Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

They've announced the next Batman Arkham game. :megusta:

Warner Bros. has announced the next title in the Batman: Arkham franchise will be Batman: Arkham Origins, currently in development for the PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.

It's currently slated for release on October 25 this year, but there's no mention of the game appearing on next-gen consoles.

The game, which is the subject of Game Informer's latest cover, will not be developed by Rocksteady Studios this time around, instead being worked on in-house at Warner Bros. Games Montreal.

The new development team will be using many of the assets that Rocksteady has used in the past, including its customised Unreal engine so as to try and avoid any discrepancies in the aesthetic of the franchise. Eric Holmes, lead designer of games including The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction and Prototype, is heading up the project.

The game will apparently take place long before both of the existing Arkham titles, when a young and inexperienced Batman will encounter many familiar villains for the first time. As can be seen in the Game Informer imagery, the assassin Deathstroke will be one such foe, making his core Arkham game debut.

So, Injustice: Gods Among Us came out today. Incase anyone doesn't know it, it is a DC-based fighting game. Looks cool so far. It has 24 playable characters (12 heroes, 12 villains)

Heroes

Aquaman

Batman

Cyborg

Flash

Green Arrow

Green Lantern

Hawkgirl

Nightwing

Raven

Shazam

Superman

Wonder Woman

Villains

Ares

Bane

Black Adam

Catwoman

Deathstroke

Doomsday

Harley Quinn

Joker

Killer Frost

Lex Luthor

Sinestro

Solomon Grundy

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/16/michael-rooker-joins-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Michael Rooker, hot off his turn as Merle in The Walking Dead, has joined the cast of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. Rooker will play Yondu, one of the original Guardians from the comics.

Deadline has the report on Rooker's casting, which is no surprise at all considering the actor's friendship with director James Gunn. The pair have worked together previously on Slither and Super.

What is surprising is the inclusion of Yondu at all. In the comics he was part of the first team called the Guardians of the Galaxy, the group from (an alternate reality version of) the 31st century whose membership consisted of various creatures who were the last of their race. Yondu hailed from Centauri-IV and was a bow-and-arrow "tribal" type. This is an entirely different team from the one we know the Marvel film will focus on, including Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

Is it too much to hope now for a Vance Astro appearance as well, complete with Captain America's shield from the future?

Sold. Movie gonna be awesome. :yep:

Sources are saying that Joss Whedon has Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in his script for Avengers 2. Obviously, they will have to re-write their background stories but it is an interesting concept.

Iron man 3 just finished. In the theater waiting on post credit scene. Movie was tits.

So, a more in depth review of Iron Man 3 now that I'm home and have had time to think about it.

-It was awesome to see Tony having to rely on himself and not just the suits for a part of the movie. It kind of expanded on the character really well.

-Pepper was awesome too, she had some real badass scenes in the movie.

-Huge, HUGE plot twist in this movie. I'll talk about it a little bit in the spoiler tags

Stark tracks down the Mandarin only to realize he is just a drunken British actor acting as a false front for AIM and Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce's character, the real main villain). It was a massive surprise to me, and I didn't know what to think of it. Mandarin has always been Iron Man's biggest foe and this was an odd way to go with the character. I was expecting Ben Kinglesy to play an Osama bin Laden version of the character, but instead you get him playing Russell Brand pretty much lol. But it didn't ruin the movie for me.

-Action and CGI were top notch, as expected.

-Acting was great and it feels like you see some real development of Stark's character.

-The post credits scene was kind of lame, so lame that I won't even bother spoiler tagging it. It is just Stark talking to Bruce Banner (Ruffalo). Nothing about the future of the MCU was hinted at, and the rest of the universe really wasn't even mentioned much period. Stark mentions New York a few times and I remember Killian mentioning Thor, but this was a true stand alone film.

I'd give 8.5/10.

Better than 2, but worse than 1?

In response to Milla's spoiler tags...

I hated the plot twist. I felt like they played up The Mandarin to be this badass, exciting villain, and I was looking forward to seeing he and Iron Man go at it. I love Guy Pearce, but he was disappointing as a villain compared to what The Mandarin was played up to be.

