Sign in to follow this  
Smell My Face

Adrian Peterson removed from active/PUP list

Adrian Peterson removed from active/PUP list

Aug 12 - 12:34 PM

Adrian Peterson (knee) has been removed from the active/PUP list and resumed practicing in 11-on-11 team drills at Vikings camp.

It means he cannot start the regular season on reserve/PUP. Peterson is already working with the first team at Vikings practice and figures to play in a game at some point this preseason. It's clear that Peterson has not suffered a setback since his ACL surgery in December and, although he could still miss a game or two, he's on track to return in time for Week 1 against Jacksonville.

Source: Judd Zulgad on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/237808/adrian-peterson-removed-from-activepup-list

Gonna be interesting to see how he does this year. He still went for MEGA dollars in a test auction league I did the other night.

I really think he'll be fine coming back from this. Not sure why, it just seems like he's the type of guy that will put a ton more effort into a return than other guys would.

I joined my girlfriends fathers fantasy league during the week when someone dropped out. They've been playing together for right around 20 years now. (I know, that's amazing right?) One of the guys took Peterson in the 5th round. I was surprised he was even that high. Seeing as how Nicks dropped to the 4th round, and Mike Wallace dropped to the 5th. Nicks is a great WR with injury issues last season, and Wallace with the contract. But for Peterson to go basically just after Nicks early in the 5th, and BEFORE Wallace, that was definitely weird. I guess I should have grabbed Peterson.

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Aug 15 - 10:17 PM

The Vikings are considering allowing Adrian Peterson (ACL, MCL surgery) to begin contact drills as early as next week.

Peterson has donned a red jersey this week while defenders have done their best to stay out of his way in 11-on-11s. They literally lied down on two of his Wednesday reps. Peterson took 13 snaps in team drills Wednesday and four more in 7-on-7s. He remains on track to see limited action in the season opener.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

http://www.rotoworld.com/default.aspx?rw=1

The only thing shying me away from him is the whole runningbacks with ACL tears history.