Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Ya, but unless Marvel is going to do something with them, then I say let somebody else have the rights. They just don't have the time and money to take on so many projects at once. Even IF they want to reboot Daredevil, we aren't gonna see anything for like 3-5 years. Fuck that.

I finally got back to the comic store and I review the four books I got today because I'm bored. I'm going back tommorrow for the Avengers vs. X-Men finale.

The Amazing Spider-Man #694

The final issue of the Alpha storyline, and it felt kind of rushed to me. First thing, the cover says Spider-Man vs. Alpha and shows them fighting but no such thing ever occurs in the book. Second, the ending felt rushed, but it worked in a weird way. I'm also not a major fan of the art in these books, it looks good for the most part but it is kind of weird. Captain America's face looked really bad though. But in general, the book was a good read and a solid ending to what was an overhyped storyline.

7.5/10

Deadpool #61

I was skeptical of buying this because these books have gotten pretty dumb and the cover shows Deadpool getting smacked across the face with a banana by a monkey, but it was actually was not bad. It wasn't a bunch of fart jokes, it set up a serious plot. But it did lack the Deadpool dialogue and action we love. It wasn't bad, but I'm really looking forward to the relaunch in November.

6/10

Batman #0

This is the 2nd zero I've gotten and I liked this one over the Detective Comics one. It showed Bruce Wayne in his early crime fighting days against the Red Hood gang. I liked it better than the Detective Comics #0 because it actually is about Batman despite never seeing an actual appearence of him in costume. It wasn't an unnecessary training issue. I was kind of hoping they would show Red Hood's transformation into Joker, but maybe they saved it for another issue or they won't go with that story.

8/10

Gambit #1

Completly terrible. A terrible character, Marvel should put more focus on awesome characters like Ant-Man and Rocket Raccoon.

:troll:

But seriously, the artwork in this book was amazing. The story wasn't the greatest, but I really enjoyed it considering I'm not a huge Gambit fan. I do really love the art from the book though and I'll look to get #2 if I can ever find it.

7/10

Edited by McMilla4Prez63

I agree with you on Gambit. I finished #1 and #2, have #3 waiting to be read. Art is GREAT. Story is lacking.

The artwork was the best of the comics I bought today and not even close, it looked great. I'd like to get #2 and #3 but the store was completly sold out of both. This was a 2nd printing I got and it was the last copy there, the guy said the series is popular. Maybe they'll have some 2nd printing copies of #2 there tommorrow. I'm pumped for the Avengers vs X-Men finale and I now get 10 dollars off which I'll likely use towards a Deadpool graphic novel. :yep:

Some potential details about characters from Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show...

Announced earlier this year, Joss Whedon is overseeing "S.H.I.E.L.D.", Marvel Studios' first television series set in their cinematic universe. Today, TV Line has gotten their hands on a list of characters that are alleged to be at the forefront of the ABC series, now casting. Their list reads as follows:

SKYE: This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.

AGENT GRANT WARD: Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.

AGENT ALTHEA RICE: Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

AGENT LEO FITZ and AGENT JEMMA SIMMONS: These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

Although none of the roles appear to be previously-established comic book characters, it should be noted that on the commentary track to his The Cabin in the Woods, Whedon refers to using fake sides to audition talent. Knowing the secrecy of Marvel, there's a definite possibility that "S.H.I.E.L.D." could be employing a similar tactic.

It also remains to be seen which, if any, actors and/or characters from the feature films are planned to appear on the show. It's very likely that "S.H.I.E.L.D." will have direct ties to future Marvel Studios cinematic entries, including the Whedon-scripted and directed Marvel's The Avengers 2, set for release on May 1, 2015.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172951-shield-character-details-revealed

I hope they get Cobie Smulders to reprise Maria Hill. I know she is busy with How I Met Your Mother, but she was good in The Avengers. Not to mention she is nice to look at. :yep:

Robert Downey is healthy again and they are shooting more on IM3. New photos for the Iron Patriot and Mark XLVII armors.

