Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

They cant just come out and say theyre rebooting again, at least right now, they still have 2 movies coming out this year. Kill Afflecks Batman off and make a Nightwing could happen.

Nah, you need Bruce Wayne Batman to make these movies successful. People LOVE Batman. A lot more so than any other DC hero and probably more than any Marvel hero. They already ruined the Joker though man. I don't think it's Leto's fault. He's a very good actor but the design of him was just stupid. lol

Nightwing would be the greatest thing ever. DC would ruin it for sure...

Give me a good fucking Green Lantern while you are at it.

OH MY GOD...

LIVE ACTION NIGHTWING MOVIE IS CONFIRMEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Lego Batman Director to Direct.

They cant just come out and say theyre rebooting again, at least right now, they still have 2 movies coming out this year. Kill Afflecks Batman off and make a Nightwing could happen.

So, you think that they can't reboot but it's totally cool to kill off Bruce Wayne? lol

So, you think that they can't reboot but it's totally cool to kill off Bruce Wayne? lol

Yes. Batman already has good films in recent memory. The others have NONE.

Anybody else watching powerless?

No idea what that is

https://news.marvel.com/tv/60507/anson-mount-joins-marvels-inhumans-abc/

“Hell on Wheels” star Anson Mount has landed the lead role of Black Bolt in the “Marvel’s Inhumans” television series. “Marvel’s Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of the royal family including Black Bolt, the enigmatic, commanding King of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city.

It was previously announced that a version of the first two episodes of the new ABC series will premiere exclusively in IMAX® theatres for a two-week window in September 2017, prior to the 8-episode network run.

“Marvel’s Inhumans,” were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe.

“Anson loves the challenge of playing a character who will only communicate silently,” said Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television and Executive Producer. “His enthusiasm mixed with his imposing almost regal persona made it easy to see why he is our Black Bolt.”

Added executive producer and showrunner Scott Buck, “Black Bolt is a character whose deep complexity must be conveyed without uttering a single word, and I’m very excited to have Anson on board to bring him to life.”

Marvel recently announced that Iwan Rheon (“Game of Thrones,” “Misfits” “Vicious”) will portray Maximus, a clever and charming Inhuman that is fiercely devoted to the people of Attilan, especially his brother, Black Bolt –though he harbors an intense desire to wear the crown himself.

“Marvel’s Inhumans” is executive produced by Scott Buck (“Dexter,” “Marvel’s Iron Fist”) along with Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” “Marvel’s Luke Cage”) and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s Daredevil,” “Marvel’s Jessica Jones,” “Marvel’s Luke Cage”) with Buck serving as showrunner. Roel Reine (“Admiral,” “Black Sails”) will direct the first two episodes. The series is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Studios.

Aw yiss.

Yes. Batman already has good films in recent memory. The others have NONE.

​That's all the reason to keep Batman alive, they can't rely on these other characters to carry their universe. Which is pretty obvious since Bruce is taking on the Nick Fury role of assembling a team of heroes together.

​Also, love the casting choice for Black Bolt. Marvel knocks it out of the park again.

Almost time to start working through the previous movies in prep

I'll do a more in depth review of Logan later, but all I gotta say is that ending had me in tears. I've never seen such an emotional moment in a comic book movie. Well done FOX and Mr. Jackman. Movie was far from perfect, but damn was this an appropriate send off for an iconic actor playing an iconic character.

Logan was soooooo good. Don't really want to say much because it could be pretty spoilery and I don't feel like engulfing my post in spoilers or writing with it in mind to not have spoilers, maybe I will just wait for milla to post and reply to him... lol.

In the meantime, he summed it up pretty perfectly with this.

This was an appropriate send off for an iconic actor playing an iconic character.

A bit more in depth review of Logan...

