Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I could trash the Arrow and stoop to the level of troll master himself, but I will just say Flash is a different show. Def not a "teen" show, but lighter and knows what it is.

-------

As far as the crossover with Supergirl, I said that was happening from the very start. The Berlanti trying to talk about the show standing on its own and being its own thing was such BS. The way I look at it either...

A) Supergirl was a big hit and became popular...in which you merge it with your other popular properties to get a bigger pay off

B) Supergirl sucks (which it kinda does).....in which you merge it with your popular properties to save it

I don't really feel I am shitting on the show. I like it... I watch it every week. But the strength, IMO, comes from the rest of the cast. I do not watch the show for Barry or The Flash, really. That's just me, perhaps.. But I like all of the dynamics of the other characters. I'd still recommend other people try it.

I could trash the Arrow and stoop to the level of troll master himself, but I will just say Flash is a different show. Def not a "teen" show, but lighter and knows what it is.

-------

As far as the crossover with Supergirl, I said that was happening from the very start. The Berlanti trying to talk about the show standing on its own and being its own thing was such BS. The way I look at it either...

A) Supergirl was a big hit and became popular...in which you merge it with your other popular properties to get a bigger pay off

B) Supergirl sucks (which it kinda does).....in which you merge it with your popular properties to save it

You talking about me when you say troll master? :notamused:

At least I don't post a venn diagram made of tits on a superhero thread, lol.

Edited by Wolverines Need to Die

You talking about me when you say troll master? :notamused:

At least I don't post a venn diagram made of tits on a superhero thread, lol.

Wasn't even referring to you :mjlaugh:

And you mean post promotional material made for a Superhero movie in a superhero thread?

Party pls just :pls:

Edited by butta54

Wasn't even referring to you :mjlaugh:

And you mean post promotional material made for a Superhero movie in a superhero thread?

Party pls just :pls:

At least I know Deadpool surely isn't the first R-rated superhero movie. :rog:

ARRRROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

So bad ass..... Great to see Roy back. Then Thea is like... practically dead. Does this get any better? No... No it doesn't, because it appears Malcolm is going to die to save her. How sad, pathetic, and weak of Ras Al Ghul.

At least I know Deadpool surely isn't the first R-rated superhero movie. :rog:

Our first R-Rated mainstream movie with a major production....yes it is.

You can try and argue for Blade or Punisher if you like :rog:

Our first R-Rated mainstream movie with a major production....yes it is.

You can try and argue for Blade or Punisher if you like :rog:

You're calling a Marvel movie non-mainstream? Okay. Oh yeah, add Kick-ass to the mix as well. Butta for the fail.

You're calling a Marvel movie non-mainstream? Okay. Oh yeah, add Kick-ass to the mix as well. Butta for the fail.

Before Marvel was purchased by Disney and operating as its own distribution and producing studio.....Before the MCU.....Yes that is very much not mainstream, just because you are a Marvel property doesn't mean anything.

And KA isn't technically superheroes or sci-fi for that matter....never really watched it more than once but I'm fairly certain they were regular people dressed up in costumes with no sci-fi element to it.

Party Fail

Before Marvel was purchased by Disney and operating as its own distribution and producing studio.....Before the MCU.....Yes that is very much not mainstream, just because you are a Marvel property doesn't mean anything.

And KA isn't technically superheroes or sci-fi for that matter....never really watched it more than once but I'm fairly certain they were regular people dressed up in costumes with no sci-fi element to it.

Party Fail

Okay so technically you're calling all of the x-men movies non-mainstream. Got ya.

Okay so technically you're calling all of the x-men movies non-mainstream. Got ya.

Haha you are trying to hard to earn that troll master title :kobe:

FOX properties are produced and distributed on a big budget level, of course they are mainstream.

They aren't low marketed and low budget movies that are made with a very loose treatment independent of its original creators. Yes they were R-Rated. But they weren't on the scale Deadpool is and that is not even a conversation.

Deadpool doing well means 50x more than a 1998 Blade movie doing well ever could.