Iron-Man-3-Mark-XLVII.png

Iron-Man-3-Mark-XLVII-and-Iron-Patriot.png

Edited by Favre4Ever

Iron Man 3 trailer will be released on October 23rd supposedly. Looking forward to it. :yep:

Also, I've decided I want to start reviewing comics via YouTube and I'm going to try and start it today when I'm off work with Avengers vs. X-Men #12, Detective Comics #13, Rorschach #2 and Amazing Spider-Man #695. I probably won't get many views at first, so if you like this stuff check them out when I eventually get them up there lol.

post a link when you get the first one up.

I was working on one tonight, but I had a hard time with it lol. Kept freezing up and couldn't think of anything to say. I'll try again tommorrow or Sunday if I get free time.

But I did read my new Deadpool graphic novel called Head Trip. It was soooo freakin' awesome lol. Deadpool is the shit. :yep:

I was working on one tonight, but I had a hard time with it lol. Kept freezing up and couldn't think of anything to say. I'll try again tommorrow or Sunday if I get free time.

But I did read my new Deadpool graphic novel called Head Trip. It was soooo freakin' awesome lol. Deadpool is the shit. :yep:

Make yourself a script. :yep:

Yeah, that is my plan, but I'm just too tired tonight. Plus, we have people over now and there is too much going on for me to record shit.

Okay, I made my first one lol. I had an easier time with it once I wrote up a script, but once it was time to wrap it up I really didn't know what to do and it kind of ended abruptly. The sound is kind of shitty I'm sure, but I think it came out alright for my first crack at it.

I'm gonna try and get at least one more up tonight.

EDIT: I just made my 2nd video. I don't think it came out as good as the first, but mainly because people were sleeping and I was trying to be quiet so you may not totally understand what I'm saying.

Edited by McMilla4Prez63
  • Upvote 2

Not bad, bro. Maybe span over some of the panels as you are talking ?

Not bad, bro. Maybe span over some of the panels as you are talking ?

Good idea, I'm trying to keep it simple at first though. I also really don't want to spoil plot points so I just give a minor introduction and stuff. I think my reviews for AvX 12 and ASM 695 will go better. :yep:

Okay, I made my first one lol. I had an easier time with it once I wrote up a script, but once it was time to wrap it up I really didn't know what to do and it kind of ended abruptly. The sound is kind of shitty I'm sure, but I think it came out alright for my first crack at it.

I'm gonna try and get at least one more up tonight.

EDIT: I just made my 2nd video. I don't think it came out as good as the first, but mainly because people were sleeping and I was trying to be quiet so you may not totally understand what I'm saying.

Nice reviews, Milla. You definitely have that Florida accent where, as Andy from The Office so eloquently puts it, it's "like molasses just sorta' spillin' out of your mouth". Very easy to listen to. The only suggestion I'd have is to vary your word choice in a few areas a bit. In the second video I noticed you said "good" quite a few times in a row.

I look forward to more videos.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I finally got around to the other two videos. I had an easier time with the first two than these lol. It took me like ten takes to do the AvX #12 one and the Spider-Man one took at least like 25 takes or so. I'd like to make them a little longer, but I'm also trying not to spoil anything and kind of cut to the chase because I get annoyed at some 5-10 minute reviews on YouTube, any advice on what you'd think work would be appreciated. :yep:

I'm pumped for tommorrow, Marvel NOW! officially launches with Uncanny Avengers #1 and the new Batman story arc involving the Joker starts. It will supposedly change the Batman universe forever.

Don't want to double post, but I already made my Uncanny Avengers #1 review. It is the only book I've read today of the six I bought. The others were Batman #13, Fantastic Four #611, Legend of the Dark Knight #1, Avengers vs. X-Men Consequences #1 and Deadpool #62.

On another note, the TV series Arrow debuts tonight at 8 on The CW. It is a live action TV show based on DC Comics' Green Arrow. I'm gonna check it out if I get home in time, but my expectations are low.

I'm going to try and watch the pilot tommorow, and then I'll decide if it is worth following.

Also, rumors are swirling around The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Supposedly Sony is casting for Mary Jane Watson and Harry Osborn and the villain is expected to be Electro.

