Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Rank Lowry and Dragic

As a Houston Rockets fan, I'm sure you all can understand how angry I am with Daryl Morey over the fiasco that is not retaining either of Houston's up and coming, arguably top 10 point guards. Out of pure frustration, I'm going to come up with PG rankings just display how much Morey lost by being a stupid fat fuck who's not going to be able to keep either of the RFA's he's signed to offer sheets, either. Let me know if you agree or disagree. On other forums, I see fans of other teams drastically underrating both players, and I find that remarkably offensive.

1. CP3

2. Rondo

3. Deron

4. Russ

5. Rose

6. Parker

7. Nash

8. Conley

9. Lowry

10. Dragic

11. Wall

12. Kyrie

-I also find people drastically overrating these last two players just because they drop some points.

13. Rubio

14. Lawson

That's as far as I'm going. Feel free to comment, agree, or disagree.

I don't know what exactly you used to decide these but if you're going by what they've done only I would say thats a pretty reasonable list. If you're talking who you want for the future, you're really underrating Rubio and Irving. They played really well as rookies, and I don't think last year was really indicative for Irving as a guard because he has no one around him. It also wouldn't surprise me if wall is the same way.

I don't know what exactly you used to decide these but if you're going by what they've done only I would say thats a pretty reasonable list. If you're talking who you want for the future, you're really underrating Rubio and Irving. They played really well as rookies, and I don't think last year was really indicative for Irving as a guard because he has no one around him. It also wouldn't surprise me if wall is the same way.

That's just it, really. I think both Wall and Irving could be top 5 within several years. Right now, they're just scorers, it seems. When I think PG, I think old school with the exception of Russ and Parker, who are established stars in this league.

On the topic of Rubio, though, I think we could be looking at top 5 (in the league, not ever) before his career is over. He's got everything. Kid dishes, shoots fairly well, plays defense--I'm excited about his future.

On the topic of Lowry and Dargic, I just find a lot of people underrating them for some reason. I know Houston never gets any prime time games, but I find it absurd to just dismiss them like some do (not here, on other sites). They both score at least 15 a game and usually approach or surpass twenty, both rebound well, both are great for assists, and both play tenacious defense. Before Lowry had his bacterial infection and hernia, he was flirting with triple doubles in a lot of games. When Dragic started, he was a stud for three and a half quarters but didn't have the guts Lowry had at the end of games.

Rubio is overrated because he can drop points?

I have to disagree there, being that his biggest redeeming quality is his absolutely outstanding court vision and ability to facilitate and get the ball to his teammates.

Rondo at 2 i disagree with. Hes like 4 or 5 but not number 2. I wouldnt put him over CP3 or Williams or Rose. Nash i agree is like 6th or 7th due to his age.

1.CP3

2.Rose

3.Williams

4.Russ

5.Rondo

Thats my top 5. CP3 is the clearcut best PG to me.

Rose is a great player himself. Nearly unstoppable before he got hurt. His impact i think is a lil overrated for the fact, he missed time and the Bulls kept skipping along. Great player no doubt though.

When Williams played in Utah he was doing more then what the stat sheet showed. He was at the time the better PG in the NBA to me. CP3 has now retook that. Not by stats by impact mostly.

Russ, underrated defender. However hes too wild still. Once he learns to take better shots or better drive attempts i think he will be the best offensive PG the NBAs seen since Iverson. His D needs more credit though, hes def a annoyance on that end.

Rondo is a Jason Kidd type player without a jumpshot. Gets boards, steals and hass the most how the fuck he get that pass to him passes. He still doesnt have a jumpshot, so by skill set i cant put him over any of the 4 above him. I look more then stats when judging a player. Most of the ppl on here cept a few take more into account when debating whos better. ( Dwight Vs KD thread a GOOD FUCKING EXAMPLE ) I will say hes prob one of the better get to the basket players in the NBA.

Rubio is overrated because he can drop points?

I have to disagree there, being that his biggest redeeming quality is his absolutely outstanding court vision and ability to facilitate and get the ball to his teammates.

Thats true he can get the ball to his players with crazy passes. Also has a great drive step to the basket. However hes not all there on defense. And hes only had what half a year in the NBA? Too early to put him in the top 10 range until further notice. He will be top 8 in a matter of time though.

Thats true he can get the ball to his players with crazy passes. Also has a great drive step to the basket. However hes not all there on defense. And hes only had what half a year in the NBA? Too early to put him in the top 10 range until further notice. He will be top 8 in a matter of time though.

Ya, it's fun watching him move the ball. Which is so very rare in the NBA these days, even with a plethora of talent at the position.

I don't want to make a direct comparison, because obviously that would be very premature after he's played one season in the NBA that got stopped short because of injury, HOWEVER.... You see a little of like... Magic Johnson when Rubio is on the floor.

