Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Gotham was amazing again. The only real knock on the show I have is Barbara. I don't think she's a terrible actress or anything (got damn does she look like a young Michelle Pfeiffer!!!) just her and her lesbian/running away story adds absolutely nothing. Her scene with her parents in this episode was so bad it was hard to watch.

Carmine Falcone is awesome. I think he's my favorite character. Doman is -almost- as bad ass as he was on The Wire. Uggh if only Gotham was an HBO original :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26TRIz2d1m8

:ooo: p.s. - Dat Johnny Cash intro was dope too.

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 1

^^ Flash was pretty good. Though, I'm not real sure why he can't just take the guys guns real fast or why the cops can't shoot them.

Not overly excited about Captain Cold's sister, as she is another one of those lolDC characters. She's pretty cool in the New 52 though.

Flash is so OP that he has to be nerfed in terms of what he can do. You can't just steal the bad guy's weapon! Where's the conflict in that?

This week's episode of Arrow was craycray...

Drama, Resurrection, and they didn't even use the Lazarus Pits! =O

This week's episode of Arrow was craycray...

Drama, Resurrection, and they didn't even use the Lazarus Pits! =O

That's the thing. RESURRECTION? They said it was a realistic show. They're so focused on Flash it's like they don't give a shit about Arrow, which is rightfully so. Time travel is going to be introduced in episode 15 of Flash. What's gonna happen in ep 15 of Arrow? :ooo: LET ME GUESS. Count is gonna be resurrected. Cause lolArrow is terrible. I stopped watching near the end of season 2, especially after the Dexter copy-cat-ending episode.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They'll explain it like he wasn't dead cause the cold preserved his body or some pseudo science BS I'm sure.

I'm not against The Flash, BUT as I've been saying allllll season.....the final fights are just so garbage and anti-climactic.

I'm not against The Flash, BUT as I've been saying allllll season.....the final fights are just so garbage and anti-climactic.

I can understand that, but that's cause these metahumans so far are really weak. Wait until Grodd, Reverse Flash becomes a main villain, the Rogues actually form a team, and I'm sure they'll include other great villains. If Arrow can have Deathstroke, Flash can have a villain from another comic character.

I can understand that, but that's cause these metahumans so far are really weak. Wait until Grodd, Reverse Flash becomes a main villain, the Rogues actually form a team, and I'm sure they'll include other great villains. If Arrow can have Deathstroke, Flash can have a villain from another comic character.

For me it has nothing to do with the villians. It's The Flash that has been super weak and uncreative in these fights. The put try to put this science and logic behind the metahumans...but then the end fight is the most illogical conclusion.

For Example....last episode. Flash is hit with the freeze ray and he is laying in pain like the last time. But somehow in the end he allll of a sudden can take not only the freeze ray, but the heat ray too in order to walk and walk and walk and get them to cross streams. Sooooo stupid!

ARRROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Bar none one of the best shows on television. It was an episode without current day Oliver and it wasn't awful!!!! It was actually awesome. We got development of the new Black Canary (omg, is Laurel not going to be a terrrible character?), development on the Atom (slowly, but surely), Digg and Roy are awesome. Felicity is my bae... Malcolm Merlyn had a really interesting role, IMO...

All while bringing forth this new villain and adversary in Brick... I am both disappointed and excited that Arrow didn't use the Pits... One.. I wanted the end of the episode for Oliver to be slipped into the pit and his fist victoriously punching through and emerging from the ooze before it faded to black.. HOWEVER, this matter of resurrection.. I like because i didn't see it coming at ALL. Unpredictable is good. Very good.

Flash was OK. I liked the story of Iris moving out and my favorite part of the show was actually the (near) end when Barry decides to move back in with Joe.That was pretty cool. The other redeeming quality about this is that it was basically an episode of Prison Break. When you can't be a good show on your own, it's best to turn into a different show. Luckily they picked a good show to turn into... Also, not sure how cool she will be but Golden Glider is played by one of my baes from The Tomorrow People -- Peyton List... Mmmm. And Nick Gonzalez from Sleepy Hollow gonna be in the show as well!

One good thing about the Flash... They realize they have a really weak cast and bring in some really good and plus role players to fill the void.

Peyton List, Nick Gonzalez, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Mark Hamill (eventually)....

