Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

That movie is going to suck so bad. Might be the beginning of the end for this golden era of Superhero films.

Ant-Man is coming out early! Release date moved up to July 31st, 2015. The sooner the better, right JD? :smug:

Joss Whedon's Agents of SHIELD show debuted tonight. Wasn't overly impressed tbh. But with Whedon and Marvel on board....I'll be patient.

3 episodes into Agents of SHIELD and I'm still not impressed. Early on it looks like a typical TV action drama and is lacking that Marvel feel I'm hoping for. All you really get is lame references to the films like "Omg I haven't seen anything this crazy since Thor's hammer!" just to remind people this is supposedly a Marvel show. They did introduce Graviton in tonight's episode which was kinda neat, but what could they do with him on this show? I'd like to see more Marvel characters not capable of carrying films introduced rather than Coulson and a bunch of lame characters I don't care about. It says a lot that this show's best moment is a 30 second cameo by Samuel L. Jackson.

Yea milla. Still waiting for it to get better but I agree with you

You were expecting too much if all you are in it for is to get a bunch of big name heroes duking it on TV every week. It's not why they made the show, and you should just stop watching right now, if that is what you are looking for.

Joss Whedon makes off kilter cheesy TV shows that develop a cult following. This seems no different.

You were expecting too much if all you are in it for is to get a bunch of big name heroes duking it on TV every week. It's not why they made the show, and you should just stop watching right now, if that is what you are looking for.

Joss Whedon makes off kilter cheesy TV shows that develop a cult following. This seems no different.

I'm not expecting big name heroes and villains. But I want more than a boring action drama thriller with uninteresting characters. I hate the hacker chick and that she's turned into the show's main character rather than Coulson. The Asian girl has really done nothing in the show at all and looks kind of pointless. The fake Emma Watson and Simon Pegg are incredibly annoying and I'm already sick of all the fake "smart tech talk." The only non-Coulson character I find somewhat interesting is that other dude and that is only because he's a badass. I'm intrigued to hear more about what REALLY happened to Coulson after The Avengers, because they really are hinting at there being more to that. But everything else is genuinely uninteresting. I'm only going to keep watching hoping for a break through episode.

But while we are on live action comic shows, Season 2 of Arrow premiered tonight and that is an awesome show. I love that we're going to get a lot more DC lore into this season. Black Canary has already shown up, the League of Assassins are showing up and The Flash has been confirmed. Not to mention Deathstroke has yet to really play out. I'm excited for this show.

That was about as good of a Joker I've heard done other than Hamill.

Also, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are supposedly frontrunners to land the Ant-Man lead.

Can we trade those two in and get other people?

• Upvote 1

Those people are awful... They want the movie to suck, too, it looks like.

Also, I agree Milla. That's a pretty great Joker. You can tell he takes a lot of influence from Hamil, but being that Mark IS the Joker to me.. I am totally okay with that. You don't need to revolutionize the Joker...

Troy Baker is the same guy who did Snow in Final Fantasy XIII. Dat Range.

Wow, Arrow just got a billion times more interesting and it already was to begin with.

So, Arkham Origins...so far, awesome. Rocksteady not being involved hasn't hurt it too much. My only complaint is about Deathstroke. His fight came way too early and was anti-climatic. I'm hoping there is another encounter, but I doubt it. He fights way too much like Batman in challenge map too. At least in Arkham City you had notable differences between him, Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing. I kinda wish they still had Riddler trophies too, those were fun and time consuming.

Ya, Arrow has been pretty awesome since the clunker of a premiere, IMO. :yep:

So Anthony Mackie is playing Falcon? Awesome. Love Anthony Mackie.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson from Kick-Ass has been confirmed as Quicksilver for the Avengers sequel.

Kinda crazy how I recognize so many characters from Arrow I can relate back to Teen Titans. Granted so far there's only two that I'm aware of, once I saw the newly revealed super vilain I instantly remembered him for the rape he put on Cyborg in that TV series.

The show so far this season has been too good, I feel like it's setting me up for a major letdown down the line. I was litterally nerding up and down the room after this past one.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I saw Thor finally on Monday night. Awesome movie, but my complaint is similar to the first with Jane Foster. Her and Thor's romance is too damned forced. What reason am I supposed to buy into that these two are so madly in love? Tom Hiddleston is just too damn epic as Loki though. The ending was pretty cool and open ended enough to set up a 3rd film.