Better than 2, but worse than 1?

That'd be my opinion. :yep:

I liked it better than the first despite the twist, mainly because I felt the opening act of the film stretched out way too long.

Lulz. Just gonna keep everything in spoilers.

This is the worst twist in movie history. Okay, maybe not that far. But all the trailers and talk about Ben playing the Mandarin. I was SO PUMPED UP. The whole line (which is also in the trailers) that he delivers, "Youuuu will neverrrr see me commming." I was silently fist pumping in the air. Like THAT is what I wanted from Ben and that character.

Huge fucking waste of my life. I literally couldn't stop laughing when Tony finds him -- and not laughing in a "haha this is great" kind of way. More like "Haha, I can't believe these fucks actually just did this"

Terrible. That alone puts it beneath 1 and all things considered with the rest of the film, I'd say 3 > 1 if the Mandarin is played out. Fucking hell man.

Loved the dynamic with Tony and Harley. Good stuff, although they didn't develop it much at the beginning, which the film needed, IMO. They went from meeting to best friends in the matter of one scene. Just felt like something was missing.

Pepper is no longer completely worthless, which is nice. The scene with her towards the end taking out Killian was sweet.

Don Cheadle is still a disappointing Rhodey.

Whatever that botonist chicks name is who discovered the process, she sucked. Not the actress, but the character herself. They didn't write her very well and she was all over the map. She's good, intelligent and moral one second. Then shows signs of being evil (yes, I realize this was many years later) but is actually not almost all the way evil. Just bad, really, IMO.

And I know I have said this before but... I really really hate Favreau. He ruins every scene he is in (maybe this is just my blinding hatred for the man) in my opinion. When Tony said something about him being in a coma (although I don't think he was), I was like WOOOO, we won't have to see him again until the end when he undoubtedly pulls through.

Loved seeing all the different suits. Just wish there was some fucking light on that freighter so we could actually see them.

And unlike Milla I loved the scene post-credits. Thought it was hilarious. Thought about just skipping it after the credits rolled for 20 minutes, but glad I stayed.

I focused a lot on the negative, mostly because I think a lot of people know the positives. RDJ is the bomb, perfect Stark. Great action scenes with amazing FX. Everything from the flying pieces of armor to the glowing hot veins of the infected enemies to the effect they used when regenerating their limbs. So sweet. Loved the music although half of it seemed to be christmas themed :laugh: . And one of the greatest parts of these movies is the script. There is business they have to get to, yes, but they work in so many awesome jokes and comedic relief scenes that the awesomeness is just ramped up x1000000000.

Thus. Overall, I would say it's better than 1.... If Ben Kingsley didn't get fucking raped in the ass with a damn spiked dildo and no lube. Also no courtesy reach-around. BULLSHIT.

/rant

/BenKingsley'sCareer

Edited by Favre4Ever

I was honestly shocked and annoyed by the twist, but I still enjoyed the shit out of the movie despite it. It could've been better, but it was still awesome. Plus, it's 175 million dollar opening weekend lands it as the #2 opening box office weekend of all time behind....The Avengers. Marvel Studios is just rolling around in money lol.

On another note, a rumor is spreading that David Tennant is in talks with Marvel Studios to voice Rocket Raccoon.

OH ya. I still enjoyed it a lot. As I said, all in all, I probably thought it was the best of the series.

However, there is something about talking the one of the most vile and evil villain in not only IM lore, but all of comic book lore and they turned him into a complete and utter joke.

Killian was a nice villain but lacked the X Factor you need. He wasn't really "big boss" / "main villain" material.

They goofed, big time. Too bad it wasn't a smaller goof.

Edited by Favre4Ever

They did a good job misdirecting us all though, from all the trailers featuring Kingsley so much to Guy Pearce talking about how his role is pretty much a glorified cameo. Which I bought since his character, Aldrich Killian, was just a scientist who killed himself after selling Extremis to terrorists in the comics.

Btw, some updates about the future of films.

-Obviously, I already posted the rumor of Tennant voice RR and the Maximoff kids being in Avengers 2.

