Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

What exactly are you Holy Shitting? Andrew? Roz talking to Hydra?

I kinda like AoS more than Gotham at this point, it does a really great job at balancing a huge cast. Everything in Gotham gets wrapped up too fast, there's almost no build. Not saying it's not good though, the last episode of Gotham was amazing, especially the end :lol:

Totally agree that that is maybe the one huge weakness of Gotham. They just have so much material to cover though and I wonder if they feel pressured by people like Butmom to give them the ACTUAL Riddler or ACTUAL Two Face or something.

You can build villians all you want....I just want Batman :coffee:

You can build villians all you want....I just want Batman :coffee:

You're 10-12 years away from Batman, so don't get your hopes up.

Gotham is cool for what it is, but I don't think any reasonable person would deny that a Batman: Year One based tv show would be 50x better than Gotham.

With the Gotham story being told in Arrow-style flashbacks :ooo:

Edited by butmom
  • Upvote 1

I deny it. Gotham is a really good show. Would it be possible to make one better? Sure... But I wouldn't bet on it.

Inb4 Gotham gets cancelled because x-men will get better ratings. :smug:

so three episodes into Supergirl I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the show, I'm a huge fan of superhero shows in general, and I'm enjoying the overall story line, but there are a handful of lines in every show that just feel like feminist propaganda, it's not that I'm opposed to the ideas expressed, I just don't know that I want to watch a superhero show (or any show for that matter) that smacks me over the head with it

The Flash:

My Name is Barry Allen and I used to be the Fastest Man Alive but then Zoom came from a parallel world and beat the shit out of me and broke my back.....now I'm paralyzed and in the wheel chair of the man who murdered my mother..... I am... the Flash!!!

Real glad that was short lived. Love Hawkgirl except her smile is :ugh:

Gotham:

This season is kind of getting hit and miss. I loved every second of the Penguin/Riddler scenes. But that whole cannibal assassin was dumb, and a poor casting at that. The whole assassin guild was kind of not there for me either, shrug.

AoS:

Man, I have been shipping Fitzsimmons for what feels like years, and when they finally kissed it felt super awkward like a brother and sister kissing or something. I felt it tho. That scene was incredible. I just feel like the people in this show are better actors than what the others have. This shows fight/action choreography continues to be a cut above as well. If they ever kill off Hunter, I'm out.

Hail Hydra.

Gotham:

This season is kind of getting hit and miss. I loved every second of the Penguin/Riddler scenes. But that whole cannibal assassin was dumb, and a poor casting at that. The whole assassin guild was kind of not there for me either, shrug.

AoS:

Man, I have been shipping Fitzsimmons for what feels like years, and when they finally kissed it felt super awkward like a brother and sister kissing or something. I felt it tho. That scene was incredible. I just feel like the people in this show are better actors than what the others have. This shows fight/action choreography continues to be a cut above as well. If they ever kill off Hunter, I'm out.

Hail Hydra.

Gotham:

I tend to agree with you on this episode, penguin and riddler scenes were awesome, but the assassins just felt like a way to make Gordon look more bad ass, they all came out a bit flat and the scenes felt really forced, but there are some really interesting directions that can go, and I'm looking forward to Galavan retaking the lead among the villains and seeing how long that lasts now that penguin and riddler are scheming together

AoS:

so glad they're back to Shield v. Hydra, that's when this show is at its best, and this week's episode demonstrated what they're so good at which is creating diversions so that the surprises feel true to the story line but can still actually surprise, the ATCU is good now? (sorta)

and now I want to know what the hell that thing on the other planet was

Flash

Barry Allen is so incredibly weak. I am so sick of his stupid self-pitying ass... Every single episode is the same exact thing with him. The Flash would be a BETTER show WITHOUT The Flash. Every single story line that doesn't directly include Barry being center-stage is better than the ones he is center-stage in. It amazes me how bad his character is. It's... almost unfathomable. Wells better move out of Earth 2 permanently after the conclusion of his story line... Losing him would deal such a blow to the show. HE is needed. Although he will probably go away and then we will get Firestorm back. Then Firestorm will have to leave to "level up" .. then we may see the return of a speedy Garrick or maybe Wells depending on how the stories develop...

