Sign in to follow this  
NaTaS

Choose your Head Coach and Coordinators

What makes Tomlin better than Belichick? Not trying to hate on Tomlin, I love the dude, but he inherited a Super Bowl ready team with one of the best DCs of all time. I see no reason to say Tomlin is better than Belichick. I don't like Belichick, but the dude can coach. Three Super Bowls is incredibly hard to pull off and only a few people have done it.

Did not say he was better. He said it wasnt close and that is just not true. Tomlin is damn close, so is tom Coughlin (one could argue better). To say BB is some mystical football god is just ridiculous, there are guys who are close to every bit as good it is not like this is BB's world and everybody in habits it.

That's pretty much what got me all fired up. You basically called me either ignorant or an idiot, two things I'm sure are now clear to you that I am not. We just have a difference of opinion on some things. I can live with that.

Lombardi, Paul Brown, Chuck Noll, Jimmy Johnson... None of these guys went out there and won titles by themselves. It takes a village, especially in a sport with a 53 man roster and a stable of assistant coaches. I can't take away any credit from BB for winning with talent and getting help in the beginning. All great coaches do that. You can't win without a pool talented and capable individuals working together.

The guy has coached his team to 3 SB wins and a total of 5 appearances. It's nothing short of amazing. No coach that I can think of has ever done that.

All in all, I enjoyed the debating with you.

I did too I like the heated debate.

I just HATE when people give BB too much credit. The Giants SB's were all Parcells...ALLLL. His defense he installed with the players he drafted and the scheme he ran. This is no knock on BB considering it has been a copy cat league for some time now and there is nothing wrong with learning under parcells. but he did not make that Giants defense like EVERYBODY loves to say he did.

Yes you cant argue with his SB's. As to Coaches, knoll won 4. Walsh also has 3.

lol @ the Mike Tomlin hype. He's a solid coach, but like Milla said, he inherited a damn good team. Not to mention the Steelers are an extremely well-run organization. Safe to say he landed in a good situation.

Wouldn't have had the same success if he had to take over a dog shit team with a mediocre front office.

and BB had what scrub ass players and a shitty front office. I dont see anyone calling that hype. That is the shit I am talking about.

and BB had what scrub ass players and a shitty front office. I dont see anyone calling that hype. That is the shit I am talking about.

Let's be fair here, BB has thrown a bunch of mediocre players out on the field over the years, and has been able to maximize their potential + contribute well to the team. Not many other HCs are able to do that. Hell, half the damn defense last year was made up of UDFAs and they still managed to make it to the Super Bowl lol.

• Upvote 1

Let's be fair here, BB has thrown a bunch of mediocre players out on the field over the years, and has been able to maximize their potential + contribute well to the team. Not many other HCs are able to do that. Hell, half the damn defense last year was made up of UDFAs and they still managed to make it to the Super Bowl lol.

That does not help his case since he drafts and coaches them and the dudes he drafts arent good enough to garner roster spots on the team that drafted the.

And there is no way pats fans are fair when talking about BB. ok and that defense is not something I would try to make a case with either. They were pathetic. It is as it has been for many years Tom Brady putting up 35 points to win and you defense just trying not to sabotage you.

So BB cant do that. he cant maximize the potential of his D apparently because last year McCourty was shitty and nothing compared to his rookie year. And everybody thinks the moving guys aorund thing is just brilliant but it is pretty stupid. People play positions because they are the best at those positions. Trying to undo a lifetime of training at a position because you like to have "scheme flexibility."

Being completely fair he has an all world QB who cant be stopped just slowed. He has not fixed the defense and it has been d-o-d-o for a while now. That said he has a system that works for him...let Brady call the offense and make you look like a genius. He also is a very smart and shrewd coach which has worked well for him. He gets people for the right price and all the while Brady is still putting up crazy points and he is a winner. That is fair. It has his faults and his strengths he is not McKay but he is not chuck knoll either.

I did too I like the heated debate.

I just HATE when people give BB too much credit. The Giants SB's were all Parcells...ALLLL. His defense he installed with the players he drafted and the scheme he ran. This is no knock on BB considering it has been a copy cat league for some time now and there is nothing wrong with learning under parcells. but he did not make that Giants defense like EVERYBODY loves to say he did.

Yes you cant argue with his SB's. As to Coaches, knoll won 4. Walsh also has 3.

Indeed, but neither of them went to five. BB might not be done going to/winning them either. That's the craziest part of all this. He's shown no signs of stopping just yet. Now don't get me wrong. I would love to see the Chiefs start going to some of them and put a stop to Belichick's reign of terror. ;)

HC: Bill Belichick

OC: Sean Payton

DC: To stir things up and be a bit of a homer... Rex Ryan :wub:

Belichick and Ryan on the same staff....get Hard Knocks on that shit :devious:

lol @ the Mike Tomlin hype. He's a solid coach, but like Milla said, he inherited a damn good team. Not to mention the Steelers are an extremely well-run organization. Safe to say he landed in a good situation.

Wouldn't have had the same success if he had to take over a dog shit team with a mediocre front office.

I agree with this, for the most part. He took how long to get rid of Bruce Arians? Oh, wait, that's right, the Rooneys were going to let him go before he "retired." He's also atrocious at challenges.

From what coach to another its funny to see people argue that one coach did ANYTHING by themselves. NO coach in history has done it by themselves, there are just way too many aspects to a coaching staff to say Parcells or BB was the reason behind this or that. First off you have three phases on a football team Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. ALL needed to win a game let alone a championship. So between those three you are constantly watching, measuring, guessing, and CHANGING things every single day. You are scouting opponents every single week. Trust me I been in a low coaching position and all it takes is ONE day to speak up on an idea or something you saw in film and it could make a huge difference on how the team runs. Not saying I'm a NFL coach, but I have met many of them and its the same thing a staff is working constantly together up into early hours of the morning sometimes. Parcells did nothing without BB and BB did nothing without Parcells or the OC or the Special Team guy and so on and so forth. Even if you draft the players and come up with the scheme you can't do it all by yourself and it takes a group of guys who can see what you see and coach the things you want coached. Everyone plays a part and some coaches are more special then others, but guys no one goes anywhere without the entire staff. And lastly A LOT of the ideas and changes brought up by other coaches are usually credited to the HC so we have no idea who could be putting their mark on team inside that organization.

HC: BB

OC: Sean Payton

DC: Ron Rivera