-When discussing Daredevil's rights reverting back to Marvel Studios, it was also revealed that Ghost Rider rights were sent to Marvel as well. Interesting since a movie was made recently enough for Sony to keep the rights, but it is probable they just handed them over since the movies sucked and they didn't want mess with it anymore. The rights to Blade are also back in the hands of Marvel. Leaving the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man as the only big Marvel players with movie rights owned by other companies.

-Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirmed that they are in the early stages of developing a Doctor Strange film.

-He said they are not currently developing Iron Man 4 and have no clue of Robert Downey, Jr.'s future with Marvel.

-It is also revealed that Edgar Wright is re-writing his Ant-Man script to better fit the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is still set to be released in 2015 and Feige said casting could begin as early as this winter.

-Marvel is looking into doing a film about a female character, leading to speculation that a Ms. Marvel film could join Ant-Man and Doctor Strange for Phase 3.

-Zoe Saldana confirmed she will be playing Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy.

-Chronicle star Michael B. Jordan is rumored to follow director Josh Trank to the Fantastic Four reboot as it's Johnny Storm. It would be an interesting and controversial choice as the character has never been African American in any form before.

-There appears to be some momentum slowly growing for a Wonder Woman movie. It is unsure if this effects the planned Justice League project for 2015.

-While Wonder Woman appears to be gaining momentum, the long rumored Justice League movie seems to be losing steam. Coincidence?

So a lot of news on the Marvel front, DC is still oddly quiet.

-Marvel is looking into doing a film about a female character, leading to speculation that a Ms. Marvel film could join Ant-Man and Doctor Strange for Phase 3.

CONFIRMED: Marvel Studios is developing a Ms. Marvel movie as well as a Blade reboot and Avengers 3.

Ooo, Blade. Ooo, Avengers. LMAO Ms. Marvel. Stay away from lame movies, please.

That TMNT movie is just destined to suck.

On another note, Arrow is getting damn good. Season finale next week, I can't wait.

Latest set photos from the new TMNT movie that just started shooting:

http://www.superherohype.com/gallery/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-set-photos/page1/catpage1#category

Megan Fox is looking gooood :yep:

Didn't help Transformers.

Didn't help Transformers.

True hahaha...

I have no idea who Michael B. Jordan is, but he has to be a good actor.

Or does he...

• Upvote 1

I've never met a Michael Jordan that wasn't awesome.

So, I saw IM3 today.

I love RDJ.

Were I a comic book purist, this movie would probably anger me. But I'm not, so I find all of the rage over it to be quite funny. I had already planned to come in here today after I saw the movie and complain about the fact that people were saying there was a twist (even the knowledge of a twist, even if you don't know the details, ruins things) but the way the twist was handled was just outstanding. And honestly, I'm kinda glad the twist happened. I'm not sure how well a Tony/Mandarin faceoff would've been handled. Probably would've had some cool dialogue (though really, the hell kind of accent is that, Ben?), but what the Mandarin was before the reveal was a bad caricature and wouldn't have led to anything of value, IMO

Cast was solid as usual. RDJ is awesome. Paltrow was good. Favreau's character was really entertaining. The weakest link was Tony's ex, but I'll take it if there's only one bad, or disappointing, character in a movie.

Greatest opening to a film that I can think of. Eiffel 65? Brilliant.

A lot funnier than I expected going into it. A lot of genuinely funny parts.

As with most movies, it would've benefited from a few extra minutes. More time with the other suits (That fight scene is one of the greatest things in the movie. More time pre-combat, or even post-combat would've been nice, but alas.), and there could've been more exposition with the President/V.P., but again, for reveal purposes I suppose it works.

In the end, I'm not sure I can put it above IM1 (Jeff Bridges FTW), but I can put it as its equal. At the very least, it's better than IM2.

Edited by Vin

I have a feeling the comic book movie fad will phase out before Marvel will get to make all the movies they're currently developing, but there's no sign of slowing down yet. We'll see.

Anybody else seen this? Yay? Nay?

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay

yay yay yay yay