Dutch

Best CB tandem

Best CB tandem  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the best CB tandem this year?

• Nnamdi Asomugha & Dominique Rodgers Cromartie
    • Asante Samuel & Dunta Robinson
    • Brandon Flowers & Stanford Routt
    • Brandon Carr & Morris Claiborne
    • Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman
    • Champ Bailey & Tracey Porter
    • Charles Tillman & Tim Jennings

Hall is still a quality corner in this league. I just feel he isn't as good as advertised. :nope:

EDIT

Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman has been added to the list and Vontae Davis and Sean Smith was taken down because Vontae is a Colt now.

After pre-season, I think that the Falcons' Grimes-Samuel duo only got better (Asante has a good handle on the playbook) and it re-assured that those two guys will be guys that QB's will be afraid to go up against. Anytime you can put two play-makers on the outside and a guy who can hit like a safety but has the cover speed of a corner on the inside, it's going to be crazy scary.

side note - Not to get back off-topic, but, to call Chris Johnson a better running back than Arian Foster is absolutely ridiculous. Not only is it ridiculous, but it may be the funniest thing I've read on here in a couple weeks.

Edited by Chris D

^I disagree, i don't won't to hijack the thread but, skillwise you could make an argument CJ is better. Production is a different story, but how would CJ produced if he played behind that line?

^I disagree, i don't won't to hijack the thread but, skillwise you could make an argument CJ is better. Production is a different story, but how would CJ produced if he played behind that line?

Hed lead the league in rushing. Foster is nice ima Vol fan but CJ with that team? Houston has the best run blocking line in the league easily.

Also, does Dallas get any love in this list? Giants WRs were in check most of the night. I know Cruz didnt play well but still.

Hed lead the league in rushing. Foster is nice ima Vol fan but CJ with that team? Houston has the best run blocking line in the league easily.

He was supporting your argument.

• Upvote 1

Also, does Dallas get any love in this list? Giants WRs were in check most of the night. I know Cruz didnt play well but still.

Just because they managed to stop Nicks and Cruz doesn't vault them into the conversation for best CB duo in the league, man, come on.

This list is about the best CB tandem, not a list of the top-10.

Just because they managed to stop Nicks and Cruz doesn't vault them into the conversation for best CB duo in the league, man, come on.

I just said love not the best or top 5. Im just throwing a corner duo out there that might be in the top arguement this year.

After watching the ame Wednesday, Claiborne and Carr need to be on this list. If not in this list, at least recognized. I bet we see more of these two shutting down great wide outs this year.

Edited by Chris D

After watching the ame Wednesday, Claiborne and Carr need to be on this list. If not in this list, at least recognized. I bet we see more of these two shutting down great wide outs this year.

Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr were already originally on the list and they still are.

EDIT Changes were made: Due to Brent Grimes season ending injury, he was replaced by Dunta Robinson on the list.

Also Champ Bailey and Tracey Porter was added to the list.

Edited by dutchff7

I hate that I accidently didn't allow public votes :shifty:

Don't be shy in revealing who you've chosen. Be confident with your choice :yep:

Edited by dutchff7

Actually this list is about who WILL be the best, not who has been. So game 1 is all we really have to go by. And there is more to it than just the 2 corners themselves: there is the pass rush, safeties, defensive scheme, coaching, and how those corners fit in to all of that.

By the end of the year, Carr and Claiborne will be considered the best...and I'll tell you exactly why I think that: I'm a homer. :biggrin:

Actually this list is about who WILL be the best, not who has been. So game 1 is all we really have to go by. And there is more to it than just the 2 corners themselves: there is the pass rush, safeties, defensive scheme, coaching, and how those corners fit in to all of that.

By the end of the year, Carr and Claiborne will be considered the best...and I'll tell you exactly why I think that: I'm a homer. :biggrin:

I appreciate the honesty :yep:

Why is game one all we have to go by? Other CBs on this list have been tested for years.

Eagles corners vs Ravens WRs.

Ravens Top 3 WR

Jacoby Jones 1 Catch 21 Yards TD : Nnamdi on Coverage

Anquan Boldin 2 Catches 7 Yards:

Torrey Smith 2 Catches 51 Yards (long 40): DRC on coverage

5 Catches 79 yards 1 TD for all 3 Ravens WR stats combined.

Edit: Darelle Revis out for the season so him and Antonio Cromartie no longer qualify.

Added: Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings

Edited by dutchff7

Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman :ninja:

:rock:

Just for fun...

Top 3 best CB tandems according to PFF are...

1. SEATTLE: Brandon Browner (10.9) and Richard Sherman (9.5) = 20.4

2. GREEN BAY: Casey Hayward (10.2) and Tramon Williams (6.2) = 16.4

3. TENNESSEE: Alterraun Verner (8.6) and Jason McCourty (6.3) = 14.9

Fuck that top tandem. <_<