Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

For whatever you think about DC or however this attempt at the universe turns out. I don't think there is any denying that the greatest potential to dominate is on the DC side if done right.

After a 2min trailer I honestly can't care much about what is coming up for the Avengers or their Civil War. And I love the MCU.

Edited by butta55

Me when Barry popped up on The Arrow

oh-my-god-o.gif

For whatever you think about DC or however this attempt at the universe turns out. I don't think there is any denying that the greatest potential to dominate is on the DC side if done right.

After a 2min trailer I honestly can't care much about what is coming up for the Avengers or their Civil War. And I love the MCU.

IDK about you guys, but I honestly haven't been this excited for a superhero movie... Ever. The teaser was pretty much to me, what the Star Wars trailer was for other people.... And this was just a teaser. >_>

And it's a whole year away. :(

Spawn will always be the best comic book.

The Impaler:
SpawnTheImpaler1.jpg

Redeemer:

redeemer2.jpg

The Disciple:

285597-7799-the-disciple.jpg

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Gonna be interesting to see what the basis for the fight is, and the whole movie for that matter. At least the entirety of the DC universe showing up makes sense now, given the teaser.

I'll never be excited for a film directed by Zack Synder, the idea on paper sounds exciting but I'm not really giving a shit. I hated Man of Steel and a sequel with an old Batman played by Ben Affleck with a robot voice is just not where I want to see DC go with this. I'm fine with them using a veteran Batman in their new movie universe because we've seen the origin story a billion times, but I don't want it to be a Dark Knight Returns style thing they are going for.

Also, there wasn't enough in the trailer for me to make judgement on really. Just not getting hyped about this.

• Upvote 1

Marvel Fanboys don't always hate, but when they do, they hate hard :cigar:

Gonna be interesting to see what the basis for the fight is, and the whole movie for that matter. At least the entirety of the DC universe showing up makes sense now, given the teaser.

I think a large portion of the people are going to be looking at Superman as the second coming (leapfrogging on that Jesus is Superman stuff from MoS)... Lex is going to start spreading fear about him, and something's going to cause Batfleck to agree. Batfleck seems like an antagonist.

And then something is going to happen that causes the two to have to work together along with the other heroes we didn't see.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

wCHiPig.jpg

• Upvote 2

Movie is going to be terrible. How anyone actually got excited watching that trailer is beyond me. Still lots of time left though to salvage a sinking ship.

Movie is going to be terrible. How anyone actually got excited watching that trailer is beyond me. Still lots of time left though to salvage a sinking ship.

Your ability to hate is beyond anything I've ever seen lol

It's Batman and Superman finally sharing the same screen. Is your deep love for the Marvel brofest they've created that strong?

• Upvote 1

You mean.. that really average Superman we have already seen is in a movie with Ben Affleck in a 500 lb batman suit? Ya.. sounds exciting..

And Marvel is making the worst Superhero movie in the history of the world, so I don't see where they come into play.

I don't like Affleck either, but I'll still have to admit the way they have him looking in his regular batsuit works.

But the movie is a natural and logical progression from MoS and they aren't going over the top campy with it. The whole world is affected and chiming in and now you have two guys on the "good" side with potenially different ideas of how to obtain justice.

Developed characters, solid story, and great tone. Execution might fall flat, but these are the two most iconic characters on screen together. What's not to get excited about?

You are talking as like you have seen the entire movie and not just 3 minutes of trailers. I think that's the problem here.

I was thinking the same about you. I'm just saying from what we know. The basic story is already known as well as the character's motives and blah blah. To say it's gonna be terrible already is hard for me.

Edited by butta55

We still haven't seen Mark Zuckerberg, so F4E may end up being right.

For me, Batman looks good (though it's weird because Baleman never would've said the "Do you bleed?" line" but I guess that's the point) and the trailer has allayed some of my fears.

Hey, I am not pretending to know the tone of the movie before it's out, how the characters are developed, or that the story is good. Lol.

When all is said and done, I think this might be the worst Batman rendition we have ever seen. George Clooney says thank you.

Hey, I am not pretending to know the tone of the movie before it's out, how the characters are developed, or that the story is good. Lol.

When all is said and done, I think this might be the worst Batman rendition we have ever seen. George Clooney says thank you.

I'm not pretending :shrug:

The story has been known because it is a follow up to the MoS so I'm not sure what you mean by that? The world is reacting to Superman and Batman sees him as a threat and is in town to learn more about him and check him. Superman was developed in umm his own movie before this....and we know Batman's story. The tone was set by the trailer and content of the story.