Ant-Man gets a release date yay!

It has been officially announced by Disney and Marvel Studios that Edgar Wright's Ant-Man film will be released on November 6, 2015. The film joins The Avengers 2 (set to be released May 1, 2015) as Marvel's second planned film of that year.

Not that much is known about Ant-Man at this point except that Edgar Wright will be directing and that he has co-written a script with Joe Cornish that everyone is "really happy with." Wright also made a test reel for the film that premiered at this year's San Diego Comic-Con (you can see a recreation of it by clicking here).

It was also announced today that Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World will be released in 3D.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173197-ant-man-gets-a-release-date

Also, Clark Gregg shall reprise Phil Coulson in Joss Whedon's SHIELD show. :yep:

Woo Coulson. Great news, though I wonder how they're going to bring him back.

Also,

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/movies/hugo-weaving-done-with-marvel-says-transformers-work-was-meaningless/story-e6freeuc-1226496900161

WHILE out promoting his new film, the time-hopping epic Cloud Atlas, Hugo Weaving opened up about the harsh realities of making blockbusters. Weaving, whose deadpan Agent Smith in The Matrix made him Hollywood's new go-to-guy for all things sinister, told Collider.com that his involvement in the hugely successful Transformers films was meaningless.

He also revealed why he'd have to be dragged kicking and screaming back to the Marvel Universe.

Weaving was the voice of Megatron in Transformers, and the two sequels that followed. The films, which were directed by Michael Bay and produced by Steven Spielberg made more than two-and-half billion dollars at the box office but Weaving's involvement was minimal to say the least.

Read the full Collider interview here

"It honestly was a two-hour voice job. It was one of the only things I’ve ever done where I had no knowledge of it, I didn’t care about it. In one way, I regret that bit. I don’t regret doing it, but I very rarely do something if it’s meaningless. It was meaningless to me, honestly. I don’t mean that in any nasty way," he said.

Weaving never met Bay during his very extremely brief stint on the film, although he did see his face on Skype.

"I never read the script. I just have my lines, and I don’t know what they mean. That sounds absolutely pathetic! I've never done anything like that, in my life."

Cartoon villainy doesn't appear to be Weaving's bag, with the actor telling Collider that he would be reluctant to go against Captain America again.

Weaving, who played the Red Skull in last year's Captain America: The First Avenger, said: "I didn’t think I’d be in Captain America 2 or 3. I don’t think Red Skull will be there. And it’s not something I would want to do again. I’m glad I did it. I did sign up for a number of pictures and I suppose, contractually, I would be obliged to, if they forced me to, but they wouldn’t want to force someone to do it, if they didn’t want to."

He adds: "I think I’ve done my dash with that sort of film. It was good to do it and try it out, but to be honest, it’s not the sort of film I seek out and really am excited by."

Edited by Vin

This new syfy show Alpha's is getting really good. Anybody else watch it?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/16/iron-man-3-is-offbeat-and-out-there

Aside from some confusion several months back regarding Iron Man 3's Coldblood and his preferred style of dress, we've heard little about the villain who will be played by James Badge Dale in the threequel.

Vulture, however, recently chatted with the Rubicon and The Grey actor about his character, a.k.a. Eric Savin, in the Marvel film. He said he's loosely based on Coldblood, and that his costume in Iron Man 3 is "very low-pro." In fact, when it was reported last spring that he was on the IM3 set in Iron Patriot armor (which we now know is actually the new look for War Machine), the actor was in fact still shooting The Lone Ranger.

"It was very confusing, because I was in Albequerque filming The Lone Ranger, and people were calling me going, 'Yo, dude, I saw you on the Iron Man set!'" he recalls. "And I was like, 'Brother, I ain't even shown up yet. I'm still in the desert, riding horses.'"

Dale also tells the site that Iron Man 3's director, Shane Black, has a surprising take on the material and "the tone of the film is very particular, very offbeat, very out-there."

:think:

I can't wait for the movie, hell I'm counting the days until the trailer.

I saw the first two episodes of Arrow tonight, real impressed. I'm going to try and keep watching.