Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Yet all of it won't matter because it's failing badly and there won't ever be a sequel.

Yet all of it won't matter because it's failing badly and there won't ever be a sequel.

You're so negative Spartan. lol

I went to see F4 last night. If you've seen my posts in the Movies thread you know I'm pretty easy to please and give a lot of films 8's and 9's and 10's.

This was like a 3 for me. Was really pumped going in, and then it's a shitshow. The only way it could've been worse if it was filmed on a handicam. I thought the casting turned out to be terrible after all, the only saving grace for me was MBJ, and he's like a minor character in comparison to Teller, whom I kind of despise now.

Doom was awful. Sorry Butter. I tried to appreciate what they were doing with him, but Doom is one of the most bad ass villains in any comicverse, and that thing was not.

The absolute worst part is that it's like 45 minutes long, and you can tell it's been chopped to hell and sloppily at that. Oh, and they fucked with too many things cannon wise that needn't be fucked with. One particular thing made me angry, but I'll wait. Definitely fits in along the lines of the movie tryharding to be dark for some reason. It genuinely kind of felt like they bought the rights to the F4 name and then just decided to do whatever.

That said, it's Fox, so I give a sequel a 50/50 shot of happening with a new director. (cough Bryan Singer).

Okay Fantastic Four should now most definitely go back to Marvel. It would be awesome for phase 4 with Spider-Man.

I went to see F4 last night. If you've seen my posts in the Movies thread you know I'm pretty easy to please and give a lot of films 8's and 9's and 10's.

This was like a 3 for me. Was really pumped going in, and then it's a shitshow. The only way it could've been worse if it was filmed on a handicam. I thought the casting turned out to be terrible after all, the only saving grace for me was MBJ, and he's like a minor character in comparison to Teller, whom I kind of despise now.

Doom was awful. Sorry Butter. I tried to appreciate what they were doing with him, but Doom is one of the most bad ass villains in any comicverse, and that thing was not.

The absolute worst part is that it's like 45 minutes long, and you can tell it's been chopped to hell and sloppily at that. Oh, and they fucked with too many things cannon wise that needn't be fucked with. One particular thing made me angry, but I'll wait. Definitely fits in along the lines of the movie tryharding to be dark for some reason. It genuinely kind of felt like they bought the rights to the F4 name and then just decided to do whatever.

That said, it's Fox, so I give a sequel a 50/50 shot of happening with a new director. (cough Bryan Singer).

Noooooooo way this Doom is worse than the last one. Lol. Come on.

So the Civil War "teams" might have been leaked.

#TeamStark wins

I

I

I

I

V

Also a big part of this movie depends on your feelings of their Doom (which I loved).

:yep:

My full review is on my podcast

I just read that Fox is already considering having Deadpool 2 take FF2's date. At least they can admit their mistake and give up the rights to Marvel in exchange for the X-Men live action TV show.

Butta still in denial. He'll see the light eventually.

Butta still in denial. He'll see the light eventually.

I think you're missing the point that everyone doesn't have to like the same thing :laserface:

Lol my time these last two weeks are so precious, I almost went to the theater manager and asked him to magically give me back the time and money I spent seeing F4.

Total and utter garbage. Had me slumped over for most of it, and was like, 75% forgettable. It probably wasn't that bad, but it sure as hell was to me. Smh.

• Upvote 1

I think you're missing the point that everyone doesn't have to like the same thing :laserface:

And you'll see what I'm talking about when Fox gives up the rights to Marvel because they can't make movies. :laserface:

Noooooooo way this Doom is worse than the last one. Lol. Come on.

So much worse. At least Julian McMahon is a great actor, and was actually in the movie

Lol my time these last two weeks are so precious, I almost went to the theater manager and asked him to magically give me back the time and money I spent seeing F4.

Total and utter garbage. Had me slumped over for most of it, and was like, 75% forgettable. It probably wasn't that bad, but it sure as hell was to me. Smh.

It is absolutely forgettable, because there's nothing there, nothing happens. They mumble out vaguely fantastic four themed dialog for 90 minutes straight, and then there's a big hokey hubbub at the end. On top of how incredible boring it was, it was one of the sloppiest made films I have EVER seen. EVER.

