Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I know it's getting old, but I just can't stop gushing over Cory Michael Smith and his portrayal of Nygma / Riddler. Absolutely my favorite Batman villain and watching him on TV makes me mad that we haven't seen the character in like... five live action batman movies (if we count Bat V Supes). So annoying.

Captain America: Civil War is currently tracking for a 175 million dollar opening weekend. That would put it in the same range as BvS' opening weekend.

Captain America: Civil War is currently tracking for a 175 million dollar opening weekend. That would put it in the same range as BvS' opening weekend.

If it's tracking for that currently, that means it will actually hit like 250 million, right? :D . Nah, I am really itnerested to see how people respond and come out for Civil War though.

I wouldn't be surprised if CW doesn't have the same opening weekend as other Marvel movies have had, I think there may be a bit of superhero fatigue and I could see this being one that people think has too many characters crammed in, what I'm interested to see is how it does the second and third weekends when we see how the word of mouth impacts attendance

The early reviews for Civil War are good and the hype is there. I think audiences will respond to this way better than BvS, but I'm intrigued to see the box office for this. I really feel like they've under-marketed the Spider-Man aspect because that could be a huge draw for a lot of people.

I'll predict a 190 million opening weekend and it will finish at around 1.3 to 1.5 billion worldwide.

Well, to be fair.. He was back for a week like 2 weeks ago, then disappeared again. Ha. Weirdness.,

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-adds-willem-dafoe-880889

Willem Dafoe is joining the good guys in Justice League.

The movie began production last week with Zack Snyder, fresh off of the worldwide tour promoting Batman v Superman, in the director’s chair.

Batman (Ben Affleck), Superman (Henry Cavill), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), the Flash (Ezra Miller) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher) are the super-powered characters who must team up to combat a threat beyond each member's capabilities. (Warner Bros. is playing it coy about whether the villain is classic DC bad guy Darkseid, who was hinted at in BvS.)

Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay for Justice League, which will be released in two parts by Warner Bros. Justice League: Part One will hit theaters on Nov. 17, 2017, while Part Two is slated for release on June 14, 2019.

In early March, the production added J.K. Simmons to the cast as the Gotham City Police Commissioner Gordon.

Dafoe, who starred as the villainous Marvel character Green Goblin in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man movies, is playing a good guy in a role that will see him appear in both parts of the JL movies. Details of his character, however, are being kept under lock and key.

Charles Roven, Snyder and Deborah Snyder are producing Justice League.

Dafoe memorably appeared in the Keanu Reeves action movie John Wick and recently wrapped shooting Legendary’s fantasy The Great Wall with Matt Damon.

He is repped by CAA and Circle of Confusion.

• Upvote 1

Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa in the new Power Rangers movie :ugh:

dfssgdfsgdf-rita-repulsa-153132.jpg

Willem Dafoe is set to become a good guy in DC's Justice Leaguemovies.

However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, that's all the information we're getting for now. Dafoe will be appearing in both parts of the Justice League movies, but we don't know any more details of his character beyond him being one of the good guys. Dafoe, of course, played bad guy Green Goblin in the first Spider-Man film.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/19/willem-dafoe-joins-justice-league-cast

To be honest, I think the only people that are "superheroed" out are the ones that watch the TV shows as well. Marvel is building something very special right now, and they won't be stopped anytime soon. Phase 4 is just shaping itself with the first avengers' replacements, cause tbh....

I think they're gonna wipe out at least half because I believe they will let Thanos destroy half the world.

One of the things I like hearing from reviews of Civil War beyond the positive reception of Spider-Man and Black Panther is that people have said despite everything the true focus on the film is still about Cap and Bucky. Even though this is on a grand epic scale, I still hope to see that story wrapped up well.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-downey-jr-joins-spider-885829

It looks like the team-up of Spider-Man and Iron Man seen in Captain America: Civil War won’t be the duo’s last.

Robert Downey Jr., who plays the red-and-gold-armored Marvel character, has closed a deal to join the cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming, Marvel and Sony’s reboot of the web-crawling superhero, sources tell THR.

Tom Holland will star as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and is making his debut as the character in Civil War (and already garnering praise for his take on the role).

The movie establishes a key relationship between Tony Stark/Iron Man and Parker, and Homecoming will continue that thread.

Homecoming has been casting up ahead of its June start of production. Marisa Tomei will play Aunt May, while Zendaya is one of the female leads. Tony Revolori, who starred opposite Ralph Fiennes in The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Laura Harrier, who appeared in the soap opera One Life to Live, are also boarding the production, which is being produced by Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal.

Sony has held the rights to Spider-Man since the 1990s, but its recent outings with the character proved unpopular with fans and critics despite relatively strong box office. Meanwhile, Marvel built itself up as a movie studio, reacquiring the rights of many of the characters it had licensed out in the 1990s, and then was bought by Disney. Spider-Man was one of a handful of characters that eluded Marvel.

Last year, however, Sony execs invited Marvel to come in and handle the character, in an effort to restore him to his former glory. One of the ways Marvel is doing that is by introducing Holland as Spider-Man in Civil War before he goes on to his own movie series.

But with Downey’s boarding, it appears that Marvel will continue to keep Spider-Man close not just creatively but also literally; Iron Man and Spider-Man appearing together in Homecoming keeps the Sony movies strongly tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and its films released by Disney.

Downey and his industrialist hero have been cornerstones of Marvel’s film slate even though unlike his other co-stars he has not signed the studio’s complicated multipic deals. His last renegotiation included his appearing in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, as well as Civil War.

His appearance in Homecoming required another round of negotiations. It is unclear whether that is to appear in just Homecoming or subsequent installments as well.

Edited by Vin

Excited about that news, I hope we don't get too much Iron Man but I like that they seem to be angling towards making Spider-Man his protégé in a way.

Chris Evans should be in that movie too as Captain America.

That was part of the deal with Sony & Marvel

Man.... I get dizzy thinking about how much money RDJ has reaped for this role alone. Crazy. ha. It's a perfect fit, so don't take this as a complaint. I just started thinking about it again after reading Vin's article about all of the individual negotiations he does.

I saw a report that said Iron Man is unlikely to be the only hero to show up in the movie, so it's possible we see Cap.

Yeah I remember when they originally announced the deal part of it was Captain America and Iron Man making a cameo in the first Spider-Man stand alone. Which is most of the reason Civil War didn't excite me at first cause I knew that now this means neither dies and they eventually make up.

About RDJ....he needs that money cause his other projects have absolutely done nothing. He thought for a second that the actor got bigger than the character then quickly realized the Iron Man fans don't travel to see him in Non-Marvel movies.

Ehh, i dunno. I liked the Sherlock flicks and Judge was pretty good too. But his life is one big redemption story. Starting out as a child actor, then hitting rock bottom because of drugs and spending time in prison... He's come a long way and I am pretty proud of the work he's done.

The Sherlock Holmes movies are pretty nice. They need to hurry up and get the third one started.

the last ep of the Flash was absolutely dumb as hell and the epitome of CW programming :lol:

meanwhile Agents of Shield with crazy surprises and badass action. :smug:

I'm 1 episode behind on Gotham but DAYUM that shit with penguins new family was awesome. Somehow though Nygma continues to steal the show.

Edited by theMileHighGuy