Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Ryan Reynolds was in Green Lantern and Wolverine Origins (lol probably the two worst comic book movies since Batman & Robin). James Marsden played Cyclops in the X-Men original trilogy and he had a role in Superman Returns. Tommy Lee Jones was Two-Face in Batman Forever and played the colonel in the first Captain America movie. Halle Berry did Storm and that dogshit Catwoman movie (might actually be worse than Reynolds' two dogshit movies).

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there have been a bunch of cases.

EDIT: Just thought of Josh Brolin, who is going to be the voice of Thanos and played in Jonah Hex.

Edited by CHICK-MIL-A

More than I thought. Honestly couldn't think of any.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/6/7/22643/director_peyton_reed_and_writer_adam_mckay_join_marvels_ant-man

When Marvel's "Ant-Man" hits theaters July 17, 2015, director Peyton Reed will help shepherd the hero into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a cast led by Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas, with writer Adam McKay contributing to the film's script.

Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang (Rudd) must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas), protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.

I really hate the old man Pym story, I'm leaning towards the this movie is not going to be good camp. I don't expect it to be Green Lantern bad, but this will probably end up weak. We'll see what Reed can do though.

I also just remembered Michael Fassbender was in Jonah Hex so there's another Marvel/DC crossover actor. Also, if you count V for Vendetta then you could add Hugo Weaving and Natalie Portman to the mix.

Another awesome rare comic book into Chick-Mil-A's collection.

post-7127-0-53270700-1402521063_thumb.jpg

When are we getting a Green Lantern reboot. Seriously.

EDIT

Just read Dwayne Johnson could play GL in Justice League.. Not sure how old that rumor is.. but PLEASE NO. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DONT DO THIS TO ME.

Why can nobody cast Green Lantern. COME THE FUCK ON. I am about to get pissed off.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I haven't seen any serious rumors about that. It wouldn't surprise me though since DC/WB sucks at casting for their movies.

I'm bored, so I decided to do a quick list of the top 10 WORST superhero movies.

10.Blade Trinity
9.Fantastic Four
8.Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
7.Spider-Man 3
6.Green Lantern
5.Ghost Rider
4.Catwoman
3.X-Men Origins: Wolverine
2.Superman IV
1.Batman & Robin

Spirit of Vengeance is so much worse than the first one.

And I actually liked Origins for what it was; a fun, silly superhero movie. Plus I thought Jackman and Schreiber worked pretty well together.

Steel doesn't make the list because I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it belongs on there. I just refuse to watch any Shaq movie.

What great timing...

But while Finke stresses that the situation's still in flux, she says that 'Dawn Of Justice' will be followed up with a "Shazam" movie in July 2016 (which may well be the DC property that Dwayne Johnson has been hinting at, and which has a release date that puts it directly in conflict with an as-yet unannounced Marvel movie). ThenJoseph Gordon-Levitt's adaptation of "Sandman," a fairly risky prospect, will hit that Christmas, squaring off with Gareth Edwards' "Star Wars" movie.

Beyond that, 2017 will bring the main event of a "Justice League" movie in May before "Wonder Woman" finally gets a solo picture that July (presumably starring Gal Gadot), while that Christmas will see an as-yet untitled movie teaming up The Flash and Green Lantern, the latter of whom will NOT be played by Ryan Reynolds. And finally (for now), a direct sequel to "Man Of Steel" will hit in May 2018, five years after the first film. It's an ambitious schedule, with three movies a year seemingly planned, and with "Metal Men" and "Suicide Squad" pictures also mooted at some point too.

The one DC character I'd like to see a movie of is Lobo.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt in a Sandman movie?!!?!

HOLY SHIT.

Milla, have you read Sandman, yet, motherfucker?

JGL is producing the Sandman movie and is rumored to be it's director. Not sure if he will act in it though I'm sure he will in some capacity.

As for reading the novel, no I haven't. I may make it my next graphic novel purchase though. I still have one graphic novel to finish first and I've spent my extra comic money on buying some old comics. But Sandman and a X-Men novel are at the top of my next buy list.

This movie is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/14/report-jason-momoa-will-play-aquaman-in-batman-v-superman-and-justice-league

After a lot of back and forth -- going back many months -- about whether Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones) would play Aquaman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it now looks like the actor will indeed be putting on the green and orange outfit of Arthur Curry.

Hitfix's Drew McWeeney is reporting the news, noting that while Warner Bros. haven't made the official announcement, Hitfix "can confirm that he will be playing the part, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon."

Rumors about Momoa playing Aquaman began last year, but he'd downplayed or outright denied them previously. In fact, when IGN's Roth Cornet spoke to the actor in January, he said, "It's just rumors. I want to say something amazing, but I can't comment on rumors. It's flattering." Momoa than more definitively added, "I'm not involved in it." Indeed, Momoa has continued to deny he was playing Aquaman as recently as last month.

Perhaps at the time IGN spoke to him, Momoa was still in the negotiation stage, and no doubt he's been sworn to secrecy, even as things were solidified, but McWeeney -- who is a proven, trusted source -- now says his involvement is a done deal, and that it will, not shockingly, lead to a bigger role in the Justice League film.