And I agree with both Butta and Razor here.... The Flash is one of the most OP characters in the history of comics / super heroes.... So the way we constantly see Barry 'take down' (if thats what you call it) his enemies is so lame. Lmao. Like lamex100. Anti-climatic, as Butta said only begins to describe the lameness. However, of course he is still developing his powers and as Razor mentioned.. having him go full out OP mode all the time isn't smart either.

It's really a delicate balance between too over powered and laughably worthless that the writers are struggling with here. They need to find that balance for this show to really succeed, and right now... they are failing. We had our little taste of a REAL villain who pushes Barry.. and now we are stuck with a bunch of losers that don't push Barry as hard, but he fakes it and pretends like he is being hurt anyway. Haha

• Upvote 1

ARRROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Bar none one of the best shows on television. It was an episode without current day Oliver and it wasn't awful!!!! It was actually awesome. We got development of the new Black Canary (omg, is Laurel not going to be a terrrible character?), development on the Atom (slowly, but surely), Digg and Roy are awesome. Felicity is my bae... Malcolm Merlyn had a really interesting role, IMO...

All while bringing forth this new villain and adversary in Brick... I am both disappointed and excited that Arrow didn't use the Pits... One.. I wanted the end of the episode for Oliver to be slipped into the pit and his fist victoriously punching through and emerging from the ooze before it faded to black.. HOWEVER, this matter of resurrection.. I like because i didn't see it coming at ALL. Unpredictable is good. Very good.

Flash was OK. I liked the story of Iris moving out and my favorite part of the show was actually the (near) end when Barry decides to move back in with Joe.That was pretty cool. The other redeeming quality about this is that it was basically an episode of Prison Break. When you can't be a good show on your own, it's best to turn into a different show. Luckily they picked a good show to turn into... Also, not sure how cool she will be but Golden Glider is played by one of my baes from The Tomorrow People -- Peyton List... Mmmm. And Nick Gonzalez from Sleepy Hollow gonna be in the show as well!

One good thing about the Flash... They realize they have a really weak cast and bring in some really good and plus role players to fill the void.

Peyton List, Nick Gonzalez, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Mark Hamill (eventually)....

And I agree with both Butta and Razor here.... The Flash is one of the most OP characters in the history of comics / super heroes.... So the way we constantly see Barry 'take down' (if thats what you call it) his enemies is so lame. Lmao. Like lamex100. Anti-climatic, as Butta said only begins to describe the lameness. However, of course he is still developing his powers and as Razor mentioned.. having him go full out OP mode all the time isn't smart either.

It's really a delicate balance between too over powered and laughably worthless that the writers are struggling with here. They need to find that balance for this show to really succeed, and right now... they are failing. We had our little taste of a REAL villain who pushes Barry.. and now we are stuck with a bunch of losers that don't push Barry as hard, but he fakes it and pretends like he is being hurt anyway. Haha

1. Flash and Arrow have the same writers, so you're saying the Arrow writers are failing as well. :kobe:

2. You really shouldn't just base your opinion on the Flash fillers. The Flash episodes where the good villains show up are really the only ones worth watching.

Fun fact, the word bae is danish for poop.

1. Flash and Arrow have the same writers, so you're saying the Arrow writers are failing as well. :kobe:

2. You really shouldn't just base your opinion on the Flash fillers. The Flash episodes where the good villains show up are really the only ones worth watching.

1. Nah, they actually have a direction and execute it flawlessly in Arrow. Not in Flash.

2. 'fillers' ? Lol... Weak.

Fun fact, the word bae is danish for poop.

My poops are the best.

1. Nah, they actually have a direction and execute it flawlessly in Arrow. Not in Flash.

2. 'fillers' ? Lol... Weak.

My poops are the best.

Oh well. It don't matter what we think on either show cause Daredevil is probably going to blow them both out of the water in April tbh, lol.

Real or not, seeing that painting get burned in the Flash got me right in the feels as a art enthusiast. I do hope the episode(s) with the Rogues is better then this one though. I loved Captain Cold and Heat Wave dynamic, they work well together.

Hopefully I'll be watching Arrow tonight.

• Upvote 1

Real or not, seeing that painting get burned in the Flash got me right in the feels as a art enthusiast. I do hope the episode(s) with the Rogues is better then this one though. I loved Captain Cold and Heat Wave dynamic, they work well together.

Hopefully I'll be watching Arrow tonight.

Ya, I thought they did as well. I think that goes back to them playing brothers on Prison Break. They already had that on screen chemistry. :yep:

The Clock King needs to join the Rogues too.

Gotham announcing some villains appearing in the show lately.