I hate the Affleck casting to this day, but this is almost perfect match "The Dark Knight Returns" comic book edition which is a very loved and popular Frank Miller series so I don't see how this in any way can be worse than the campy Clooney garbage.

You just have a history of hating everything DC does so...

Edited by butta55

I'm not pretending :shrug:

The story has been known because it is a follow up to the MoS so I'm not sure what you mean by that? The world is reacting to Superman and Batman sees him as a threat and is in town to learn more about him and check him. Superman was developed in umm his own movie before this....and we know Batman's story. The tone was set by the trailer and content of the story.

I hate the Affleck casting to this day, but this is almost perfect match "The Dark Knight Returns" comic book edition which is a very loved and popular Frank Miller series so I don't see how this in any way can be worse than the campy Clooney garbage.

You just have a history of hating everything DC does so...

That's the entire story? Really... Hmm, this movie is going to suck even more now that every plot point and story progression has been spoiled by you in one sentence. Cool stuff, man. lmao

And ya, the really dull and average Superman that was developed in Man of Steel? The same movie that was at it's best in the prologue and was all down hill after that? And just because we know Batman's story doesn't mean he is or has been developed... This is a new incarnation of him, lmao. And you also act like these are the only two characters in the entire movie.

The tone of the trailer may very well be different than the movie. Trailers are supposed to try and evoke feelings and 'tone' to get you to go see the movie. There is a great chance the trailer can't evoke all of the feelings and atmosphere that the movie will encompass -- which isn't surprising being that you go from 2 minutes and 30 seconds to 90 minutes or whatever it is going to be. There is so much involved in setting the tone for a film that it's impossible completely engulf tone in 2 minutes and 30 seconds. You may get a feel for it, you may get a general direction.. But you don't know everything.. Not even close. I will bet you money, right now... that the film evokes more tone than simply hatred, darkness, and more hatred.

And what exactly is there of DCs to like? I love the previous Batman installment, so... You are just kind of randomly throwing shit into the wind and hoping it sticks. Superman was very average... Jonah Hex was shit. Watchmen was better not being put into movie form... The last set of Superman movies were shit. Catwoman was shit.

What am I missing exactly from the genius that has been DC in the movie world?

I thought MoS was amazing... Seen it a lot, and probably going to watch it again soon.

But, nobody else likes it. :shrug:

I agree with you about it being amazing and I agree alot of people didn't like it. I did my review on it and watch it like three times a year. I don't think what Nolan was trying to do was understood by most people.

That's the entire story? Really... Hmm, this movie is going to suck even more now that every plot point and story progression has been spoiled by you in one sentence. Cool stuff, man. lmao

And ya, the really dull and average Superman that was developed in Man of Steel? The same movie that was at it's best in the prologue and was all down hill after that? And just because we know Batman's story doesn't mean he is or has been developed... This is a new incarnation of him, lmao. And you also act like these are the only two characters in the entire movie.

The tone of the trailer may very well be different than the movie. Trailers are supposed to try and evoke feelings and 'tone' to get you to go see the movie. There is a great chance the trailer can't evoke all of the feelings and atmosphere that the movie will encompass -- which isn't surprising being that you go from 2 minutes and 30 seconds to 90 minutes or whatever it is going to be. There is so much involved in setting the tone for a film that it's impossible completely engulf tone in 2 minutes and 30 seconds. You may get a feel for it, you may get a general direction.. But you don't know everything.. Not even close. I will bet you money, right now... that the film evokes more tone than simply hatred, darkness, and more hatred.

And what exactly is there of DCs to like? I love the previous Batman installment, so... You are just kind of randomly throwing shit into the wind and hoping it sticks. Superman was very average... Jonah Hex was shit. Watchmen was better not being put into movie form... The last set of Superman movies were shit. Catwoman was shit.

What am I missing exactly from the genius that has been DC in the movie world?

I said we know the basic story....didn't say we know the entire plot. Knowing the bones of the story is enough to understand what we are getting into.

I already said how I feel about MoS and you did too, so if you really hated it then it makes sense you would not be looking forward to BvS but doesn't mean you don't know who Superman is. Think what you want about the movie, he was developed throughout the entire thing as far as how and why he became a hero. This version of Batman is just Batman plus a decade or so of experience....I didn't read the Frank Miller series but it isn't hard to figure out that this isn't some wildly different character. The only difference is this is a more gritty and ruthless version which IMO came across in the trailer from the warning from Alfred.

DC doesn't have much to like. But you gonna say you haven't been throwing shade on Suicide Squad and BvS for awhile now?? With no real reasons either because we just got the first footage from either movie.

Edited by butta55