Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Devin Thomas retires

Bears WR Devin Thomas announced his retirement from football.

Thomas fell well short of expectations required for the 34th overall pick in the '08 draft, but he had carved out a career in recent seasons as a gung-ho special teamer. Apparently tired of doing the dirty work, Thomas calls it quits after after 43 receptions, 482 yards, and three TDs over four NFL seasons.

Source: Devin Thomas on Twitter

I want to say all of his TD's came against the Saints. That guy used to kill us for whatever reason when we played the Redskins.

Man I dont understand why dudes do this. Even if it is just special teams get the money while you can, because what jobs does he have after this that will pay him what he is getting now.

Man, I remember when I wanted the Bills to take him. Thank goodness we didn't and ended up taking James Hardy instead...

(ok stevie johnson in the 7th worked out at least)

Glad we took CJ instead of him. I remember everyone saying Thomas to Ten i was like no way hes a flop. People hated the pick then but now i say we took the right player. Shit give me money to play special teams i got ya.

Man I dont understand why dudes do this. Even if it is just special teams get the money while you can, because what jobs does he have after this that will pay him what he is getting now.

It's hard to get inside their heads You just figure this guy retires because one; lost interest. 2; he can't compete at the highest level. 3; to many injuries. who knows really where his head is but all we can do is wish him luck and ask why why why and move on.

I wanted him really bad that year, I guess I'm glad we took Talib but he didn't come without his fair share of headaches.