​I personally wish they adapated more of the Old Man Logan story to the film personally since that story is my favorite of Wolverine. This movie was very loosely based on the comic's idea of an aging Wolverine in a dark future. Watching the movie though, it becomes obvious that the future has only really become dark for mutants. The government had been tainting food with a product that can stop the mutant X-gene from developing, so in a House of M style there is "No More Mutants" and X-23 is kind of in the Hope Summers role as the last hope for mutant kind. It's also heavily implied that Xavier killed many of the X-Men during his first epic seizure that causes chaos and paralyzes anyone nearby. Now I personally wish they went the way of the comics and reveal that it was Wolverine who had accidentally killed the X-Men, but still this movie paints a very tragic and sad future for mutants and the X-Men.

​The more I think about it, the more I like the inclusion of the X-24 clone since it kind of symbolizes that Wolverine's greatest battle was always with himself, internally. Kind of symbolic that a man who was considering suicide was killed by a clone of himself.

​The movie was great, my biggest gripes with it are just fanboy hopes of getting more of the story adapted. But this movie took inspiration from several books like Old Man Logan, House of M and Death of Wolverine.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

We're never going to get a live action version of Mister Sinister are we?

They actually confirmed that Mister Sinister is coming soon. I think people assumed the teaser for him at the end of Apocalypse was implying that he was the villain of Logan but it looks like the future of the main X-Men line of films instead however. Or maybe they use him as the villain of the Deadpool sequel, he was the villain in his video game.

Yeah, early reviews for Iron Fist are not good. Looking like the first potential critical failure of the MCU, but at least it's not a movie. However, a lot of the early criticisms of the show are stemming from the main character not being Asian which is laughable. Danny Rand/Iron Fist has always been a white man in the comics. You can't claim this as white washing when the source material has the character as a white man. If anything, the fact that all these people believe a show about martial arts should feature an Asian lead is a racist idea.

​I'll still look forward to seeing this show and judging the quality for myself, I hope it's not terrible but even if it is the character likely will just be used for Defenders/Heroes for Hire stuff in the future rather than receive a 2nd season.

Yeah, early reviews for Iron Fist are not good. Looking like the first potential critical failure of the MCU, but at least it's not a movie. However, a lot of the early criticisms of the show are stemming from the main character not being Asian which is laughable. Danny Rand/Iron Fist has always been a white man in the comics. You can't claim this as white washing when the source material has the character as a white man. If anything, the fact that all these people believe a show about martial arts should feature an Asian lead is a racist idea.

​I'll still look forward to seeing this show and judging the quality for myself, I hope it's not terrible but even if it is the character likely will just be used for Defenders/Heroes for Hire stuff in the future rather than receive a 2nd season.

It could all go away if moon knight makes an appearance, Or Ghost Rider, lol. Other than that, the show's creator is Scott Buck (from Dexter), who was involved in the TERRIBLE part of that show's ending, and he's in charge of Marvel's Inhumans too, so we'll see if these 2 badly flop or not.

About to start watching Iron Fist today now that classes are done till next month, but I'm not surprised that it's getting bad reviews about the character not being Asian.

Right or wrong, people were 100% guaranteed to whine about him not being Asian, if I was a betting man I woulda put my whole life on it.

Venom announced for an October 2018 release.

Aquaman pushed back until December, and apparently DC is going to try pushing another film into 2018. One of SS2, Green Lantern Corps, Flash, Harley Quinn movie, or JL Dark

Only watched one episode of Iron Fist so far, so I don't want to jump to too many conclusions, but L.O.L. The martial arts in this show are so bad. I hope it changes, but I doubt it. Like everything looks so fake and choreographed. Ya ya, I know.. It is fake and choreographed. But it just looks so choppy. Like watching the first fight scene, you can tell where the pauses and breaks are. Just so bad. And he does like this jumps and really unrealistic parkour type of things, but those too just look so fake and artificially put together.

Whole show seems like a stage production where the actors didn't actually do any rehearsals. The story also seemed to move really slowly, it was just episode one so there is a good chance that changes but it just bored the shit out of me.

Hoping for better.