bootleg copy of the movie and and started hating on Marvel like usual. :coffee:

------------------------

Also, I will wait to about the 2nd or 3rd week to go see AoU.

Hating on Marvel? I liked Daredevil and Winter Soldier. First Avengers was good. Edited by Spartan Havoc

Did you like the first one? Did that use a winning 'formula'?

Plenty of movies have used the same formula :shrug:

As long as the execution is great then I don't see a problem...especially if people like that formula.

Execution means nothing to me. Any company has great CGI now.

Did you like the first one? Did that use a winning 'formula'?

The first one was pretty good. Doing it a second time though does nothing. Edited by Spartan Havoc

This reminds me of complaints people had with Borderland 1.5. They say it sucked because it's just like the other Borderlands games -- which they all loved and poured hundreds of hours into. If you find something that works, you run with it. You don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

This reminds me of complaints people had with Borderland 1.5. They say it sucked because it's just like the other Borderlands games -- which they all loved and poured hundreds of hours into. If you find something that works, you run with it. You don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

But at least don't make it so obvious.

Ok, I can't just not say anything :lol:

Besides a big fight at the end, which is awesome, it has almost no similarities with the first one.

• Upvote 1

Besides a big fight at the end, which is awesome, it has almost no similarities with the first one.

Well, this should be interesting.. Haha. I dunno if I will actually see it next weekend, but maybe. With the draft ad a big local festival, I might just not have time. Will soon though.

Bruh. I'm only like, 13 episodes into Daredevil. But in the 13th episode... On the scene where Fisk talks about the Good Samaritan...

I had to run it back right after it was over. Total hair-raiser. Was unsure on Fisk before, now not so much.

Vincent D'Onofrio's entire performance as Fisk was fantastic, just finished up watching it as well.

Can't wait for season 2.

• Upvote 1

The ending fight is the biggest fight of the movie and should not have been the same as Avengers 1, that's why the movie sucked.

Also, the build up for Civil War? WE GOT NOTHING. Tony and Cap made up in the end, lulz. And the Scarlett Witch shit was dumb as fuck, as was most things with the movie. I couldn't stand them being in Hawkeye's house. It was cringeworthy. Hawkeye is a crap character, and they should have kept it that way. Also, tell me ONE thing Ultron did that brought the Avengers to their feet. Oh yeah, nothing. Also, daddy issues.... This movie did NOT live up to the hype at all.

Finished Daredevil last night. I think it was the type of quality we all wanted from a superhero show and I didn't expect Marvel to give us anything less.

With that being said I don't know how I feel about the second season or the other series they are creating. There are pros and cons of just making this another season of Fisk vs DD, but there aren't really any other villians from the DD world that I would want to see.

I'm hoping Colter brings that big personality that Luke Cage is known for so we can switch up the feel of these shows. Should be interesting to see how Marvel delivers a series that isn't so rooted in normal fighting and more into superpowered characters.

Edited by butta55

Finished Daredevil last night. I think it was the type of quality we all wanted from a superhero show and I didn't expect Marvel to give us anything less.

With that being said I don't know how I feel about the second season or the other series they are creating. There are pros and cons of just making this another season of Fisk vs DD, but there aren't really any other villians from the DD world that I would want to see.

I'm hoping Colter brings that big personality that Luke Cage is known for so we can switch up the feel of these shows. Should be interesting to see how Marvel delivers a series that isn't so rooted in normal fighting and more into superpowered characters.

Doesn't have to rely completely on Fisk, I don't think. They have the connection between whoever Stick is working for with Daredevil, whatever "war" there is that's going on between them and Nobu's people. I can only imagine there's more to Gao's story as well, given her comment about returning home and it being far away from China, and her obviously having some kind of training that allowed her to pretty much 1 hit KO DD and then disappear without him even noticing.

I am still very interested in Fisk's character, though. He was slowly starting to break, episode by episode. Now he's stuck in prison, so it'll be interesting what changes that causes him to go through.

I'm sure there's more story lines that could unfold as well, though I have no knowledge on DD comics so I'm not sure what they could be beyond what's been hinted at in the show.

Only thing that worries me about season 2 is it's going to have a new show runner because the man for season 1(DeKnight) has other projects to work on.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Spoilers tag.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Spoilers tag.

wat

The show has been out for almost a month now, but alright.

The spoiler is still in the quote :mjlaugh:

I'm 99% sure everyone who posts here has seen the show anyway. Me and you are probably the last two to have seen it all :yao:

I don't have netflix yet. So haven't seen it. I just skim the DD stuff so I don't spoil it.

I don't have netflix yet. So haven't seen it. I just skim the DD stuff so I don't spoil it.

Torrents broseph, they work wonders :yep:

Yea yea. Will get around to it. My free time for watching tv is nearly nil atm. I'll make more excuses later.