--

Giving it a 3 was very, very generous. If you come out of this thing a happy camper, you are completely full of shit.

And you'll see what I'm talking about when Fox gives up the rights to Marvel because they can't make movies. :laserface:

Yet they made

-X-Men....the movie that really kicked off the superhero movies

-X2.....one of the top 5 superhero movies made

-First Class....another high rated movie

-Days of Future's Past......another top 5 superhero movie

Not to mention Deadpool looks amazing which no one can deny. Sparty :pls:

• Upvote 1

My issue is not that FOX can't make good superhero movies. It's that they can't make good Fantastic Four movies and the rights are out of place there now. They had an opportunity to reboot and get something started, but they alienated the fanbase of the property from the get-go, which is unbelievably stupid. Thinking about it, they were banking on people who don't know about or care about the FF to go see the movie because a lot of fans were pissed about this from the beginning (me being one of them).

I think this being a failure is probably going to eventually lead to the Fantastic Four finally finding a home back at Marvel Studios. The question just becomes, how long does it take and when it happens what will Marvel do with them. There is a lot of speculation that the proposed live action X-Men TV show FOX wants is being held up by Marvel and the FF may end up being the compromise, but it wouldn't shock me if FOX just sat on the rights for years and then re-consider a reboot again when the expiration date comes close. The Marvel/FOX relationship is notoriously damaged. As for what Marvel should do with the rights, I feel like a reboot may not be necessary. I'm not sure the Netflix route would work like it did with Daredevil, maybe an ABC series to eventually replace Agent Carter as the 2nd Marvel series on the network. Maybe an HBO series (though Punisher still makes the most sense there, maybe Blade). But I think Marvel may shy away from a reboot so close to a reboot that bombed.

Yet they made

-X-Men....the movie that really kicked off the superhero movies

-X2.....one of the top 5 superhero movies made

-First Class....another high rated movie

-Days of Future's Past......another top 5 superhero movie

Not to mention Deadpool looks amazing which no one can deny. Sparty :pls:

Please read up on what's happening. Fox destroyed the movie they just released. It was good then FOX made it terrible.

Then again Josh Trank getting high everyday might have something to do with it.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Again.....Sparty :pls:

To Milla's point.....Very correct in that the rights are by expiration deadlines for FOX to make a movie in. Some fans seem to think if it doesn't make a certain amount of money it goes back to Marvel :nonono: I think the property is best with FOX coming from a person who didn't hate none of the movies I get that I seem bias.

But Marvel has a LARGE plate of properties and as fans we don't win when someone has a monopoly. F4 would only get a movie every 5 years or so because Marvel can't accomadate for this many movies. Putting them in anything except the big screen is a waste to me and a waste of a good young cast that will cost a lot more to hire 4 years from now.

I would like to see FOX do a Deadpool-style reboot in which they bring back those four actors and then maybe give it another crack with a different cast and director around them. Or IMO the best route is to push forward and learn from your mistakes and do a sequel that is 100x better...because all the good stuff has yet to be seen.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt like the Fantastic Four was a lame series. It's in the same tier as Aquaman or the Wonder Twins in my eyes. I just don't care for the characters. Though Dr. Doom is a cool villain, but that's about the only positive I can muster.

I guess this has been floating around on social media for a while, but I hadn't seen it. It could very well have been mentioned in this thread and I missed it. So, apologies if this is a re-post.

Anyway, I Am Legend was on the other night, and I was shocked at the one billboard Will Smith walks by in post-apocalyptic New York City:

superman-batman-movie-i-am-legend-e8ffxc

Quite an easter egg from a movie filmed almost a decade ago, even before the Christopher Nolan trilogy. Logo is damn near identical too.

Apparently, the writer of I Am Legend had written a script for a Batman vs. Superman movie but it never got made. They scrapped that project to start the Nolan trilogy instead.

• Upvote 1

Again.....Sparty :pls:

To Milla's point.....Very correct in that the rights are by expiration deadlines for FOX to make a movie in. Some fans seem to think if it doesn't make a certain amount of money it goes back to Marvel :nonono: I think the property is best with FOX coming from a person who didn't hate none of the movies I get that I seem bias.