Hitfix goes on to say they also know how Aquaman will be used in Batman v Superman, noting it will piggyback off of the much-discussed (and debated) mass destruction that occurred in Man of Steel. Read on if you want to know the setup for Aquaman, per Hitfix:

Someone else who's not particularly happy about what happened in that film is Aquaman. I'm not sure if that's the actual name they'll use or not, but what we're hearing is that he is not pleased about the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean. He will not have a major role in the film, but he will make an appearance, and it definitely sets him up to return once Snyder gets to "Justice League."

Also, McWeeney is a really unfortunate name.

Honestly... I think this is probably the strongest casting so far, obviously that isn't saying much though. If they give us an Aquaman from Injustice, he should be fine. If they give us a flamboyant fish talker, it will be pretty horrible.

It is a way better casting than their picks for Batman and Luthor. This movie is just going to be bullshit though because it's just gonna be a giant cameo fest. Just make Justice League and dump the whole Batman v Superman thing.

Talked about it in the shout box for a bit, but reports have come out saying that FOX will tease a Deadpool movie at SDCC coming up. They also say Ryan Reynolds is no longer involved and the role will be re-cast.

:ooo:

• Upvote 1

Honestly, the more I see of Guardians, the better it looks. Still don't think Rocket is going to turn out well, but whatever.

DEADPOOL 4 EVA

Brandon Routh has been tabbed as The Atom in the upcoming season(s) of Arrow.

I am not shitting you guys on this: I literally saw the entire 1985 4 issue Rocket Raccoon limited series at a local comic book shop a couple days ago.

$60 for the whole set.

Edited by BigBen07

I have the first issue of that on display in my room. :yep:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/15/5901621/marvels-thor-is-now-a-woman

Marvel's new Thor will be a woman

In an announcement made on ABC's The View this morning, Thor, Marvel's God of Thunder, will be a woman in the comics. The news is a major shift in Marvel's continuity, since Thor is one of the oldest superheroes in the Marvel universe. The new storyline will launch this October, penned by series writer Jason Aaron.

Whoopi Goldberg, The View's moderator, didn't mince words when she talked about the announcement. The character is a god — not a goddess — and will wield Mjolnir (and even the god's name) just like her predecessor, who was deemed unworthy of its power.

https://twitter.com/theviewtv/statuses/489063283811311617

It's currently unclear who exactly is filling the role of Thor going forward, as the original character wasn't gender-swapped. Goldberg did, however, joke that it was her under the helm, saying, "White woman in a fight, black woman to make a living."

The original Thor, as he existed in the comics, was created in 1962 by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber, and Jack Kirby. Sent to Earth by his father Odin to learn the meaning of humility, he lost his memories and took on the identity of Dr. Donald Blake, an ordinary (if disabled) human being. But after holding Mjolnir for the first time, his powers return. The character would eventually become a founding member of the Avengers, and is played by actor Chris Hemsworth in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, this new character will officially take Thor's name as her own later this year.

https://twitter.com/AgentM/statuses/489072025877499904

This isn't the first time another character has taken up Mjolnir and therefore wielded Thor's powers. Beta-Ray Bill, Captain America, and even Superman have at one point managed to prove themselves worthy. You can read the entire press release below:

Marvel is excited to announce an all-new era for the God of Thunder in brand new series, THOR, written by Jason Aaron (Thor: God of Thunder, Original Sin) complimented with art from Russell Dauterman (Cyclops).

This October, Marvel Comics evolves once again in one of the most shocking and exciting changes ever to shake one of Marvel’s "big three" – Captain American, Iron Man and Thor – Marvel Comics will be introducing an all-new THOR, GOD OF THUNDER. No longer is the classic male hero able to hold the mighty hammer, Mjölnir, a brand new female hero will emerge will who will be worthy of the name THOR. Who is she? Where did she come from and what is her connection to Asgard and the Marvel Universe?

"The inscription on Thor’s hammer reads ‘Whosoever holds this hammer, if HE be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.’ Well it’s time to update that inscription," says Marvel editor Wil Moss. "The new Thor continues Marvel’s proud tradition of strong female characters like Captain Marvel, Storm, Black Widow and more. And this new Thor isn’t a temporary female substitute – she’s now the one and only Thor, and she is worthy!"

Series writer Jason Aaron emphasizes, "This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before."

THOR is the latest in the ever-growing and long list of female-centric titles that continues to invite new readers into the Marvel Universe. This female THOR is the 8th title to feature a lead female protagonist and aims to speak directly to an audience that long was not the target for Super Hero comic books in America: women and girls.

MarvelThorWoman3.jpg

My first reaction was to "lol". However, I thought about it and I could see this move having a good upside if she is portrayed in a way like Hawk Girl from the Justice league who I love and the picture reminds me of. This could definitely work in my opinion but they have to get the cast of Thor perfect or it's going to be an epic fail. Boom or bust potential but I hope it's a boom. I think it's an interesting twist and pulled off right, it could be epic. The super hero scene could use some more kick butt women who can go toe to toe with the best of the guys. Like Wonder Women.

Edited by Dutch