Barry Allen is seriously contending for the worst TV super hero character on ATM (at least of the shows I watch). He might be better than Laurel, Thea, and Iris right now. I think that's about it. It makes me want to vomit.

Gotham

I too agree that Gotham has been up and down, but I think it's mostly still kinda up. The evolution of Nygma / Riddler origin is absolutely fantastic. Cory Michael Smith (actor for Nygma) is a FORCE and absolutely on fire. LOVE LOVE LOVE his performance(s) this season. The great character and acting from Penguin stole a lot of the show last year... BUt Nygma has completely stolen the spotlight, IMO.. Uhhh. I LOOOOOOOOOOVE IT.

I am not minding the Gordon stuff too much.. But it feels like the shows knows that Nygma is the star and focus right now and they are just trying really hard (too hard) to keep Gordon relevant.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Arrow: :no:

Gotham: :no:

Flash: :yes:

Also Jessica Jones is out!!! :megusta:

Saw the first three eps, this show is definitely not for me. I was expecting a lot more action. I'll probably just stick to Daredevil.

I watched the first two eps... so far it is pretty boring, but it's not a bad show. Daredevil was pretty boring at first. But this whole show is about her not being a super hero, so it's probably going to stay pretty dull.

But, the Flash isn't even close to being as good as the other hero shows, so that's just :yao: at butters' taste in things :p

Flash guess potential spoiler:

Zoom is Barry's dad from Earth 2, it's so obvious it's painful.

Can't wait to watch Barry cry about that for 2 episodes

New shows almost always start off slow so I am not at all surprised to hear this.

I still am looking forward to starting it tonight.

MSG :pls:

Gotham has a garbage arc right now about some old time family blood feud BS. Not to mention how silly it is to begin with. They are clearly running out of material to surround the show with outside of the Penguin and Riddler rise which depending on your taste sucks to begin with cause Riddler was not the kind of Villain they are making him out to be on that show. It is full of re-imagined concepts that I think are a little too far from the source material.

Don't watch or care about AoS.

Arrow is probably the lowest on the list right now. Flash is 50x better and there is no debate. Another show reeeeeeeaching most weeks trying to pull together new material. Even in doing that it has been the same old formula for this show since day one and it is getting old. It is also hurt from being more of a springboard for Legends of Tomorrow more so than Flash has. Flashback scenes are probably the worst they've been, and this whole trip into the magical stuff is the only thing they hope can save this show. Although I do like Oliver as a character a lot more these days.

The Flash can't even get their title hero right... :laugh: It deserves very little respect. I saw Barry in the wheel chair and almost fist pumped because it means he would be more of a secondary character. Only drawback from that is that he just whines the entire episode. But then again, he does that whether he is in a wheel chair or not.

I am not saying you can't just personally like the show.. We all like what we do for various reasons. Nothing wrong with that. But let's just be clear that you can't be objective when talking about The Flash.

The Flash can't even get their title hero right... :laugh: It deserves very little respect. I saw Barry in the wheel chair and almost fist pumped because it means he would be more of a secondary character. Only drawback from that is that he just whines the entire episode. But then again, he does that whether he is in a wheel chair or not.

I am not saying you can't just personally like the show.. We all like what we do for various reasons. Nothing wrong with that. But let's just be clear that you can't be objective when talking about The Flash.

I know the flaws in the show at least from my perspective. But as you said we all like our different things and have different taste so its not possible for everyone to align on the same things. No one will be objective when we are talking about these highly subjective materials.

I never said the show is perfect, or that everyone had to like it. But my taste was questioned so I was simply giving my opinion on the other shows in contrast to The Flash.

You for example hate the main character Barry so that probably messes up a great deal of the show for you and that is understandable.

Too bad they can't just combine Arrow's superior hero / character / larger story arc with Flash's superior supporting characters / stories.

Legends of Tomorrow premieres mid-January. :panic: :panic:

I wanted it with Star Wars. :( Now I gotta watch it now. Someone must have leaked it before or something. This was supposed to come with Star Wars. :(

Edited by Spartan Havoc