Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Paul Giamatti is in talks to play Rhino in the Spider-Man sequel.

It looks like Marc Webb's upcoming sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man will be getting another new villain! The Hollywood Reporter says that Paul Giamatti is in talks to play the Rhino in the May 2, 2014 film. It's also being reported that Felicity Jones is in talks for an undisclosed role.

The alter-ego of Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevich, the Rhino first appeared in 1966's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #41. A former low-key thug, an experiment grafted a nearly-indestructible polymer to Aleksei's skin, making him nearly unstoppable.

Giamatti appeared last in year in a variety of projects like Rock of Ages, Cosmopolis and John Dies at the End. Jones, meanwhile, is well known for roles in films like The Tempest and Like Crazy.

Already set to star Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan and Martin Sheen, the new chapter in the Spider-Man saga was already confirmed to see the debut of Electro (Foxx) and Mary Jane Watson (Woodley).

Screenshots from the upcoming amazing Deadpool game. :yep:

dp_1_20130204_1381724386.jpg

dp_2_20130204_1652739157.jpg

dp_8_20130204_1029825961.jpg

dp_12_20130204_2033771168.jpg

dp_13_20130204_1236587773.jpg

Nolan North is playing Deadpool, so that's good. Graphics don't look good, so that's bad.

:think:

About to say the same thing... Graphics look horrid for this generation of consoles end-life. Yikes.

Nolan North is playing Deadpool, so that's good. Graphics don't look good, so that's bad.

:think:

Yeah those images look like they haven't even been rendered properly. Hopefully that's not the in-game graphics.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/chris-pratt-to-play-the-lead-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Marvel Studios has cast Chris Pratt (Moneyball, Zero Dark Thirty, Parks and Recreation) as the lead in Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadline reports, though we do not have official studio confirmation yet.

Marvel has been on the search for the right actor to play Star-Lord (Peter Quill) in this wild card of their cinematic universe for months.

The outlet reports that studio made “test deals with Zero Dark Thirty‘s Joel Edgerton, Boardwalk Empire‘s Jack Huston, Cloud Atlas‘ Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace (who has roles in both Lincoln and The Hobbit), and Eddie Redmayne from Les Miserables. More recently, Zachary Levi was identified as a candidate. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was pursued, but he has other plans.” They are ultimately betting on Pratt to headline this next franchise. James Gunn is set to direct the actor as the leader of the Guardians who is the child of an alien father and human mother.

What do you think of the casting choice?

Based on the Marvel comic books of the same name, Guardians of the Galaxy features an unlikely cast of characters who must team up in order to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. In the comics, The Guardians team with The Avengers, so there is plenty of speculation about Marvel's ultimate plans as it relates to this next franchise starter.

I could give a fuck if the graphics are not that good in the game, I just want an awesome Deadpool experience.

Also, Edgar Wright gives a minor update on Ant-Man.

Ant-Man is the one Marvel film that has been the most talked about with very little to actually show for it. A script has been written by Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish and everyone at Marvel Studios is reportedly pleased with it. There's a release date (November 6, 2015) and it's scheduled to kick off "Phase 3" of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Test footage for the film was shown at last year's San Diego Comic-Con (see a recreation of it by clicking here), but still there's no big details on the film.

Speaking to IGN, director Edgar Wright talked about the hold-up and why he's waited so long to get into it.

“I’ve been collaborating with [Marvel Studios Producer] Kevin [Feige] during the whole of that cycle. I think people have always assumed… ‘Oh why is it taking so long to make?’ Part of it is because I wanted to make two other movies first. I wanted to make World’s End… me and Simon were very keen to make it and it felt like it was unfinished business and we wanted to wrap up the trilogy. The script came together really fast. Well not really fast, but it came together at a certain point where it was like ‘I really want to do this next.’

“But to be honest, the later I do it, it feels like I could learn more, especially about special effects. It’s a big effects movie, so I’m pleased to go into it having done Scott Pilgrim and The World’s End because you’re always learning more about that side.”

Though the film will probably share some connection with The Avengers sequel and the rest of "Phase 3," Wright says the film can stand on its own.

“It’s a way of doing a superhero film within another genre. I wanted to tell an origin tale in a slightly different way. It’s part of the Marvel cinematic universe, but it also feels like its own piece.”

Are you excited for the 2015 release? Sound off below!

That snippet is right... Too much talk and not a lot getting done. Expectations should be low until further notice.

Exactly. We shouldn't be talking about it so much. If we do, by the time it comes out, expectations are just going to be impossible to meet.

There is so much hype and excitement around the MCU that every movie is going to get talked about a lot. I'm really excited to see what they have planned for Doctor Strange even though it was just recently "announced."

I've read more about Ant Man than I have Iron Man 3. That's ridiculous. lol

I hear shit about Iron Man 3 every day lol. The Captain America movie is the only one that I'm not hearing much about, excpet that they recently hired a new female lead. Likely Sharon Carter.

So, I've been spending time reading my new comics on my day off an it has me thinking about the best titles Marvel has out right now.

I think The Superior Spider-Man is the most exciting book right now. I was very skeptical of it, but I've enjoyed reading this new take on big characters. Issue three was exciting and it was nice to see Ock's take on going up against a classic Spidey rogue in Vulture, you saw some of the morality he has, but he is still extreme with it. I think the story will get better as it goes too.