Edited by butta54

Haha you are trying to hard to earn that troll master title :kobe:

FOX properties are produced and distributed on a big budget level, of course they are mainstream.

They aren't low marketed and low budget movies that are made with a very loose treatment independent of its original creators. Yes they were R-Rated. But they weren't on the scale Deadpool is and that is not even a conversation.

Deadpool doing well means 50x more than a 1998 Blade movie doing well ever could.

Blade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deadpool

• Downvote 2

ARRRROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

So bad ass..... Great to see Roy back. Then Thea is like... practically dead. Does this get any better? No... No it doesn't, because it appears Malcolm is going to die to save her. How sad, pathetic, and weak of Ras Al Ghul.

are they working to put Oliver back as Ras or is Nyssa gonna angle her way in?

Also, I am absolutely loving Legends of Tomorrow, I honestly think it's better than Arrow or Flash right now largely because of the singular focus on a big baddie. Arrow and Flash have both been lagging a bit lately IMO and I couldn't quite place why, but I'm realizing that all of the superhero shows have been at their best when they get focused on a big baddie. Arrow and Flash have both just seemed so dis-jointed and I think it's because of all of the side shit going on distracting from Darhk and Zoom, but Legends is all about going after Vandal Savage and it's awesome. Maybe the slow burning will ultimately pay off, but for now I think Legends is the best of the three.

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

Wouldn't say it is the best of the three just yet, but I absolutely LOVE Legends of Tomorrow so far. I wasn't even going to watch it live (was always planning to stay up to date with it) but after being pushed to see the pilot I immediately fell in love with it. I like it for different reasons. But Savage just as a character creates all the endless possibilities for this show.

Ya, looks like Nyssa is ready to take over. Which is unfortunate because I really like Malcolm as a character. Maybe they will fake his death or something. Unlikely though as we haven't had a super meaningful death for a long time. They probably want us to feel it. Wish Roy could have stayed. Sarah too.. All the good characters are like.. out or currently leaving the show. haha.

Haven't checked out Legends yet, I really need to.

No one can die in Arrow or The Flash, they can just use the Lazarus Pit....

No one can die in Arrow or The Flash, they can just use the Lazarus Pit....

Nyssa destroyed the only known Pit... Doesn't mean they can't find another one though

Wouldn't say it is the best of the three just yet, but I absolutely LOVE Legends of Tomorrow so far. I wasn't even going to watch it live (was always planning to stay up to date with it) but after being pushed to see the pilot I immediately fell in love with it. I like it for different reasons. But Savage just as a character creates all the endless possibilities for this show.

just to clarify, I'm talking about right now, so comparing the current run of Legends (what do we have, 3 episodes?) to the most recent few episodes of Arrow and Flash, it definitely hasn't passed either show at their best

Also, I am absolutely loving Legends of Tomorrow, I honestly think it's better than Arrow or Flash right now largely because of the singular focus on a big baddie. Arrow and Flash have both been lagging a bit lately IMO and I couldn't quite place why, but I'm realizing that all of the superhero shows have been at their best when they get focused on a big baddie. Arrow and Flash have both just seemed so dis-jointed and I think it's because of all of the side shit going on distracting from Darhk and Zoom, but Legends is all about going after Vandal Savage and it's awesome. Maybe the slow burning will ultimately pay off, but for now I think Legends is the best of the three.

That's what happens when you get to watching a network show instead of a cable one. They can't drag a big bad out for 20+ episodes, there needs to be filler so they hit that episode mark. That's why the Netflix series are so damn good, there's barely any distraction with one-offs.

I watched the first three episodes of Legends. I like it a lot. I think they do a great job of meshing together so many characters and the story is definitely intriguing. I still hate the Hawk Couple

RIP

. But other than that, really damn solid. There are lots of cool personalities and they all come through fairly well, all things considered.

• Upvote 1

Finally catching up with some TV. Writing Patty off the show was pointless for the Flash. I really liked her character. The way they handled the end of that whole situation was pretty horribly executed, too. I do really like Wally, and I'm interested to see how he ends up mixed in with the rest of the cast besides Joe and Iris.

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 1