Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Batman has arguably the greatest class of rogues of any hero in any universe. Really don't see why stealing some of the least interesting rogues from arguably the best and most diverse, defined group of rogues/villains is such a bad thing. Especially when Arrow also uses rogues from the actual Green Arrow stories. And especially when shows, and movies before and to come do the same.

Shows like, the Flash has the luxury of having far more interesting cast of rogues then the Arrow, as well as being a far more interesting, diverse, and well defined character himself.

If anything CW should be praised for making one of the worst heroes (of at least, the heroes everyone knows) into entertaining television.

This is my biggest problem with her return. She was COMPLETELY gutted. I'm not ready to buy that she was just sowed back together like it was nothing.

Although I guess it is possible in Marvel as Deadpool also has that regeneration ability and he's detached his own limbs, innards and used them as weapons. Although, why then would she need to be sowed up if it was just regeneration?

Least interesting in the Batman rogues? Are you kidding me right now? Ra's in case you didn't know was in Batman Begins.... Deathstroke is also pretty popular as well. Arrow is banking off of Batman. It's a valid reason to not like the show.

The changes are minuscule at best. Actually, the movie version looks a lot cooler :yao:

AoS is my favorite out of the super shows. Idk I probably failed to mention that in the midst of Flash ramblings. The end of the episode before last was amazing. Finally some real powers. I love the woman who plays Sky's mom, when I knew who it was I figured she'd have more of a role to play in the show. She played a Vampire Princess on the Syfy show Being Human and was very very good.

If you're not averse to watching things on your computer... I'm sure there's many places where you could stream it online.

That's your opinion though. As it is my opinion that Marvel is flopping this year. I'm only excited for Daredevil. You can get excited about the Avengers facing an army of robots for the fucking SECOND time though, cause tbh I look forward to Fantastic Four and anything other than Avengers or Ant-Man. Civil War I'll go see though most definitely.

AoS is my favorite out of the super shows. Idk I probably failed to mention that in the midst of Flash ramblings. The end of the episode before last was amazing. Finally some real powers. I love the woman who plays Sky's mom, when I knew who it was I figured she'd have more of a role to play in the show. She played a Vampire Princess on the Syfy show Being Human and was very very good.

Commander Gonzalez was also in Syfy's Battlestar Gallactica which is my favorite show of all time, and he was by far and away the best part of the show. It got even better for me when they introduced him.

Least interesting in the Batman rogues? Are you kidding me right now? Ra's in case you didn't know was in Batman Begins.... Deathstroke is also pretty popular as well. Arrow is banking off of Batman. It's a valid reason to not like the show.

Deathstroke is not popular to anyone outside of the comic book fans. When I watched Arrow back at school the only reason why anyone who were into it season 2 only knew him from Teen Titans, everyone called him "Slade".

The same goes for Ra's who is only known to a lot of people who are familiar with comic books. If it wasn't for Batman Begins Ra's would be a B list villain at best in terms of how well he's known.

None of that changes the fact that Arrow in of itself is a great show. And it's not like they are destroying these character's or painting them in a bad light. People LOVED season two because of how Deathstroke was portrayed. And they so far Ra's has been again one of the bright spots. Seems like making a big deal out of nothing.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Ya, honestly... Deathstroke is one of my favorite villains ever, but I think 90% of people are going to recognize him from Teen Titans -- NOT Batman, lol. Not only that, but it's not like they haven't established some connections with Oliver Queen before. Deathstroke, at this moment, is one of Green Arrow's biggest rivals. Bar none. No, I didn't say "Deathstroke is one of Batman's greatest rivals who is now on Arrow"...Deathstroke isn't anywhere near one of Batman's greatest rivals / enemies. Not even close. Lol.

Ra's on the other end is definitely cemented in Batman lore and forever will be recognized as one of Bruce Wayne's greatest foes. However... I still don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. :shifty: Ra's is a great character, a great villain, and Arrow has done him more than any kind of justice he deserves. He fits so incredibly well into everythig....

• Upvote 1

10995920_872636579463156_623243386430312

More excited for Suicide Squad than BvS. Especially if its a Carrie Kelly robin with batman.

11127566_823629847685563_246559731598011

First image of Ant Man villain Yellow Jacket. In other news, the movie will be premiering not in movie theaters but as a one-off special on National Geographic.

That first action scene in Daredevil. I'm in love. Just love the way he flips over bullets lol.

Spoilers dude :notamused:

well, that wasn't really a spoiler, but fair point going forward, I'd rather not have to avoid this thread until I get through the full season, especially since I probably won't start it until next week

Spoilers dude :notamused:

Seriously? You're sounding like me now lol.

Like oochy said this is unique situation in which everyone can be at any point of the season at any time. And I don't want to avoid the thread either.

I saw the first two episodes of Daredevil last night, it's definitely darker and grittier than anything Marvel has done before.

• Upvote 1

I saw the first two episodes of Daredevil last night, it's definitely darker and grittier than anything Marvel has done before.

Can't talk about it here Milla. Everyone gets butthurt, even if you didn't post a spoiler. :badass:

post whatever you want, just use spoiler tags and indicate what episode you're talking about above the spoiler

just want to make sure I know what I'm doing

• Upvote 1

Oochy.....Thank you for breaking it down for Sparty. :smug:

Now let me practice what we preach.

Episode 1:

:panic: :panic: :panic:

And DAT tasteful side boob DOE

Episode 1:

The first action scene was so badass. It's like Captain America level shit, lol. No kingpin (yet). I don't see why they kept him a secret in the first episode, like lulz he's in the god damn trailers and I just found it unnecessary. And what a cop-out to not even show us the full accident. Maybe there's a secret to it we'll found out later on

Btw Felicity and Laurel I can't fully pay attention to this show :shifty:

]\I like how it's darker than anything marvel has put out in the movies, but to me it's kind of slow right now.

Edited by McTater

]\I like how it's darker than anything marvel has put out in the movies, but to me it's kind of slow right now.

It's a slow burn. I'm sure we'll get going the farther we go.

About Daredevil...

The guy who committed suicide after saying Kingpin's name? I was like, aw hell nah.

And speaking of Kingpin... That man has nooooooooo chill. Lmao.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I CAN'T STAND THEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :temper:

Also.....

SHIVA KAMINI SOMA KANDAKRAM!!! :ooo:

Edited by butta55

Okay well, I decided to go see Ultron anyway. Want to see Cap's shield get broken. :yep:

Daredevil is a great show. Great casting, great writing... As I said after watching the trailers, I really just love the setting of Hell's Kitchen. It's perfect for this modicum of entertainment. And the way they shoot it is just phenomenal. Dark, gritty, brutal... Love it.

• Upvote 1

Holy shit, this is going to suck so much.