It's really special to watch, and he is only going to get better.

Ya, it's fun watching him move the ball. Which is so very rare in the NBA these days, even with a plethora of talent at the position.

I don't want to make a direct comparison, because obviously that would be very premature after he's played one season in the NBA that got stopped short because of injury, HOWEVER.... You see a little of like... Magic Johnson when Rubio is on the floor.

It's really special to watch, and he is only going to get better.

In regards to comparing Magic u mean his no look passes. The way he fins his players ANYWHERE on the court id agree. Euro ball is like that. Thats why Spain is normally so damn good their basketball IQ is high, but different then how americans play. If u ever watch spanish ppl play ball, i mean everybody on the team is spanish. They will pass a SHIT LOAD of times. They move the ball around to get a shot they want. Dont really run plays too much, its more of a pass lead offense though. Rubio was tearing us up in the Olympics years ago. He was like 17. Hes going to be a 18-12 kinda guy when he gets a bit older.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

Ricky Rubio is much better than his ranking, though I can understand it because of his injury. Its hard to judge Wall, Rubio and Irving, talent wise and potential those guys are better than Conley, Dragic and Lowry.

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Derrick Rose

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Rajon Rondo

6. Tony Parker

7. Steve Nash

8. Stephen Curry

9. Kyrie Irvin

10. Ty Lawson

IMO, they are both in the 10-15 range... I'd take Lowry above Dragic.

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Derrick Rose

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Rajon Rondo

6. Tony Parker

7. Steve Nash

8. Stephen Curry

9. Kyrie Irvin

10. Ty Lawson

IMO, they are both in the 10-15 range... I'd take Lowry above Dragic.

Solid list except for Lawson and Curry ahead of both of them. Ty Lawson is not better than Kyle Lowry or Goran Dragic. Steph Curry is a scorer, not a PG. A #2 if there ever was one.

I actually agree with you on Ty Lawson not being better then Lowry, not so sure on Dragic, I have Lawson in my top 10 just cause I think with another year, he'll be their. He's already a better scorer then Dragic, passing is a toss up because Dragic doesn't play as many minutes as Lawson so who knows, they average the same amount of turnovers, but Lawson has a better A:T ratio.

IDK about Curry being just a scorer, he's still learning how to play the position and he already averages around 6 assists a game for his career, and he's already an extremely efficient player scoring wise. His minutes and games played were all jacked up due to injuries, I think it also affected his game. But the gap b/w Curry and Lowry scoring wise, is much bigger then the gap b/w Lowry and Curry as playmakers, and rebounders.

And on defense, They aren't too far apart either. Lowry is great at stopping the penetration because of his aggressiveness and speed, but his size and the amount of gap he leaves b/w him and his opponent opens up the door for a lot of wide open jumpers. Curry may not be able to handle drivers like Lowry but he is much better at handling them on the perimeter.

With Ellis gone, and hopefully Curry healthy, he'll just keep better.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I actually agree with you on Ty Lawson not being better then Lowry, not so sure on Dragic, I have Lawson in my top 10 just cause I think with another year, he'll be their. He's already a better scorer then Dragic, passing is a toss up because Dragic doesn't play as many minutes as Lawson so who knows, they average the same amount of turnovers, but Lawson has a better A:T ratio.

IDK about Curry being just a scorer, he's still learning how to play the position and he already averages around 6 assists a game for his career, and he's already an extremely efficient player scoring wise. His minutes and games played were all jacked up due to injuries, I think it also affected his game. But the gap b/w Curry and Lowry scoring wise, is much bigger then the gap b/w Lowry and Curry as playmakers, and rebounders.

And on defense, They aren't too far apart either. Lowry is great at stopping the penetration because of his aggressiveness and speed, but his size and the amount of gap he leaves b/w him and his opponent opens up the door for a lot of wide open jumpers. Curry may not be able to handle drivers like Lowry but he is much better at handling them on the perimeter.

With Ellis gone, and hopefully Curry healthy, he'll just keep better.

The thing about Curry is I don't see any reason to force him to play PG anymore now that Ellis is gone. I know he's small, but he's a shooter. Let him come off picks and run around the perimeter to get open.

:shrug:

I only follow GS cause they have Ekpe Udoh, which is how I see Curry play. Probably has to do with the fact that he a great shooter that can pass the ball, and is willing/capable of getting his teammates involved.

IDK if he'll ever come close to winning a MVP, but in a lot of ways, he kinda has a Steve Nash game to him. Without the high assist total, but even that could probably go up, kinda like Nash's throughout his career.

:shrug:

IDK if he'll ever come close to winning a MVP, but in a lot of ways, he kinda has a Steve Nash game to him. Without the high assist total, but even that could probably go up, kinda like Nash's throughout his career.

Yeah, fact is the kid has game. Hes another underrated NBA player that gets no love.

• Upvote 1