The Avengers titles are good so far too. The main Avengers book has a nice team full of characters that people may not know much about like Sunspot and Cannonball and classics like Captain America, Iron Man and Thor. Uncanny Avengers is awesome too, but Marvel is too slow in releasing issues and it is slowing down the plot. I really love New Avengers as much as any title except for Spidey right now. The Illuminati in a post-Prof. X world, how Black Panther and Namor deal with each other after Namor destroyed Wakanda in AvX. Now it appears they will be dealing with Galactus very very soon.

The X-Men stuff is pretty good, All-New X-Men is the best so far for me. The original X-Men being brought to the present by Beast to try and save Cyclops, etc etc. Cable and X-Force has been pretty meh to me though, I'm buying it to see how Colossus and Hope are after the events of AvX, but it looks like a slow moving book without much substance. I'm enjoying X-Men Legacy too, though I knew very little about Legion before reading this.

As for the individual books. Iron Man has been a huge disappointment to me, but hopefully it picks up. Captain America and The Indestructible Hulk are both nice new takes on their characters and I'm liking the ongoing plot of Thor: The God of Thunder with Borr the God Butcher. Deadpool is always fun and I'm so glad Daniel Way isn't writing terrible Deadpool books anymore. The whole undead presidents thing is fun to me, it is more Deadpool than the previous books, but it can still be better. I was enjoying Gambit but the past few issues have sucked. I like the whole Fantastic Four/FF thing going on too. Espcially FF, it is surprisingly one of my favorite books after I was skeptical of even looking into it.

The book I'm most disappointed with is Thunderbolts. As soon as they announced it, I got giddy looking at the team. Red Hulk, Deadpool, Punisher, Venom and Elektra? Bad-ass. But the book itself is just terrible so far. Daniel Way is writing it and this guy is a dunce. The art comes off cartoonish too.

In general I'm digging Marvel NOW!, and there is more to come. The new Guardians of the Galaxy book looks exciting, and they even have Iron Man on the roster. Which I don't know if it is a good thing or not, but it is interesting. The next big event, Age of Ultron, looks awesome too. I'm excited about reading all these books. :yep:

Edited by Milla4Prez63

The CW has renewed Arrow for a 2nd season. Whoot.

Arkham 3 is coming out this year.

Where is the best possible place that Warner Bros. could hide the official announcement for the follow-up to Batman: Arkham City? In the 2012 Q4 Earnings conference call. Buried in this wall of text is confirmation that the third "Arkham" game will be released this year.

Chief Financial Officer and Chief Administrative Officer John K. Martin let the announcement slip: "We also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013."

Earlier this year, it was reported that the "Arkham City" follow-up would feature the Justice League, feature Batman and the Joker's first meeting, and be heavily influenced by the 'Silver Age' comics of the 1950s. At the time, it was speculated that Warner Bros. Interactive wanted the Justice League to feature in the game to create better awareness for the eventual film adaptation; however, now that the film appears to be in trouble could these plans change?

Check back here for more details on the game as they're revealed.

Boner achieved.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/14/peter-dinklage-joins-x-men-days-of-future-past

Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage has joined the ever-growing ensemble cast of X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Dinklage's casting was announced by director Bryan Singer today via Twitter.

While Singer didn't say what role Dinklage would play, it is a pretty safe bet he's been cast as Puck, aka Eugene Judd, a member of Canada's superhero team Alpha Flight.

Puck was a dwarf with a cauliflower ear and an old friend of Wolverine's from their days in Canadian intelligence. He is a hand-to-hand combatant and acrobat best known for his cartwheeling. Besides his work as a secret agent, Puck's also been a bouncer and a soldier of fortune.

Now for a Humblebrag: Watch my interview with Hugh Jackman below where I pitch him on the idea of Dinklage as Puck in The Wolverine. Yes, I am taking credit for this if he is indeed playing Puck!

X-Men: Days of Future Past opens July 18, 2014.

I'm starting to wonder if the cast may be too big for this movie. But I'm excited anyways.

More comic BS, since I'm bored. It is my day off so I'm trying to catch up. I still need to read my World War Hulk collection, Avengers #5 (I need #4 first), Uncanny X-Men #1 (I have a Deadpool State Bird variant, freakin' awesome) and Fantastic Four #4.

I'm excited about a lot of future Marvel stuff. Mainly Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy. Marvel is hyping up GoTG ads in their books as the "one" Marvel series you MUST buy. Obviously, they want interest in the team up for next year's movie, but the word on the street is it will be a pretty epic book. The team for the series will be Star Lord, Iron Man, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Drax and Groot. I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/15/jason-momoa-reportedly-cast-in-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy

The casting on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy continues, with Jason Momoa reportedly winning the role of the green-skinned Drax the Destroyer.

Latino Review, who are having quite a day between this and their Han Solo scoop, says that the Conan and Game of Thrones actor was in London to screen-test for the part on Wednesday. Isaiah Mustafa, Dave Bautista and Brian Patrick reportedly also tested for the role, but according to LR's sources, "Momoa’s screen test went so good that Marvel offered him the part and his reps have now countered, so the negotiations are ongoing."

Of course, this casting has not been confirmed by Marvel, but LR has a solid track record with such scoops, particularly when breaking news regarding the House of Ideas' films.

I like this casting. Momoa has proven that he can play the bad-ass while also bringing a nice touch of pathos to a role (see Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones). And that fits with Drax well. But what do you guys say? Let's talk in the comments!

Preview of the new Spider-Man costume for next year's movie. Looks awesome. :yep:

spidermansmallnew.jpg

:megusta:

Before I neg you, I will let you prove that was an accident or not.

I'm no Spider Man enthusiast or anything, but I think that picture looks pretty cool, IMO.