But Marvel has a LARGE plate of properties and as fans we don't win when someone has a monopoly. F4 would only get a movie every 5 years or so because Marvel can't accomadate for this many movies. Putting them in anything except the big screen is a waste to me and a waste of a good young cast that will cost a lot more to hire 4 years from now.

I would like to see FOX do a Deadpool-style reboot in which they bring back those four actors and then maybe give it another crack with a different cast and director around them. Or IMO the best route is to push forward and learn from your mistakes and do a sequel that is 100x better...because all the good stuff has yet to be seen.

Alright, you made me bring out this article.

The first half of the story doesn’t make much sense by itself; it seems unlikely that Trank would just suddenly go off the deep end for no reason and sabotage his first big break. Now that Fantastic Four has hit theaters, critics and audiences alike have noticed that the movie feels disjointed, with many pointing out a distinct tonal shift in the third act.

According to the other rumors that have begun to emerge about the movie’s troubled production, Fantastic Four was the victim of some very poor decision-making and interference on Fox’s behalf. The EW article goes on to reveal that some sources painted a very unfavorable picture of the studio’s actions.
“Some who worked on the film say Trank was driven to the breaking point by the studio, which delayed casting and script approvals, slashed the budget by tens of millions from what was originally promised, and tried to force last-minute changes to the film just as principal photography was beginning, creating confusion and stress from the get-go that often boiled over among department heads trying to put together pieces of a movie that was still in flux.”

http://screenrant.com/fantastic-four-reboot-josh-trank-fox/

Not to mention Apocalypse looks like SHIT in the new X-Men movie (probably FOX's doing) and they probably showed all the good parts in that Deadpool trailer.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

You still have made no points Sparty. I knew all the rumors in that article already....

--------------------

"While we're disappointed, we remain committed to these characters and we have a lot to look forward to in our Marvel universe."

Hopefully it is with this same cast of four.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fox-Still-Committed-More-Fantastic-Four-76127.html

Edited by Buttriots

I just need to question your commitment to a studio that turns potentially great movies into shit that you wont even think about in 20 years. Totally right on your broadcast by the way, the way you said this movie was going to be a box office success, lmao.

FOX is full of it, they aren't committed to a franchise that's losing them so much money especially with the same cast like butta hopes lol. This is a bottom line business and at the end of the day, the people at the top aren't going to allow a sequel to go forward on a big budget after losing so much money with this one. Especially when the fanbase of the property is so against you making these to begin with.

That's not to say FOX is just going to say fuck it and hand rights back over to Marvel. They probably feel the superhero genre is strong and the property could be worth money, they've just killed the value of it right now. FOX has some tough choices ahead, but being fully committed to the franchise is not something people at the top are going to want to do. By pitching to them to move forward with the sequel, you are pretty much trying to tell them to throw away money.

I just need to question your commitment to a studio that turns potentially great movies into shit that you wont even think about in 20 years. Totally right on your broadcast by the way, the way you said this movie was going to be a box office success, lmao.

Only time I predicted success was way back, but no one had any way of knowing that the final product was a jumbled mess. No one in the movie world 3 months ago said this would not make money, how could they? The details and product was being so closely guarded until just now.

FOX is full of it, they aren't committed to a franchise that's losing them so much money especially with the same cast like butta hopes lol. This is a bottom line business and at the end of the day, the people at the top aren't going to allow a sequel to go forward on a big budget after losing so much money with this one. Especially when the fanbase of the property is so against you making these to begin with.

That's not to say FOX is just going to say fuck it and hand rights back over to Marvel. They probably feel the superhero genre is strong and the property could be worth money, they've just killed the value of it right now. FOX has some tough choices ahead, but being fully committed to the franchise is not something people at the top are going to want to do. By pitching to them to move forward with the sequel, you are pretty much trying to tell them to throw away money.

Wolvering Origins was terrible, they still went ahead with another Wolverine movie which I didn't even want to come close to seeing it looked so awful. But point being they kept plugging with those.

Even Deadpool got his reboot after what they did to him, despite what fans think that movie was in the plans before the "leaked" footage.

FOX doesn't seem like the type that would just throw stuff away.

And there is NO WAY IN HELL F4 is worse than X-Men Origins. I expect fans after awhile to give in and go see it despite their friends telling them not to.