Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I'm getting really old. I kinda hate that FF trailer just because it's a young cast.

I'm getting really old. I kinda hate that FF trailer just because it's a young cast.

bitch-please_459292.jpg

• Upvote 1

MARVEL: WHERE IS THE HYPE FOR DAREDEVIL? GIVE ME A TRAILER OR SOMETHING!!!!

bitch-please_459292.jpg

I'm probably going to wage a war on young people by the time I'm 30.

• Upvote 1

Vin gonna sit out on his front porch and curse those whipper snappers to pass the time.

gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg

Get off my lawn.

Whedon tells Empire Magazine (quotes via Comic Book Movie) that it’s “very doubtful” he’ll return for the back-to-back third and fourth installments in the saga: the two-volume ‘Avengers: Infinity War.’

"I couldn’t imagine doing this again. It’s enormously hard, and it'd be, by then, a good five years since I created anything that was completely my own. So it’s very doubtful that I would take on the two-part Infinity War movie that would eat up the next four years of my life.

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/joss-whedon-doubts-hell-direct-avengers-infinity-109211076384.html?cmp=ukfb

Kind of knew it was coming, but how unfortunate that it is confirmed. He goes on to say that he doesn't want to completely break away from Marvel Studios... just seems like he has had enough, for the time being.

It has already been pretty much confirmed the Russos are doing Infinity War. The Sony leaks showed they had a conversation with Sony execs stating they are doing that.

Better soak in the good Avengers movies while we can. :smug:

The Russos will probably knock it out of the park like they did with Winter Soldier, and probably will do with Civil War. Joss Whedon is awesome, but the best possible people to replace him are in line to do so. Plus it really doesn't sound like Whedon is all that committed to the Avengers thing anyways. He was skeptical about doing a sequel and only did it because he likes the Ultron story so much, I don't want Whedon doing any movies that he isn't seriously passionate about doing and he doesn't seem all that interested in the Thanos thing.

I don't know about knocking it out of the park. Certainly better than the first installment, though. And the dynamic of the Avengers is a lot different than focusing on a single hero. Also, is Chris Evans walking away?

Well, we'll get a better idea of how the Russos handle a big cast with Civil War. Plus Winter Soldier had a big ensemble cast for a movie that's supposed to be about Captain America.

Also, Chris Evans said in a interview recently he has 4 movies on his contract and he plans on fulfilling it. So that will probably mean Ultron, Civil War and both Infinity Wars. They could easily go with a Bucky as Cap thing or even Falcon. There will probably be a huge shakeup in the MCU after Infinity War anyways.

Well, we'll get a better idea of how the Russos handle a big cast with Civil War. Plus Winter Soldier had a big ensemble cast for a movie that's supposed to be about Captain America.

Also, Chris Evans said in a interview recently he has 4 movies on his contract and he plans on fulfilling it. So that will probably mean Ultron, Civil War and both Infinity Wars. They could easily go with a Bucky as Cap thing or even Falcon. There will probably be a huge shakeup in the MCU after Infinity War anyways.

We are going to have to agree to disagree, because there is no way I will ever concede that Winter Soldier had as many characters that could or have had stand alone films as The Avengers. Did Winter Soldier have a strong SUPPORT cast? Sure... I don't want to see any of them with a real prominent role in any movie... ever. Avengers is full of strong LEADING roles that need a precious balance... Not saying they can't do it, but it's a much bigger challenge than taking a shitty Captain America movie and making it not shitty, IMO.

He signed on for 6 total, I believe.... 3 Caps, 3 avengers should be where it ends... Which leaves Part 2 of Infinity up in the air... I could be wrong though, I haven't slept for a while. Haha. Might look into that.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Well after Winter Soldier he said he has 4 left.

I'm not saying Winter Soldier's cast is similar to Avengers. But they had a lot of prominent characters including two stars from Avengers in the movie and things went smoothly. They have shown us they can do this. I'm not going to have a negative attitude about them until they give me a reason to.

lol Winter Soldier is widely considered the best superhero movie so far. Were arguements for it to be nominated for awards.

Edited by butta55

I'm not sure I've encountered anyone who hated Winter Soldier. I mean, it's such a huge improvement over the first CA movie.

Edited by Vin

I agree with Vin.

I wasn't overly impressed by it, but compared to the first one it was amazing.

Had a nice little nerd moment going back and watching some of the trailers for upcoming movies and noticed a few things....

1) From the very first Age of Ultron trailer there is a shot of Thor yelling while standing shirtless in a pool of water surrounded by rocks that looks identical to the scene in which we saw the bald black woman walking into on the most recent trailer. Maybe this isn't Wakanda? Maybe it's somewhere in Asgard? :think:

2) There is a quick shot tha is probably less than a second in the Fantastic Four trailer that if you pause it you will see what looks like Johnny Storm throwing fire at Sue Storm who is blocking it with her force field. Now we know we didn't see almost any Sue or Reed Richards using their powers, but if you pause it you will see that her force field looks alot like CGI used for whatever machine they created that shoots out this blue like waves. Also why are these two fighting?

3) In the same Fantastic Four trailer if you pause or go slow on the wide scene of the military watching Reed Richards talking to someone laying on the gurney in the hospital or whatever you will see that the person laying there has what looks to be a metal mask or metal face. So we can probably confirm that is Doom he is talking to.

Gotham is getting so good. So frickin good!!!!!! Bullock has a new love interest. The new ME is hot and ready for dissect some corpses... Nygma is maybe my favorite character, so awesome. Penguin lives and Fish is about to dance with a pirate. And Bruce starts down his path to becoming the batman next week it looks like!!!

And this Miss Kringle is ridiculous.. There is SOMETHING going on with her that keeps them going back to her, beyond being Nygma's crush... Is she going to be Harley Quinn, I wonder?

I know it won't happen, but I hope Barbara stays away forever. She sucked.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Line up for the live action Teen Titans show is now public!

As previously reported, Dick Grayson will appear on the series though the outlet notes that he begins the pilot episode as Robin and will transition into Nightwing. A wheelchair-bound Barbara Gordon will also be a member, though she isn’t yet going by the “Oracle” moniker, interesting given she never has been a member of the team in the source material. The Hank Hall and Dawn Granger version of Hawk and Dove are also set to appear and will be a “romantic pairing.” Founding New Teen Titans members Raven and Starfire will also be members of the team in the series.

Honestly, a little weaker than I thought... But still hype!

tumblr_mvmbwkaQYS1roz7s1o1_400.gif