Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Seeing Deadpool on MOnday with a buddy.

CAN'T ******* WAIT

Deadpool was amazing in all of it's graphic and violent glory!

Loved it.

Deadpool was already one of my favorite comic characters, but this movie, and series of movies, boosts it up there even more! Great start to what looks like another home run!

Ryan Reynolds is perfect for this character, IMO.

...and one of my other favorite comic characters Cable is going to be in Deadpool 2! As confirmed by Deadpool himself in the after credits scene. Lol

Looking forward to seeing who they cast to play him :yep:

Deadpool made 135 million this weekend. Rated-R superhero films here we come.

Dat Flash Promo Doe :ooo:

You mean that Daredevil trailer teaser? Yeah, pretty hyped.

You mean that Daredevil trailer teaser? Yeah, pretty hyped.

How-About-No.-Doctor-Evil-W630.jpg

Deadpool was amazing. It was a little weird in the theater for me. The whole crowd would laugh at some generic jokes, and then I found myself basically alone laughing at what I would call the "sophisticated humor." It helps me sleep at night.

I've seen Deadpool twice this weekend, including in IMAX. It was so awesome to see them nail this the way they did. It's really awesome taking people who knew nothing of him to see this movie and have them come away loving it. #Deadpool4lyfenshit

• Upvote 1

Recording my review tomorrow, but def not seeing it twice lol. I'll say that.

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!"

"'Cause I think you're a half-measure. I think you're a coward. I think you're a man who can't finish the job."

OMFG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

I may go see Deadpool a 3rd time tomorrow if I have no plans. It's just too awesome. It's great seeing it kill it at the box office, Deadpool taking 'Murrica by storm. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Deadpool is the only hero that's not a hero that we need. Oh man, this has been such a long time coming. They did him justice for sure. Although to be honest, I still felt it was a little cranked down, I am hoping they let it all loose in the sequel and I can't wait to get my hands on what I hope is an uncut / extended version of this on Blu Ray. Only other gripe that I had was that there was a surprising amount of Wade Wilson / Ryan Reynolds in the movie. I mean, I knew it was an origin story and all, but I am looking forward to the sequel just smothering us with Deadpool.

Awesome movie though. It's what we have deserved for a long time. Cable will be awesome (I hope).

Just watched the Daredevil Trailer. Punisher wasn't a character I think they needed to humanize as much cause he was already pretty human. Give us the skull shirt wearing Punisher. We don't need another costume and nickname build up. With that being said....THIS LOOKS AMAZING!

Edited by butta54

Didn't get that vibe at all. Looks to be fantastic depth to the character. We can agree that it looks amazing though.

His story is simple and has always been the same. We don't need a season long rehash of Punisher's origin. Don't know if it will be. Just saying we don't need it.

Where would you get that feeling at all? Maybe it turns out that way, but... The overwhelming feeling is that it isn't. His origin is who he is. It defines him, his actions, his motivations... It makes him a more complex character and interweaves multiple stories into one. With that said, what's done is done. They don't seem at all like they are lingering on the past.

If you want straight up, brainless action... Watch something else. Not saying you won't like this or won't watch it, but it seems like you are looking for something different.

Netflix has done a masterful job of weaving those stories with amazing action. The narrative drives everything else, and Daredevil is no different.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I have no idea what you are talking about lol

All I'm saying is that I hope they don't linger on Punisher's origin too long.

I have no idea what you are talking about lol

All I'm saying is that I hope they don't linger on Punisher's origin too long.

Which you got from the trailer in some way or fashion which you won't or can't explain.

More than likely we're just gonna get a Punisher episode just like we did with Kingpin's.

Which you got from the trailer in some way or fashion which you won't or can't explain.

That is just a general statement that you don't need to watch the trailer to make...

But speaking to the trailer we see the Castle home, and the picture of his wife and daughter. All that stuff is fine. Of course not everyone knows who he is and a quick flashback episode like Party said is fine.

After that I just said my personal preference of not looking at his origin too long meaning him wearing his classic Punisher outfit and actually being being called the Punshier. In reference to Daredevil's slow build in season 1 to who he is. We don't need that for the Punisher. You mentioned it brings depth to the Punisher character....not saying take away his origin, just saying its simple and we don't need the whole season of him building up to be the Punisher. Like if they call him "Castle" or "Frank" the whole time until the last episode...that would be annoying.